Convertible Heating And Air Conditioning

Unit 2 & 3 - 2446 Cawthra Rd Building 2 Mississauga ON L5A 3K6
Peter in Toronto
Peter in Toronto

Furnace

The sales pitch was very comfortable and the salesman very knowledgeable - this is his family's business after all. The price was more than reasonable - about $1000 less than competitors, in fact.

But once they got to the house it was quickly apparent where this company was recovering costs - the installers. A tall man looking to be in his late 70s showed up at my door. He walked slowly and almost fell down my stairs. He was the licensed technician, but luckily he had some help. Two young men looking no older than 19 who appeared to be apprenticing under him came to help. While the one young man was very quiet and obediently fetched tools from the truck the more experienced 19 year old argued constantly with the older man as they installed my furnace. Argued and swore the entire time - the whole job took over 6 hours. I was quite nervous.

So why am I giving them 4 instead of a 0. Well, the furnace works so far and it was much cheaper than someone else. If anything does go wrong I'll be happy to downgrade them to a 0.