Benjamin Moore - North Vancouver

Paint & Wallpaper Retailers
NORTH VANCOUVER BC V7L4G0
Private User reviews North Vancouver, BC

Unprofessional

I have been to the Benjamin Moore store on Brooksbank (North Vancouver) and had similar experiences twice, which is why I choose to write this review.
I went to BM today to ask for the swatch of shades matching a colour I found a couple weeks ago. At the counter, the women asked if I would like a quote for the cans of paint I was purchasing. I agreed, and was surprised at how low the cost was. After discussing with my husband, we decided to go for the purchase. Because there was a long line, we told the women we would come back in a few hours since she was busy. She charged us, and kept the receipt to give us with the paint. When I went back a few hours later, she told me she hadn't charged me for a couple cans and that I was now responsible for paying double the cost. Half the cans had already been made up and paid for, at the cost originally quoted (for the entire purchase). I asked to speak with a manager but was told he was not available, that it shows clearly on my receipt that the paint is non-refundable (a receipt I wasn't shown) and that it was a mistake in how she rang it up (I would have happily paid the difference, but it was a difference in the quoted/charged price, she didn't just forget to ring in an item). She offered no apology and compared the experience to buying onions at the grocery store, where the clerk forgets to ring in an onion. Doubling my paint cost is nothing like buying an extra onion.
Again, this is the second time I have had a negative experience at this franchise, so this is not a one-off negative experience.