Versatile Renovations

Reviews for Versatile Renovations

Sherry & Rick in Calgary
Sherry & Rick in Calgary

Master Ensuite Reno

Versatile just completed renovating our 21 yr old ensuite. We wanted the jacuzzi and small corner shower removed and replaced with a large walk in shower and double vanity. They did an amazing job! The shower is beautiful and the whole ensuite is amazing.

Herb provided a reasonable quote and the work was on time and on budget. Trista was always helpful in answering questions.

Mark and Ryan were great, arrived on time each day, answered all of our questions and offered suggestions we hadn't thought of. They cleaned up every day and were mindful of the cats and the blind dog!

Thank you Sherry and Rick for the review! We are thrilled that you love your new custom bathroom renovation! We look forward to working on future projects with you!

Jarrod Gatzke in Calgary
Jarrod Gatzke in Calgary

En-suite bathroom reno

Everything from the quote to the after job service was first rate with versatile renovations. Herb gave us a competitive quote with the ability to work with his suppliers to create a truly custom en-suite and also came in on time and on budget. Mark did the renovation and always took the time to answer any questions I had. The job was quoted to take 8 days and he got it done in 7. I appreciated the work agenda as I did the painting and trim install and was able to get that done without disrupting the schedule.
I had them come back after the job was complete to install another electrical outlet and it was done within a week of calling, along with a couple of other touch up jobs.
I would definitely recommend them to others and will use them in the future for any other renovation work.

Thank you very much Jarrod!! We appreciate the review of your master bathroom renovation with us. We hope to work with you on future projects!!

Brad and Teresa  in Calgary
Brad and Teresa in Calgary

Bathroom, furnace, and central air.

Called Versatile Renovations for basement bathroom reno because of the great reviews on HomeStars. Also ended up having new furnace and central air installed. Excellent experience. Started with the free estimate, found them to be knowledgeable and fair. Project began on schedule and continued until completed. Trista and Herb were patient and helpful. Clean and efficient, the crew was always willing to go the extra mile for us. 100% satisfied. 10/10. Will not hesitate to call them again for any future renovations. Special thanks to Ryan who also went above and beyond. Highly recommend this company!

Thank you Brad and Teresa!! We appreciate the review on your bathroom,furnace, and central air conditioning!! We look forward to working on future projects with you!!

Dennis andJjune Hoffman in Calgary
Dennis andJjune Hoffman in Calgary

Basement

We were very impressed with the work ethics of Herb and his crew. He came and spent a lot of time with us discussing what we wanted done and gave us great suggestions that helped make our decisions easier.
They came in and started on time and cleaned up their mess each night before leaving. They were very accommodating when we made changes as they went along. We have a beautiful warm walk out basement and have Herb and crew coming back to do other work for us.

We are so happy that you loved your new custom basement renovation!! We are thrilled about renovating your garage!! We can't wait to work with you again on future projects!! Thank you so much for the review!! We truly appreciate it!!

Kate Avram in Toronto
Kate Avram in Toronto

Amazing service

Fantastic service - I hired Versatile for a pretty standard bathroom renovation job: they replaced my toilet, hooked up my new vanity, and changed out my condo shower fixtures and tiling and added a nook for shampoo bottles. Not only was their bid competitive with other quotes I got but they really walked me through the whole process, gave lots of example pictures to figure out exactly what I wanted, gave advice on adjusting a couple small things that no other contractors had mentioned and really did make the end result look better. They were attentive to detail, and when a part of the shower fixtures failed (not their fault - a manufacturer defect in the fixtures set) they returned asap, figured out the problem, got a new part and repaired it quickly at no additional cost. When I was looking for contractors I was a little nervous because it wasn't a huge job, so I didn't know if it would get the same attention as a larger renovation might. Herb was above and beyond helpful, Trista was super attentive and organized at confirming the quote and work dates, times, tile pickups, etc. Mark did beautiful work on my glass subway tiles and recommended a lovely grout colour that really made them pop.

Thank you for the review Kate!! We are very happy you loved your tiling work and we were happy that we could help. We look forward to working with you in the future!

Guy Dakin in Calgary
Guy Dakin in Calgary

Ensuite Renovation

We are so happy with the renovation that Herb, Mark, and Michael did on our very small ensuite. We wanted the jacuzzi tub removed so we could extend the countertop to accommodate two sinks; the toilet moved and the small shower we had completely dismantled and a new tiled shower, the full length of the ensuite installed. The bathroom would have to be taken down completely. They started on time every day and worked through the terrible heat, in a very small bathroom, and completed the project on time. During the reno there were a couple of snags, as usual, and Trista took care of it all for us. Many big and small decisions were needed to be made and we were consulted on every one of them. Versatile wants to make sure the customer is happy! Herb came to
inspect the work, when finished, and asked Ryan, an amazing finisher, to come and do some tidy up work. We were so happy with the work that Ryan did for us and will have Versatile Renovations return to our home, in the future, to do more renos!

Thank you for the review Cynthia and Guy!! We appreciate it!! We are very happy you loved your renovation and look forward to working with you in the future!!

Brown renovation - fantastic!! in Calgary
Brown renovation - fantastic!! in Calgary

Far exceeded our expectations!!

From the initial contact to the final sweeping of our garage and removal of the equipment trailer Herb and Mark exceeded our expectations in every way. We were home reno novices and had heard several horror stories so were apprehensive from the beginning as we were redoing all three of our bathrooms.
Arranged for the prerequisite estimates from four different contractors - three private and one "big box store".....of the four only Versatile confirmed the appointment the day before, Herb was right on time and was very patient answering all of our concerns and questions. His estimate was thorough, detailed and the job came in on time and on budget. We also appreciated the comprehensive list of recommended suppliers and their assistance and professionalism - Bartle and Gibson, Ames Tile, AC Glass and Dauter Stone were all great.
Mark and Herb were meticulous in their work - Mark took great care in the placing and pattern of our tile, he worked neatly and efficiently and we could not be more pleased with our final results.
An enormous THANK YOU to the Versatile Renovations crew for a job well done!!

Thank you so much Mae!! We are so happy we could exceed your expectations and give you the custom bathrooms you wanted!! We can't wait to work with you in the future!

Linda B.
Linda B.

Full Master Ensuite Bath Reno

I have nothing but great things to say about Herb, Mark and the rest of the team. They showed up on the date promised and on time each and every day, were as quiet as they could be considering the work being done, were as clean as they could be and cleaned up after themselves every day. Their work ethic is phenomenal. The two dogs and the cat appreciated their attention as well :-).
With an older house (1947), there are always a few surprises along the way, as well as a few midstream changes from me as I saw things coming together and they handled everything with true professionalism.
We had purchased the house about 6 months prior and it had an 80s hideous bathroom that had to be completely gutted and redone to be functional (see "before" photos with the heart-shaped tub and dark brown tile halfway up the walls and the "after" photos with a beautiful new shower stall where the tub had been; we also moved the vanity to a new location). Herb quoted the labor and the Wedi shower material, then gave us a list of his suppliers and allowed us to use his discount so we could shop for all the other items required (tile, taps & faucets, shower glass, etc). Yes, we had to wait a few months to get slotted in because they are so very busy (to me, a sign of a great company especially in the current economy), but that gave us lots of time to choose color schemes and get all the materials ordered and back home so that everything was ready to go on Demo day.
While the main reno was going on, we also asked Herb to replace a toilet in another bathroom, install a new water heater and lift the hood fan in the kitchen that had been installed far too low and that I kept bashing my head on. Each and every item was completed perfectly and if Herb wasn't happy (he is very picky about quality), the work was redone.
In the end, the job took a little longer than expected and Herb and the crew worked throughout the weekend to get our work finished off so that we could carry on and so he wouldn't be late for his next job, which I'm sure the next client appreciated.
Will definitely be using Herb and the team in the future...next stop, the kitchen!

Thank you so much Linda!! We appreciate the review and are thrilled that you love your bathroom renovation. We can't wait to work with you on your kitchen renovation!!

hoffman.clint in Calgary
hoffman.clint in Calgary

Excellent service, quality workmanship and reasonable pricing

Honest quoting, good prices and quality workmanship. Overall I found it a pleasure to work with Herb and his staff. We had a list of somewhat small jobs that needed a professional touch (plumbing & electrical) and they delivered. Very happy with the results and already trying to figure out which of our larger projects we want to move ahead with next. Herb even provided some direction on where to go and look at products for the larger projects if we decide to go ahead with them. Versatile represents everything you want in a contractor.

Thank you very much Clint!! We appreciate the support and we can't wait to work with you on future projects!!

Carroll Ann McGillis in Calgary
Carroll Ann McGillis in Calgary

Service above and beyond.

Her brand of it in my bathroom a few years ago and did a beautiful job. At the time he noticed we had a Maytag furnace and let us know that he could also serve us that if we had an issue. I furnace quit the other week and heard was over immediately to fix the problem which turned out to be a very simple fix so there was no charge. Her goes above and beyond in his service and you can depend on him to be on time and do a perfect job every time. I look forward to working further with herb to have my front stoop done and know I will be 100% satisfied. I would always recommend Versatile Renovations.

Thank you so much!! We appreciate the review and look forward to working on your front stoop with you!!

More about Versatile Renovations

We are an accredited renovation company in the local Calgary area, we help our customers to create unique bathrooms and kitchens to suit anyone's needs.