Versatile Renovations

Reviews for Versatile Renovations

Kate Avram in Toronto
Kate Avram in Toronto

Amazing service

Fantastic service - I hired Versatile for a pretty standard bathroom renovation job: they replaced my toilet, hooked up my new vanity, and changed out my condo shower fixtures and tiling and added a nook for shampoo bottles. Not only was their bid competitive with other quotes I got but they really walked me through the whole process, gave lots of example pictures to figure out exactly what I wanted, gave advice on adjusting a couple small things that no other contractors had mentioned and really did make the end result look better. They were attentive to detail, and when a part of the shower fixtures failed (not their fault - a manufacturer defect in the fixtures set) they returned asap, figured out the problem, got a new part and repaired it quickly at no additional cost. When I was looking for contractors I was a little nervous because it wasn't a huge job, so I didn't know if it would get the same attention as a larger renovation might. Herb was above and beyond helpful, Trista was super attentive and organized at confirming the quote and work dates, times, tile pickups, etc. Mark did beautiful work on my glass subway tiles and recommended a lovely grout colour that really made them pop.

Thank you for the review Kate!! We are very happy you loved your tiling work and we were happy that we could help. We look forward to working with you in the future!

Guy Dakin in Calgary
Guy Dakin in Calgary

Ensuite Renovation

We are so happy with the renovation that Herb, Mark, and Michael did on our very small ensuite. We wanted the jacuzzi tub removed so we could extend the countertop to accommodate two sinks; the toilet moved and the small shower we had completely dismantled and a new tiled shower, the full length of the ensuite installed. The bathroom would have to be taken down completely. They started on time every day and worked through the terrible heat, in a very small bathroom, and completed the project on time. During the reno there were a couple of snags, as usual, and Trista took care of it all for us. Many big and small decisions were needed to be made and we were consulted on every one of them. Versatile wants to make sure the customer is happy! Herb came to
inspect the work, when finished, and asked Ryan, an amazing finisher, to come and do some tidy up work. We were so happy with the work that Ryan did for us and will have Versatile Renovations return to our home, in the future, to do more renos!

Thank you for the review Cynthia and Guy!! We appreciate it!! We are very happy you loved your renovation and look forward to working with you in the future!!

Far exceeded our expectations!!

From the initial contact to the final sweeping of our garage and removal of the equipment trailer Herb and Mark exceeded our expectations in every way. We were home reno novices and had heard several horror stories so were apprehensive from the beginning as we were redoing all three of our bathrooms.
Arranged for the prerequisite estimates from four different contractors - three private and one "big box store".....of the four only Versatile confirmed the appointment the day before, Herb was right on time and was very patient answering all of our concerns and questions. His estimate was thorough, detailed and the job came in on time and on budget. We also appreciated the comprehensive list of recommended suppliers and their assistance and professionalism - Bartle and Gibson, Ames Tile, AC Glass and Dauter Stone were all great.
Mark and Herb were meticulous in their work - Mark took great care in the placing and pattern of our tile, he worked neatly and efficiently and we could not be more pleased with our final results.
An enormous THANK YOU to the Versatile Renovations crew for a job well done!!

Thank you so much Mae!! We are so happy we could exceed your expectations and give you the custom bathrooms you wanted!! We can't wait to work with you in the future!

Linda B.
Linda B.

Full Master Ensuite Bath Reno

I have nothing but great things to say about Herb, Mark and the rest of the team. They showed up on the date promised and on time each and every day, were as quiet as they could be considering the work being done, were as clean as they could be and cleaned up after themselves every day. Their work ethic is phenomenal. The two dogs and the cat appreciated their attention as well :-).
With an older house (1947), there are always a few surprises along the way, as well as a few midstream changes from me as I saw things coming together and they handled everything with true professionalism.
We had purchased the house about 6 months prior and it had an 80s hideous bathroom that had to be completely gutted and redone to be functional (see "before" photos with the heart-shaped tub and dark brown tile halfway up the walls and the "after" photos with a beautiful new shower stall where the tub had been; we also moved the vanity to a new location). Herb quoted the labor and the Wedi shower material, then gave us a list of his suppliers and allowed us to use his discount so we could shop for all the other items required (tile, taps & faucets, shower glass, etc). Yes, we had to wait a few months to get slotted in because they are so very busy (to me, a sign of a great company especially in the current economy), but that gave us lots of time to choose color schemes and get all the materials ordered and back home so that everything was ready to go on Demo day.
While the main reno was going on, we also asked Herb to replace a toilet in another bathroom, install a new water heater and lift the hood fan in the kitchen that had been installed far too low and that I kept bashing my head on. Each and every item was completed perfectly and if Herb wasn't happy (he is very picky about quality), the work was redone.
In the end, the job took a little longer than expected and Herb and the crew worked throughout the weekend to get our work finished off so that we could carry on and so he wouldn't be late for his next job, which I'm sure the next client appreciated.
Will definitely be using Herb and the team in the future...next stop, the kitchen!

Thank you so much Linda!! We appreciate the review and are thrilled that you love your bathroom renovation. We can't wait to work with you on your kitchen renovation!!

hoffman.clint in Calgary
hoffman.clint in Calgary

Excellent service, quality workmanship and reasonable pricing

Honest quoting, good prices and quality workmanship. Overall I found it a pleasure to work with Herb and his staff. We had a list of somewhat small jobs that needed a professional touch (plumbing & electrical) and they delivered. Very happy with the results and already trying to figure out which of our larger projects we want to move ahead with next. Herb even provided some direction on where to go and look at products for the larger projects if we decide to go ahead with them. Versatile represents everything you want in a contractor.

Thank you very much Clint!! We appreciate the support and we can't wait to work with you on future projects!!

Carroll Ann McGillis in Calgary
Carroll Ann McGillis in Calgary

Service above and beyond.

Her brand of it in my bathroom a few years ago and did a beautiful job. At the time he noticed we had a Maytag furnace and let us know that he could also serve us that if we had an issue. I furnace quit the other week and heard was over immediately to fix the problem which turned out to be a very simple fix so there was no charge. Her goes above and beyond in his service and you can depend on him to be on time and do a perfect job every time. I look forward to working further with herb to have my front stoop done and know I will be 100% satisfied. I would always recommend Versatile Renovations.

Thank you so much!! We appreciate the review and look forward to working on your front stoop with you!!

Megan
Megan

Bathroom

Herb and mark were wonderful. I was originally told it would take 5 days and Herb told them to have it done in three as we have a young toddler and could not be put out of our house for too long as this was our only bathroom. Mark had us back in our house day 2 and the job done in three. I have never done a renovation before and had no idea about anything, mark kept me informed through the process and decided for me how the tile should be layed as I had no idea and it looks fantastic and the room appears bigger. Mark was always on time and worked really hard when we decided on the last day to add more lights he had no problem with this and still finished on time. I’m so impressed with the workmanship and how the bathroom turned out that I will for sure use versatile renovations again for the other renovation projects I have and I will gladly recommend them to anyone needing a renovation done. My new bathroom looks amazing and my house was left cleaner then it was when they started.

Thank you so much Megan!! We are very pleased that you loved your custom bathroom renovation. We look forward to working with you in the future!

kstanford69 in Calgary
kstanford69 in Calgary

Upgrade 2 Bathrooms (2 Full) Tub & Shower

These guys are awesome. Mark & Herb have done an excellent job. Taking care of all the details in both bathrooms. Took 3 weeks to do . Started on March 12, 2018 & ended on March 29, 2018.
-Installed Wedi in both bathrooms one bathroom the main has now a new deep soaker tub with nice tile we picked out. New Fans in both bathrooms. replaced all the rotted or water damaged flooring or wall.
Great attention to detail Mark is awesome by the way. Herb came down on last day to check to make sure we were happy and everything was done the way we wanted. My husband had painted & I guess some of the paint had come off on the ceiling & Mark repaired no questions even though my husband had made the mistake as the putty I guess wasnt dry enough. Mark's attention to detail is awesome. Im a bit picky when it comes to certain things & I felt as if I was being too picky. Mark said no not a problem. The cats really got to know Mark and would greet him on ocassion at the door. Mark always cleaned up after each day when he was done working on the bathrooms. I cant say enough good things about this company.
We bought most of our products like the tile, the fixtures, the tub & glass. It would have cost us at least double or triple for the products we used but we were able to buy though Herb's suppliers which they were also awesome. A few mix ups from the suppliers but Herb's wife got things handled & she is an awesome part of this team. Herb & mark were there for every step of if the tile was too dark or what kinda design & what would fit or not. These guys have you every step of the way. I would definately go with these guys for anything. Best reno company period!
If I could rate higher I would as they are awesome!

Thank you Herb & Mark & the rest of the crew you guys are awesome!

Below is before as both bathrooms were the same. And then after pics with the newer tile . One was made a deep bathtub the other a shower.

Thank you so much for the review we appreciate it!! we are thrilled that you love your new custom bathroom renovations!!
we look forward to working with you in the future!!

scott.mitchell in Calgary
scott.mitchell in Calgary

Kitchen and Back Entry Replace Tile

Versatile finished their third project in our home on Friday March 9, 2018. The first two projects were bathrooms which had to be done because of leaking and each was completed to perfection.

This job was more cosmetic, with dirty grout lines and some cracked tiles and it just needed an updated look. It was an easy decision to proceed because we know we can trust Versatile. The job started on March 5 after a big snowfall and Mark arrived at 15 minutes later than promised, which is still very prompt compared to previous contractors but we still received a phone call shortly after 9:00am telling the road conditions would cause Mark to be late. This level of courtesy continued throughout the entire job and it was great to see Mark every day.

The attention to detail and craftsmanship is great and we are very happy.
Thank you Mark, Herb and Versatile!

Connie & Scott

Thank you so much Connie and Scott!! It was a pleasure to work with you. We can't wait to work with you again in the future!! We are so happy you love your new flooring.

in Calgary
in Calgary

Master bedroom & en suite reno

Versatile did a floor to ceiling reno of our master bedroom & en suite that hadn't been touched in 25 years. The work they did included subfloor replacement, underfloor heating install, new lighting, extractor fan, tile in bathroom, replacement bedroom floor, paint, baseboard replacement, ceiling refinish plus installation of all bathroom fixtures & vanities & installation of new custom shower cubicle.
Versatile had very good communication and were responsive from the outset. Herb provided valuable advice on things to consider & the office was quick to answer any queries I had at the planning stage.
On the scheduled date, Mark and the rest of the Versatile team worked diligently throughout and went above and beyond in terms of effort to get everything to work with the pre-existing state of the rooms which were OLD.
The whole project took about 2 weeks which was more than reasonable for the amount of work involved.
Minor snagging issues with the paint finish at the end of the project were dealt with quickly & effectively with Herb's personal attention.
This has been my best experience in many years with a contracting company in Calgary & I would not hesitate to use Versatile again and recommend them to anyone having similar work done.
It is definitely worth waiting for Versatile to do your project even if you have to wait a few months for them to fit your project into their schedule. They are in demand for good reason!
Before & After pics attached.

We are so happy that you love the master bedroom and bathroom! We appreciate the review and look forward to working with you in the future!

More about Versatile Renovations

We are an accredited renovation company in the local Calgary area, we help our customers to create unique bathrooms and kitchens to suit anyone's needs.