Landscaping is a set of intensely personal preferences, embodying many styles, materials and components. Wolfe, the Owner, spent time with us to determine our style preferences, including flowers, shrubs, trees, walkways and even the shapes and type of stones preferred. That discussion evolved into a design with pleasing curves, textures and colors and a wide variety of plants carefully chosen to complement the house, deck and patio colors.
The work started with protection of the existing grass and careful positioning of the bin to allow driveway access – all thoughtful details. The street was left clean every night.
The finished product has created a back yard oasis that will enhance our enjoyment of the garden space and the value of our home. Some reviews dwell on the cost of the work – it was substantial. But you only get what you pay for and that included:
• Careful workmanship – protecting existing yard features
• High quality soil mix replacing at least 8" of the existing substrate
• Excellent quality and variety of plant and tree specimens
• Careful preparation of the planting beds
• Artistic placement of rocks and walking stones
• Clever use of bark fill around the swing set, providing a defined, clean, durable and safe play surface
• A visual delight – and happy homeowners
The work took 5 days in total and the property was left clean and neat at completion, far exceeding our hopes and expectations.