Ottawa General Contractors

Reviews for Ottawa General Contractors

asaadadil11 in Ottawa
asaadadil11 in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Excellent service, timely with superb quality.

I had a basement flood this past Summer from rain water backup. I hired OGC to do restore my basement, add a bathroom there, move my laundry machines downstairs, and add backwater valves to my sewer.
The estimated time for my work was 4-8 weeks, and they finished in 4 weeks. Everything went exceptionally well. They were so tidy, they cleaned every day after they leave. The level of communication is unheard of, I got a schedule ahead of every week about what is going to be done in the coming week. It is not easy to have renovation at home while living their with kids, but they managed to make everything go very smoothly and we didn't even feel they were there most of the time. All the issues I raised were addressed in a timely fashion. This experience made my change my mind about home renovation, it is not scary or messy at all.
Thanks to my project manager, the team at OGC, and my lovely contractors.

Patrick in Nepean
Patrick in Nepean

Basement Reno

Work was satisfactory. Planning was great. Professional sub contractors. OGC was eager to work with me to fix deficiencies in order to ensure that I was satisfied with the end product.

Review has 1 previous version
Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Top to bottom full house renovation of a century home

We asked OGC to renovate our century old home and they offered fairly competitive pricing compared to some other companies. We had brought our own designs with us from Design First (RIP Friedemann Weinhardt) and they agreed to do the renovation based off our designs. It was accommodating of them to agree to work with our designs and drawings as this is not typically the case. They work with an excellent cabinet contractor, and we hired our own stairs and flooring guys. In the end, the renovation took a lot longer than originally anticipated but the finished product speaks for itself.

We replaced pretty much everything inside the house from insulation, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, flooring, cabinets, walls, ceiling, bathrooms, closets, etc. Literally everything. This project required a lot of TLC and Brad Newsham of OGC did a fantastic job (once he took over the project midway).

The project started off slowly and there were a lot of issues when you do a major renovation on a very old house. Demolition and removing structural walls, replacing it with a new beam took almost 6 months. There were some project management shuffling but in the end we ended up with Brad.

Once Brad came on the project, everything started to move with some momentum. There were problems with renovation literally every step of the way. The basement needed a sump pump, the base plumbing was rotting, tiling needed to be re-done, HVAC needed to be re-done, etc. Brad (and OGC) approached every problem with transparency and did not exaggerate timelines. He also made sure the work was done right. If a subcontractor did not do the original job correctly, he was willing to incur the costs of redoing it correctly. Which is exactly what you want from your general contractor. The project certainly had its fair share of bad luck, but it was refreshing to have someone that cared about your project and paid attention the details. We did have some good luck as some of the subcontractors for cabinets, flooring, stairs, tiling, and HVAC were top of the line.

I've attached some before and after pictures of the renovation. My project took about 1.5 years, but in the end it was very much worth it. I certainly think OGC can help with your project, just be prepared to be in for a fun ride :)

Debbie
Debbie
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Three bathrooms updated

What I liked best about my experience with OGC was the employees. Everyone I met was super nice and helpful. Nick was my first contact with OGC. He was very friendly and welcoming. He had an estimate ready for me right on time, one week after contacting him. Karly, who came to the site to photograph and measure, was very pleasant, and did a great job. Tanie was very helpful and responsive to my design needs and such a pleasure to work with. She found me special items that really added to the final great look of the bathrooms. Paolo, my project manager, was very considerate and always available for any questions or concerns I had, which was very reassuring to me. Dave, who completed most of the onsite work, other than the electrical and plumbing, did exceptional work. He was very polite and obliging, and enjoyable to have around for the length of the project. My bathrooms turned out excellent, just as I had envisioned them. I would not hesitate to recommend OGC.

Scott
Scott
1 review Ottawa, ON

Sealed foundation along the front of the house, Cold Storage Conversion and Cedar Deck

We are so impressed with the entire process of working with OGC. From beginning to end the communication first from Ken, then from Michael on down has been so fluid. The workmanship, professionalism and attention to detail has been a breath of fresh air. We love the care that each one of your contractors brought to this project. The cedar deck covering the sealed (with blueskin) and insulated concrete stairs and foundation along the front of the house is beautiful. The Cold Storage is now a possible reading room for our Grandchild! We are aware it was a bit of a small project for OGC to take on, but we wanted it done right. We will not hesitate for a second to hire, or refer your company to anybody that needs work done on their homes. We loved having your crews working on our house.
We have been in great hands.
Thank you so much!

Scott and Kathy

Thank you so much for this great review. You were such wonderful clients to work with, and we are so happy that you gave us the opportunity to renovate your home!

X in Nepean
X in Nepean

Materials selection - Deirdre

Undergoing a major renovation for the first time could easily become a daunting feat. Having Deirdre guide us through the design phase and quickly respond to questions big or small has been key. Even if struck by a random thought outside of working hours, Deirdre has provided options and guidance making the decision an easier call. Looking forward to seeing it all come together!

Thank you so much for your great review! Deirdre will be so happy to know that her effort is appreciated

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Materials Coordinator - Deirdre OGC

We would like to thank Deirdre for her hard work and detailed attention she has provided to date with our renovation embarkment. She responds to every email and query promptly, even after hours. We have had many questions and are new to the process so this is greatly aprreciated. She has guided us well along the way so far!

Liz in Nepean
Liz in Nepean

Main level Renovation

Deirdre of OGC has been very helpful with ideas, color and styles when picking out all materials for our big project. She has great practical and creative suggestions that helped me when picking out all that was needed. I've appreciated her guidance and help!

Thank you very much for the great review Liz, our material selection coordinators work really hard to make sure our clients are happy with the finishes. Deirdre will be very pleased to know that all of her help is appreciated

Mel Sauve in Nepean
Mel Sauve in Nepean

Dream Kitchen Renovation

As we are new to the Renovation process, we made very clear that we needed a guiding hand in the kitchen Renkvation process. The entire team is committed to making your experience run smoothly even when you hit some nasty bumps in the road of renovations. My dream kitchen is well underway thankfully to the design team and project manager who helped us a lot when it came time to fun choices or difficult choices. They are budget friend at take your recommendations seriously and move effectively. We are glad we are equipped with people who not only have design and management experience, but who have also worked their way up and know what it’s like to do the work themselves.
Well done to my team! I’m posting this prior to the Reno’s being done because I am the confident!

Lynn Joseph in Nepean
Lynn Joseph in Nepean

Basement reno

I am just starting this 4 room renovation including the installation of a bathroom. Deirdre has been very helpful in helping me select bathroom fixtures, tiles, paint colors, cabinetry work colors etc etc. She has listened to my thoughts, got quotes on the item and if flexible to revisit a situation . Although I had my upstairs bathroom renovated last year and I picked out everything myself, I so appreciated Deirdre's ability to assist me with material selection this time around. It taught me to keep an open mind and in fact her suggestions on some items were less expensive that I anticipated. . She has a great skill set, can see the fine color blends that I did not pick up on at all, and if very professional to work with. She is easy going to be with and a great communicator so this all lends itself to being at ease in sorting out such a huge project. She listens to what your needs are and ensures all of them are addressed in the project. I am so glad she is with Ottawa General contractors group!

More about Ottawa General Contractors

OGC - Ottawa General Contractors are leaders as Ottawa's design and build renovation experts. Specializing in home renovations, new and custom home construction as well as home design. With our project management and coordination, we're able to efficiently juggle more jobs, large and small, without dropping the ball.

Ottawa General Contractors are an accredited business with the Ottawa BBB and our CEO, Moe Abbas is a former member of the board of directors for the Better Business Bureau (BBB).. Our skills and expert service has allowed us to expand to other cities in Canada including Vancouver and Calgary in less than 8 years making us one of the fastest growing construction companies.

We offer warranty following the Tarion warranty guidelines for all our renovations and construction projects. We also have a design center and in house designers available to help you design and build your home. With over 50 years of experience, our team has the knowledge, the tools, the skill-set and the resources to give you the best value for your dollar at unbeatable service.

We at Ottawa General Contractors understand that you are looking for value with your renovation services. Trust our team to do it right the first time! Call us directly at (613) 225-9991!

Visit our website for all our credentials and more information.

Ottawa Construction & Ottawa renovation expert services:

Home Architects
Home Builders
Custom Home Builders
Custom House Builders

Ottawa General Contractors - leaders in home renovations. Have you worked with us? Leave a review!