Acker Home Inspection

Reviews for Acker Home Inspection

Stuart M in London
Stuart M in London
1 review Clarence Rockland, ON

Great home inspection and service.

Phil and Randy did a great job explaining current and future issues to watch for on the house we are purchasing. The inspection was through and informative, and by the time you leave the property you get a printed copy and a PDF copy of the inspection report with detailed faults and potential areas to look at in the future. The report has recommendations and explanations of current issues with pictures. Overall we were very happy with Acker Home Inspection and would highly recommend them.

Thank you Stuart. I appreciate your review.

Home inspection

This home inspection was provided in advance of my one-year Tarion report. The clear and complete explanations regarding the anomalies were most informative and helpful. Both technicians were very professional and efficient. I have already recommended the company.

Thank you for your review.

djflms
djflms

Review of Acker home Inspection

I am completely satisfied with Acker Home Inspection. They were thorough, competent and articulated clearly findings and recommendations. The report is well-structured and clear. I do not hesitate to recommend this company for home inspection.

Thank you very much for your review.

M in Ottawa
M in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Inspection yesterday

We had a conditional offer accepted on Saturday. We looked around and I've used two other inspectors in the past, but based on credentials and reviews we went with Acker. I called Sunday, heard back from him in a few hours, and we booked for Tuesday.

Phil and Randy did an exemplary job. We are very pleased with their approach to the home inspection: including their attention to detail. Both were extremely professional. They gave me the contract to ready beforehand, and to read again at the consultation. Phil also had binders to explain the inspection process (e.g. requirements in Ontario). They were dressed appropriately, extremely organized (they had indoor footwear, big flashlights, etc), and took their work seriously.

Due to logistics, we had to take our infant with us to the inspection. Phil and Randy are the kind of reputable and professional staff you are comfortable having in your home or around your family.

They gave me the option of walking around with them and I did find it extremely valuable. The explained the issues, the risks, and suggested options on when (how quickly) and how to repair the problems. He also went on the roof, which I know is not something every inspector will do.

The inspection closed with a printed inspection report. Bottom line, other inspection reports I've had were written in a way that was really confusing to contractors. This is not the case with Acker: clear (incl. picture), concise, risk-based explanations. I've shown the report to a contractor and he completely understands the repairs that are recommended in the inspection report.

I would definitely recommend Acker and we definitely hope to use him again if we ever purchase a new home.

On behalf of Randy & I, thank you "M" for this kind review. As always, we do our utmost to conduct a thorough inspection, provide a concise report of our observations, and educate as much as possible on how the various systems and components work.

mohamed alomar in Kanata
mohamed alomar in Kanata
1 review Ottawa, ON

home inspection in preparation for Tarion report

I called Phil from Acker Home inspection to have my home inspected prior to my 1 year end Tarion report. Phil and Randy arrived on time and gave me an orientation of their services and the inspection/survey they are to conduct. During the process, both Phil and Randy took the time and effort to explain to me their finding and more over they provided me with valuable information related to different equipment installed in my house such as heater, hot water tank, ventilation unit and the ideal condition to operate these units. at the end of the inspection they had 2 different reports with photos and notes ready for my use in my Inbox. They conducted the inspection with the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. I will strongly recommend their services to my next door neighbours who are going through the same process. Thanks Acker Home Inspection

Thank you Mohamed. I enjoyed inspecting your home, and helping you understand the function and operation of some of the installed components. I feel it is very important to help homeowners understand the importance of maintaining the quality of indoor air and to manage indoor humidity. I'm grateful for your referring us to your neighbours.

Nabil Jalil in Ottawa
Nabil Jalil in Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Inspection done twice

We contacted Phil Acker because of raving recommendations in our neighborhood and also the recommendations of friends that used Phil. We used Phil for our 30 day inspection and our 1 year inspection.

The inspection was thorough both times. We were blown away by how little we knew about our house! The inspection was thorough. The conversation friendly. Phil or Randy didn't mind me tagging along and asking questions, in fact I got the impression they enjoyed educating me as a homeowner. The report and follow-up process with Tarion was easy to understand.

Once the inspection was complete, and the builder came to fix the issues, two of the issues became contentious. One was securing a bath tub in place and the other regarding an unsupported door sill in our walkout basement. I contacted Phil's office by phone and Phil responded in a timely manner for both issues. I was able to get one resolved. The other, the builder didn't budge, so Phil requested contacting the manufacturer. Despite having already been paid for the work, Phil didn't hesitate to answer questions after the inspection and didn't hesitate following up with the manufacturer to make sure our issues were resolved.

I have nothing but great things to say about Phil and Randy. If you decide to choose them, I haven't come across anyone that's been disappointed with their services.

I view the home inspection as a great opportunity for educating home owners about their homes, the basic operation of key components, and preventative maintenance. This is particularly helpful for first-time home owners, so that they can understand how their house works. Thank you very much Nabil, for your review.

Mark in Ottawa
Mark in Ottawa

Excellent service

My wife and I purchased a new build in the Fernbank Crossing area one year ago, and after dealing numerous deficiencies since we moved in, we thought it would be a good idea to get a home inspector to help us with our 1-year tarion list. So glad we went with Acker! I can not recommend these guys enough, they were professional, friendly, efficient, and thorough. My wife and I were very impressed, and we learnt a lot in the process. They identified deficiencies we would never have noticed, and produced a detailed report with pictures on the spot that we will upload to the Tarion website. Thanks, Phil and Randy!

Thank you Mark. I'm very pleased that we provided a service that fully met your needs. I appreciate your sharing your experience on HomeStars.

Mark & Eimear
Mark & Eimear
1 review Vancouver, BC

Home Inspection

As first time home owners, Phil's patience in explaining each aspect of the inspection, guidance on what to look for and explanation of findings were all really appreciated. The speed of receiving the report was also very helpful.
We heard about the company through a friend of a friend. We would have no hesitation in recommending his services to others.

It was my pleasure to inspect your home, and it's gratifying to hear that we not only met your needs for proving our reports, we also helped in your understanding of your home. Thank you for your review!

G Mackay in Goulbourn
G Mackay in Goulbourn

First year Home inspection for Tarion Warranty

The service provided by Phil and Randy was excellent. It was informative and well worth the cost. They checked the major structural and electrical systems from roofing to basement floor. They were thoroughly professional.

Thank you very much for your review. Phil.

More about Acker Home Inspection

At Acker Home Inspection, we take pride in performing each inspection with professionalism, integrity, and quality. It is our goal to deliver to you an outstanding customer experience at each point of contact with our firm, including making it easy for you to understand our services, schedule an inspection appointment with us, and receiving a detailed, informative report on the condition of the property you retained us to inspect.
Our service area is Ottawa and surrounding communities, including Kanata, Barrhaven, Orleans, Stittsville, Manotick, Gloucester, Central Ottawa, Arnprior, Carleton Place, Kemptiville, Rockland, Almonte, Russell, and Embrum.