Acker Home Inspection

Reviews for Acker Home Inspection

Faith in Ottawa
Faith in Ottawa

End of Year Warranty Inspection

Phil and Randy came to inspect my new build for the end of year warranty. They were incredibly professional, kind and explained all of the deficiencies that they found and addressed any other concerns or questions that I had. I followed Phil through the inspection and he assured me that if I had any other questions to reach out to him afterwards. The report summary was sent right away. Everything was efficient and well done. Thank you.

Thank you, Faith.

Juan in Kitchener
Juan in Kitchener
0 reviews Kitchener, ON

New construction home inspection - 1 year

Phil was very professional and attentive from the first moment I contacted him over the phone. He has lots of credentials to do this type of work and I could see that as he did the inspection. He came with someone else to help which made the inspection go smoother.

I walked with him and he was very helpful in explaining to me all the systems and components of my new home. His inspection was very thorough and I feel confident that my come is in good condition and any deficiencies where properly documented in the detailed report he provided with good quality pictures.

Feeling out the Tarion 1-year report online will be very easy and just a matter of copy and paste the information. I could also have used the pre-filled tarion form that he provided for mailing it in if I wanted.

The cost of the inspection was very competitive considering the size of my home.

Highly recommend his home inspection services.

Thank you very much Juan. It was my pleasure meeting you, having you join me to learn about your home, and providing you with files to make your Tarion Year-End submission easier!

Geneviève in Ottawa
Geneviève in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Thorough and friendly

This is the second time in 16 years that I use Acker Home Inspection for a home inspection. I was as satisfied this second time as I was the first time. They are very knowledgeable and professional. They do an excellent job of explaining everything they finds. I highly recommend their services.

Thanks very much for your review, Genevieve. It's gratifying to have you as a returning customer.

Rachelle in Toronto
Rachelle in Toronto
1 review Russell, ON

New Home inspection

My husband and I have used Acker Home Inspection services twice. Both times were for the Inspection of our new build home. Phil and Randy are prompt, courteous, professional, and extremely knowledgeable. The report they generate is well organized and articulated. Completing Tarion warranty submissions are made easy with the report provided detailing any deficiencies that includes photos. We would highly recommend them!

Thank you, Rachelle. I am grateful for your review and recommendation.

Na in Toronto
Na in Toronto

Town Home inspection

We assigned Acker Home Inspections to represent us in the PDI as we were outside the country at PDI time. At the same time their expert undertook the inspection and prepared comprehensive file with all the pictures, decencies reports, Tarion Form for the Tarion 30 days. Their expert is very thorough in his inspection and was responsive to our questions even weeks after the inspection. Excellent customer service. We will definitely use their service for the 12month. We highly recommend Acker Home inspection for anyone who is looking for A knowledgeable experienced Expert in inspection who is reliable and offers high quality service.

Thank you very much for your review. I typically do not perform new home inspections at the PDI milestone. However, there is an exception for my attending the PDI, and that is when my clients' are unable to attend. In such cases, I serve as the new homeowners designate at the PDI meeting.

Randy in Markham
Randy in Markham

New Home Inspection

Phil and his assistant arrived on time, where thorough in the review of the property, took the time to walk me through the findings before leaving and provided a comprehensive report. They did a great service and found issues I would not have normally noticed. I would highly recommend them for a home inspection.

Thank you Randy!

Gary in London
Gary in London
1 review Ottawa, ON

This is the second time I hire Acker

I hired Acker in 2014 for my primary residence. They did a good job and I learned a lot from him. I hired him again for my investment property again this year and their quality of work does not decrease like our purchasing power today. Its worth every penny.

Thank you very much Gary! It's gratifying to know we provided quaility services to you.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

1 Year Home Inspection

As a first time homeowner owning a new construction home, I contacted Phil for the Tarion 1 year warranty inspection. Phil has great attention to detail, he was able to notice major hidden structural issues of the house that the homeowner would never find out with the naked eye. When doing the home inspection with Phil and his team, I didn't even have to show him the issues, he proactively did a thorough examination of the house to look for potential issues. Moreover, Phil is very knowledgeable about the building process and Tarion warranty coverage. In his report, Phil not only identifies the issues, but also mentions about the impact and the consequences. At the end of the inspection, Phil even mentions that I can contact him if later on, I have questions that I didn't ask during the inspection. I'm definitely going to refer Phil to my family members and friends!

Thank you for your review! You pointed out something that I believe is important for all of my customers. After the inspection, all clients are invited to contact me if there are any questions about the inspection and about any concerns that arise from living in their home. There is no time limitation for reaching out to me. I quite often answer questions and give advise to clients several years after I inspected their homes.

Robin Le Grow
Robin Le Grow
0 reviews , ON

1 yr Home inspection

Thank you for the great service, You showed up on time and addressed all concerns in a timely matter. A great report for the 1 yr Tarion Warranty. You located and addressed issues we did not know we had. This was well worth the professional report. Thank you.

Thank you very much, Robin. I treasure your comments.

Sinthia in Ottawa
Sinthia in Ottawa

30 day Home inspection - Retuning client, Excellent service

Phil and Randy did an excellent job completing the home inspection. They went out of their way not only helping me identity any deficiencies but also educating me about maintenance etc. They completed a home inspection for me few years ago and we were very happy with their service. They happily allowed me to follow them and explained everything he was checking/found. Same day after the inspection, they provided various files describing all the issues, including matching photos, and other additional Tarion documents. I highly recommend Acker Home inspection team to anyone in need of a service and will definitely reach out to him for any future inspection.

Thank you, Sinthia, for your review comments. It's gratifying to hear favourable comments from a satisfied client.

More about Acker Home Inspection

At Acker Home Inspection, we take pride in performing each inspection with professionalism, integrity, and quality. It is our goal to deliver to you an outstanding customer experience at each point of contact with our firm, including making it easy for you to understand our services, schedule an inspection appointment with us, and receiving a detailed, informative report on the condition of the property you retained us to inspect.
Our service area is Ottawa and surrounding communities, including Kanata, Barrhaven, Orleans, Stittsville, Manotick, Gloucester, Central Ottawa, Arnprior, Carleton Place, Kemptiville, Rockland, Almonte, Russell, and Embrum.