Buyer's Edge Home Inspection Services

Home Inspection
4909 Forego Avenue Southeast Calgary AB T2A 2C5
HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in Calgary  >  Buyer's Edge Home Inspection Services

Reviews for Buyer's Edge Home Inspection Services

Mike inspected a 1960's split level for us that had just undergone an extensive interior and exterior renovation. While he identified a number of deficiencies that were relatively minor, he also helped identify an original feature of the home's foundation design that made it prone to moisture and/or structural issues.

This issue was not obvious and was partially hidden by the renovations - I don't think every home inspector would have caught it. While the house was a 10/10 for us before the inspection, Mike's findings helped us make the very difficult decision to not purchase the home.

Mike spent 4 hours at the property and was patient and willing to answer all my dumb questions. While I spent almost $600 and didn't get a house, I learned a lot from the process and would not hesitate to call Mike for the next property.

I'm glad I was able to help. Good luck in your hunt for a great house.

ukirmani in Calgary

We bought a newly built house by Genesis. We hired Mike for inspection which surfaced various issues with the house which are currently being addressed by the builder. Not being very knowledgeable ourselves on the building codes etc. we relied heavily on the inspection report to make sure that our house is up to code and all repairs are done.

Nice to hear the builder responded positively.
Mike

Mike was extremely efficient, thorough and reliable! I would highly recommend him. He is very knowledgeable and has a wide breadth of experience which gives you confidence when wanting to buy a home.

Thank you for helping others with your review

dagarb in Calgary

We've had Mike do three home inspections, and if we ever move again (hopefully we don't) we will hire Mike again.

He is knowledgeable, independent, and patient. In every inspection, he pointed out potential issues that we're very glad to know about. We lived in the first house he inspected for us for 8 years. The things he said would be issues (roof, insulation and electrical come to mind), turned out to be issues. The stuff he wasn't worried about (a crack in the foundation!) turned out to be non-issues.

How do I know he's independent? Ask yourself if the inspector referred by your realtor would use the word "dilapidated" in their report, recommend major replacements "immediately", and identify a fire hazard ultimately caused by inadequate cleaning. They wouldn't, because the realtor referrals would dry up after a report like that kills the realtor's commission on a deal. I have seen that Mike will give you an honest opinion about the property's condition.

He's patient. He explains what he's doing and what he finds - good or bad. He even took extra time to answer some questions that were outside the scope of the inspection, but were important to our decision to buy or not.

And if that weren't enough, you get him as a free consultant after.

I highly recommend Buyer's Edge.

I am so pleased that you are so satisfied with my service. Thank you for your many compliments.

Lina in Calgary

Mike did a very good job on doing the house inspection! If I am buying a house I definitely will have Mike to help me again. He is a very trustworthy guy.

1 review Lethbridge, AB

Mike came to our home within a week of contacting him to do an inspection of our 1 year old new build. Our house had some issues within the year and we wanted to have a thorough look-over before our 1 year warranty came up. Mike saw deficiencies that we wouldn't be able to detect on our own and he explained everything as he went along. He checked everything thoroughly and documented everything in a detailed report by that evening after he was done. This is even after he drove 2 hours between our home and Calgary. We would highly recommend his services as he was very objective and professional! Thanks Mike!

jmills8888 in
1 review High River, AB

Very knowledgeable, friendly and thorough. Patiently listened to our questions. Gave honest assessment and helped us reach a wise decision on a potential purchase. Independence was important for us. Mike was very professional and clearly explained the scope of his work and what he could and could not do. Will hire him again in the future and recommend him highly.

Very detailed report with reference to building code violations. The inspection was very thorough, highly recommended if you replace your windows. Call him to inspect before you pay the invoice.

Kurtis Staples-King from Ogden
5 reviews Airdrie, AB

Mike was recommended to me by a friend who had done a new build inspection with him.

To begin the report you will receive is fantastic. It's complete with pictures and direct links to the standard it's derived from. Whether it's manufacturer, building code or CSA.

The report is readable. As somebody without mechanical aptitude or any understanding of how to build a house I was able to read and understand each part.

I wasn't home for the inspection but my wife was and she was thorough impressed. She said Mike was the nicest guy and made every accommodation to ensure our new born and her were not disturbed during the inspection.

All in all this was an extremely professional and friendly interaction and we were able to catch some critical stuff that will be able to save us money in the long run and keep us safe.

I'd recommend Mike in a heartbeat.

Adam in Calgary

I highly recommend Buyer's Edge Home Inspection for all pre-purchase home inspections.

Buyer's Edge Home Inspection provided a sober, clear and concise picture of the current condition of the home. The attention to detail was exceptional and we were provided with good knowledge of what kinds of issues to be on the lookout for within the next 5-10 years. The report provided to us included all comments and pictures from the inspection as well as background information and potential issues regarding materials, construction etc.

More about Buyer's Edge Home Inspection Services

Buyer's Edge Home Inspection is the only Independent Home Inspector in Alberta, we do not market to Realtors, so there is no potential for conflict of interest. Mike has 20 years experience as a professional Home Inspector and extensive building and renovating experience. Mike is constantly working to improve his ...