Ashlar Landscapes

amoeller in Oakville, Ontario Canada L6H1S3
amoeller in Oakville, Ontario Canada L6H1S3
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Interlocking Driveway

We hired Ashlar Landscapes to do an interlocking driveway. Daimon and his team were friendly, professional, on time and dedicated to getting the job done. We are looking forward to phase 2 next Spring to do more work on our patios and walkways! Highly recommended.

Jim
Jim
1 review Burlington, ON

Backyard stone walkway, new front steps, retaining wall

I hired Ashlar to do two things: 1) a new walkway at the side of my house and around an existing concrete slab in my backyard, replacing old patio stones and 2) new front steps. When he came to give the estimate Daimon talked me out of replacing a retaining wall made of railway ties adjacent to the steps, saying that he could replace the top layer of wood which was rotted, and that otherwise it looked to be in good shape. Once they started the job though, the railway ties lower down were rotted too, so we had to add the retaining wall to the job. Daimon was so apologetic and was worried that I would think he was upselling me - of course I knew he wasn't because he had talked me out of doing the retaining wall when he gave the estimate. Anyway, he priced the extra work very fairly and Jamie and crew did an outstanding job. He started the job on the expected date, but with the additional work it took a little longer than planned. Our experience with Ashlar was excellent, we will get them back to do the retaining wall on the other side of the driveway soon.

alain in Mississauga
alain in Mississauga

landscaping

We hired Ashlar Landscapes to do some landscaping on our front and backyards. We had hired them twice, once to do a walkway and steps at the front of the house and a second time to do a walkway and the patio in the backyard. Obviously we were happy with the work they had done since we hired them a third time to do a river rock bed under a big tree at the front of the house and walls for the flower beds in the backyard.

We are, again, very happy with what they did. The front yard looks great but the backyard looks even much better than we thought it would look. Daimon and his team, Matt and Parker, came up with great ideas and worked perfectly to implement them in the time and at the price quoted.

We definitely recommend this landscaping company.

Lesley in Oakville
Lesley in Oakville

interlock and landcaping

Our experience with Ashlar was amazing! Damion and his crew (Matt and Parker) did a fantastic job on our walkway, driveway borders and front/Back landscaping. The work they did was meticulous, thoughtful and detailed. They were very easy to talk to, and went out of their way to make sure we were happy throughout the entire project. We are so thankful we chose Ashlar to improve the curb appeal of our house. We couldn't be more pleased and are thrilled with the results!

Dan P in Burlington
Dan P in Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Front Porch and walkway

Jamie and Danniel were awesome. The work got done on time and on budget. They alked us through the job and made everything work the way we wanted it. I would highly recommend Ashlar. Damion was professional and detailed with his quote.

Oakville man
Oakville man

Landscaping of front, side and back yard areas

We selected Ashlar out of 5 quotes because Daimon’s professionalism, responsiveness and straightforward nature were evident from the beginning.

He listened attentively to our needs, made useful suggestions and delivered a detailed quote on time with a breakdown of the the job into its component parts. The breakdown allowed us to decide which portions to prioritize and/or change to fit into our budget. He also provided a start date range and was, in fact, able to accommodate us earlier.

Daimon and his team did a fantastic job for us with results that exceeded our expectations. They were very respectful of our property, accommodated changes we made and suggested enhancements that made the results better without increasing our cost.

The best part, Daimon has responsive and has returned to review and touch up where needed.

We are absolutely delighted with Ashlar Landscapes and enthusiastically recommend them to anyone who needs an excellent professional for their landscaping jobs.

Thank you Daimon, Matt and Parker. You guys are the best!

Claire in Oakville
Claire in Oakville

Front walkway and landscaping

Ashlar Landscaping has been very professional. Excellent attention to detail for entire project (from quote, to design, to workmanship, to finish). Communication from everyone involved has been first class - explaining what is being done, working through ideas, listening and answering questions. Always polite and taking the time to discuss the project. Time management and organization was very good.
I am really pleased with the walkway and landscaping of my front yard. It is fantastic. I would highly recommend Ashlar Landscaping. A very reliable and professional landscaping company. A+

Mark in Burlington
Mark in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Backyard remodel - regrading, shaping & sod

I selected Ashlar and some other local landscape companies based on Homestars reviews and contacted them for quotes. Daimon responded quickly to my request and came by soon after to review the scope of the project. I was immediately impressed with his easy-going, no-BS approach. The quote he provided was delivered on-time and was around the middle of the pack vs. the others with regards to price. His quote detailed each individual part of the job which made it easy to adjust and remove items based on my budget. He was also very accommodating with revisions/adjustments, often suggesting alternatives I hadn't considered. It quickly became apparent that he has a lot of landscaping experience but also knew how to explain everything in layman's terms. I opted to work with him based on all of this and, once the agreement was made, he provided a date range when he could start work and arrived within that range to begin the project.

The team who completed the work was small - just two people (Jamie and Danielle). In spite of that I was very impressed with how quickly they completed everything; to say they were hard workers would be an understatement. Perhaps even more notable than their work ethic was how respectful, approachable and generally affable they were. My grass, driveway and pathways were protected and, aside from some dust, were left as they found them despite continuous traffic from heavy equipment, river rock, aggregate and almost 20 yards of soil. They respected quiet hours in the morning even though they were on-site before 8am, kept music at a good volume and were generally polite. I received no complaints from my neighbours throughout the project duration. One over-and-above was that they actually replaced some of the mulch in my neighbour's garden which bordered the walkway and was disturbed during the job - no one asked them to do that, they just thought it was the right thing to do.

The finished product was exactly what I had asked for and looked better than I had imagined. They checked in with me a couple of times to address and correct the few unexpected challenges that came up (e.g. a tree root that required an extension to a mulch bed), so I felt connected to the job the whole way through but didn't feel like I had to keep a close eye on them. I would not hesitate to work with Ashlar again and will recommend them to family and friends in the area without hesitation.

jbood's
jbood's
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Various landscaping jobs

Daimon and his team were great, professional and went out of their way to make sure everything I needed was right. Great work, fair price and I will be using again.

DeniseK in Mississauga
DeniseK in Mississauga

front walkway & courtyard

This review is based on the work we had done in Spring 2019 - Daimon and his team were extremely professional and made some suggestions on the design that ultimately looked great and saved us money! We are so delighted with the end product as it added significant curb appeal to our house! We would highly recommend Ashlar Landscapes for their quality work and reasonable prices.

More about Ashlar Landscapes

Ashlar Landscapes
Oakville Landscaping, Burlington Landscaping, Mississauga Landscaping, Ancaster Landscaping, Landscape Design, Backyard Design, Landscaping, Landscape Contractors and Designers, Landscaping Companies, Interlocking Stone, Snow Removal

Specializing in residential, commercial, and industrial landscape services. Ashlar Landscapes offers landscape design & construction installation services such as: Patios, Walkways, Driveways, Sodding/Seeding, Garden Bed Design; Planting/Trees/Shrubs, Retaining Walls, Interlocking Stone & Natural Stone. We are proudly associated with the Authorized Unilock Contractor program, ensuring your installations are done with quality products, and guaranteed workmanship. Beautiful Landscapes Start with Ashlar Landscapes. Professional Results, Endless Possibilities.