HomeStars  >  Shutters & Blinds in Richmond Hill  >  Blinds Direct Canada - No Longer In Business

Reviews for Blinds Direct Canada - No Longer In Business

ritchie miyashita in Toronto
ritchie miyashita in Toronto

blinds

SLOW still waiting for my blinds. It has been 7 mounds , no blinds jacab did not say i need a deposit, so i had another 2/12 months to wait i gave jacab $700 deposit and I am still waiting ,over 7 months now. Poor service No call back and they gave me excuses.

M. Khan from Toronto
M. Khan from Toronto

Motorized Blinds

Abysmal - I cannot highlight how frustrating the process to get blinds from Blinds Direct Canada was. Throughout the process, there were delays, missing blinds, missing valances, poor installation, lack of responses to communication both by phone or email and complete and utter lack of professionalism.

In the end, the job was done, but 6 months after the original order was placed and with constant nagging issues. The initial consultation is fantastic. The payment collection is even better. Everything in between is a pain.

Spending $8,000+, I expeted much better.

Ravali from Toronto
Ravali from Toronto

Blinds installation & repair

Had blinds installed in Aug 2013, original install wasn't done right, Jacob came personally and addressed it. Recently, had another repair for 1 set of blinds, contacted Jacob and within a few days, an appointment was scheduled. Repair service was prompt (within a week). Staff person that came to do the repair was very friendly. Very happy with the company. Was a bit skeptical based on another recent review, but everything worked out well.

Courtney from Thornhill
Courtney from Thornhill

Blind Installation, Awful customer service for free

Blinds Direct Canada - No Longer In Business
19 Madoc Dr
Toronto
M6B 2R8

Edit: as of right now Blinds Direct has promised to replace the blinds free of charge, other than the advanced remote I need. I very much appreciate their willingness to come to a compromise with me.

Describe experience. How about I wish I could give this place zero stars. It is not a real business, I am fairly certain there is one person who owns/installs/consults. Getting the consultation seemed nice and seamless. The product was installed within the time frame in the fall of 2013 as promised. Then it goes bad. A few months after it was installed the blinds started to go up crooked, and were getting chewed up on the side. The programming on the motorized blinds started to not work, and now I can't get the blinds up at all, they get stuck. I email in February 2014 asking for engineers - yes no problem we can do that, the blinds are under warranty. Ok sounds fantastic. No one calls me or leaves a voicemail to schedule a visit. I follow up, can we do this over email? No answer. I follow up again in July, Hi can we revisit? No response. I have now emailed over the past year literally 20+ times. I have left dozens of voicemails for both Jacob and the answering machine at the main line. I feel like I am stalking Jacob the consultant. My mom has called because i was certain my number was black listed, and now they are not getting back to her. I can NOT for the life of me get someone to a) call me b) text me c) email me. Is carrier pigeon the next step? It might be. I am considering taking this to small claims court as I paid 7,000 dollars on blinds that do not work and the most TERRIBLE customer service i have ever dealt with in my life. I will edit this if anything changes, but at this point please take my advice and avoid this place at all costs.

Christine from North York
Christine from North York

Custom curtains

They came to the condo during severe weather and walked up the stairs as the power was out. They understood what I was interested in and showed the perfect option with limited feedback. The work was professional, timely and 9 month later I am still extremely happy with the quality and choices.

Susan Bergman from Toronto
Susan Bergman from Toronto

Drapery for Master Bedroom

Jacob came by for my master bedroom windows. I had my heart set on a fabric that I had seen on a design blog. He said he would do his best and while he didn't get the exact fabric it was so close it really had the same feel. When they were installed he made me a few pillows to help tie the room together.

Hi Susan

Thank you for the glowing review. I really appreciate it please do not hesitate to contact us again for any additional work.

Respectfully

Blinds Direct Canada - No Longer In Business
19 Madoc Dr
Toronto
M6B 2R8

I used this company to supply the shutters for my home. They promised a pre holidays delivery and delivered pre holiday.

The pricing was very fair and clear. The decorator that came agreed to come out on a Sunday to accomodate our busy work schedule and even came back during the installation to make sure it went smoothly.

Hi Charlie we strive to be all 10s! If there is any way that we can improve our score please let me know. Respectfully Jacob