Solo Construction Ltd.

Concrete Contractors
Toronto ON M3M 2N1
HomeStars  >  Concrete Contractors in Toronto  >  Solo Construction Ltd.

Reviews for Solo Construction Ltd.

Tame in Toronto
Tame in Toronto
1 review , ON

Basement Walkout

Nick and his crew were great to work with. Nick is very friendly and easy going to talk with. They were reliable, on budget, on schedule and showed up everyday. They were dedicated to our project so the work was done in 4 weeks. We had a very challenging project that not too many contractors would have taken on. Nick was not afraid of this challenge. The access to the project area was not easy but they managed to get in there and complete the basement walkout right on schedule. I posted a few pictures so you can all get a good idea of the access he had and the completed project. There is still more work to be done (by other contractors) like the concrete finish, the rail around the top and the sliding glass door from the basement to the walkout. As you can see from the pictures, this has not been done yet. This will be done in the spring as we are now heading into winter. We are very happy with the job. I highly recommend Nick and his crew! He is knowledgeable, hard working and has the experience for the hardest and most complicated projects. Thanks Nick!

Frank at Triple Waste
Frank at Triple Waste

Concrete foundations

Nick and his team built 2 concrete foundations for our scale systems in our Waste transfer station. He was on time, built everything exactly to spec and dealt with everything from the excavation to the clean up. I would recommend this company to all my family and friends and will be using him again in the future.

Matthew from Toronto
Matthew from Toronto

Concrete work

Nick came with his employee junior what a great guy I could talk to him for hours. They demolished some stairs for me. These guys were fast efficient and on time. Highly recommend this company if I could give 11 stars I would!!

Frances
Frances

Retaining wall with fence, concrete patio, sideway, porch, stairs & widen driveway

Nick helps me to do the Retaining walls with fence at back yard, concrete patio, sideway, porch with stairs, widen driveway with curb and walls at front yard in 2016 Summer. Nick and his team did a great job. He gave me detail explanation and provide professional advises of each of the jobs. They are very helpful and efficient. I highly recommend Nick & his team.

Marcel in Toronto
Marcel in Toronto

Retaining Wall

Nick and his workers did a great job repairing our cracked retaining basement wall. He demolished the old one and redo the new one within 2 weeks time. He was very responsive and very patient in answering all of my questions.

When he came by to inspect the damaged retaining wall, he was very thorough in explaining what will be done and how it will be done. No pressure at all throughout the process.

Ralph P in Toronto
Ralph P in Toronto

Reomoval of Interlock and New Concrete Driveway and Stairs

We needed to get some stone stairs removed as well as an interlock stone driveway. Did some research and Nick came very highly recommended. He came to meet with me and reviewed the work we needed done that included removing approximately 600 square feet of interlock in our driveway and removing several stone steps and build concrete steps to prepare for pattern concrete (Decocrete actually) installation. He built new stone steps and laid a new concrete pad in our driveway to prepare for the Decocrete.

Could not have asked for a more professional and diligent experience. Nick knew his business to say the least and ensured he explained all options in detail to us to ensure our satisfaction and the most cost efficient options for our needs .

Once we agreed on what was going to be done, we agreed on a date. He showed up on time, did the work as described, cleaned up after himself everyday and did a few little extra things that were not included because he is someone that cares more about his work and reputation that a few dollars and sense . HE completed the work on time and perfectly

He has since checked in with several times and actually dropped by to ensure the concrete cured properly and there are no cracks which there are not any

Rest assured , if you call Nick for any concrete work, you too will praise his work and you will get exactly what you wanted done and budget

Thank you Nick for looking after us and doing a wonderful job. Best Wishes for Continued Success

Nikki in Toronto
Nikki in Toronto

Retaining wall

I had been shopping around for quite some time for quotes and all other companies were just way over priced I'm talking the healthy down payment kind!!! It was a 30 ft. Wall! My stress level was through the roof but upon meeting and talking to Nick I was sure he was the right one for the job. He was very knowledgeable and even showed me pictures of a wall he was currently working on. The price was right and wouldn't take my entire savings! Nick and his crew got the job done and what a great job they did! Not to mention in a timely fashion as well. After all the headache I endured trying to get this wall built I'm really happy I went with Solo Construction and I look forward to hiring Nick again in the near future!

Peter in Toronto
Peter in Toronto

RETAINING WALL, FOUNDATION REPAIR, DRIVEWAY

I had to rebuild a large and long old retaining wall that was falling apart on my property. After obtaining some absurdly high quotes from some of the top reviewed concrete/foundation workers on homestars and interviewing a few other contractors who although had lower prices I didn't have confidence, I came across Nick's company doing some internet research. I have done multiple renovations on a few properties and I can say with utmost confidence Nick is the best contractor in his field and work is outstanding. When first meeting him I felt totally confident in his abilities in working with concrete. He is extremely knowledgeable, I was immediately impressed on how he would be building my retaining wall and put my mind at rest that his finished product would last a lifetime. As he was working on the wall he kept me informed on the deficiencies of the old wall, and his solutions on ensuring how the new wall will be sound. As he was building my wall I realized he also fixes leaky basement foundations - An ongoing 7 year problem that was not fixed after dropping a huge sum of money to previous foundation repair specialist that didn't honour his warranty; Nick quickly was able to diagnose why the initial waterproofing didn't work and fixed my leaky basement - it has been bone-dry since. Lastly, I had him replace my crumbling asphalt driveway with a concrete one that will last decades.
His final product of retaining wall/driveway/leaky basement looks amazing. He is pleasant, extremely knowledgeable, his time frame in completing work excellent, his work is thorough and his workmanship outstanding. He will easily provide you with options and opinions/pricing on each option, and he will listen and respond to any ongoing requests and questions you may have. I already have some further projects arranged with him in the near future.
Having lots of experience with previous contractors, he is highly recommended - I would rate him an '11' if it were possible on this website.
A big thanks to such an excellent job for Nick and his crew

Peter

l_bc in Toronto
l_bc in Toronto

Demolish & Rebuild Veranda

I called a few companies for quotes and felt that either their prices were too high or that they wanted to cut corners. I was stressed. I thought I'd never find a good contractor. Upon meeting with Nick I knew he was different. He was knowledgeable but was willing to listen to my ideas. His time management is excellent. He started and finished the project when he said he would. I am very happy with my decision of hiring Solo Construction. Not only do I recommend Solo Construction but I will definitely hire them again for future renovations.

Basement Walkout and walkway

After shopping and getting quotes from 4 companies, Nick at Solo was the most professional, knowledgable, cooperative, attentive and willing to work with me as part of a larger reno for my rental house. His work was for a new walkout basement concrete stair - but he first demolished by existing poorly-built concrete stair and rotated it 90 degrees to allow better access and improve drainage. I needed him to work quickly and he was done in 3.5 days, including the demolition and entirely new stair. He also helped me find both a reasonable and responsive Stucco guy and Railings guy (separately) so we could finish the job.

Really appreciate the work and flexibility Nick, and great customer service, which is hard to find. I will certainly recommend you to others and call you again for any other concrete needs.

More about Solo Construction Ltd.

At Solo Construction we are dedicated to providing you with exceptional high quality standard workmanship, which will exceed your expectations. Solo Constructions diverse line of Concrete & Interlocking construction services incorporates various applications and methods with great knowledge of experience. Each Solo Construction project is custom tailored to meet the desired feel of your property.

SERVICES:
Patio, Steps, Curbs, Parging, Walkouts, Walkways, Driveways, Retaining Wall & General Renovations.

Construction projects are important to us. We welome the opportunity to earn your business & trust. Our estimate services are free of charge.

Contact Nick Mirabelli: