For the record, I have never left a bad online review for anyone...until now.
Deva, the gentleman who came to the house to quote the job was great. On time, professional, fair pricing and concise.
- start time on the quote was 9am. They emailed to say it would then be 10am. They were loading the truck at 10:30am. For a 11 hr move with 2 young kids a 9am start time like on the quote would of been appreciated.
- quoted us 11 hours and 4 movers for the job. The price was capped at $1810.00 but if the job was done quicker than the price would be adjusted accordingly(as per Deva). My wife and I moved 20 truck loads over before our moving day thinking this would save some time and money - boy were we wrong. The movers finished up right at the 11 hours and were moving at a snails pace for the day. We even had friends over who commented on the speed of our movers saying it was a joke.
- left before assembling the couch in the basement. They said my wife told them we had it from here, which was not the case.
- scratched and dented our new bullnosing on our stairs we had done 4 days prior.
- didn't completely move everything from our old house. There were random things in many rooms in addition to 1.5 closets of clothes. This took me 2 trips and 3 hours of moving to complete. The quote included 7 wardrobe boxes but they said they packed the truck already and couldn't get them.
- suggested I move my large TV and speaker in my own truck in case they broke it - now that's just funny.
Our master bed fell apart on our first night, the support beams broke. Mapleleaf Movers assembled our bed and wouldn't accept responsibility for our bed stating it was IKEA furniture - which it was not nor is it low quality. Dave(Sales Manager) had a lot of attitude and played the blame game when I called to ask him to fix it. He later called back and apologized as I caught him at a bad time. He said he would come by on the next Monday to fix the bed. After 5 texts and one week after our bed broke he still hadn't shown up. I fixed the bed myself but it took me 2 hours and $50.
There were more smaller things that were missed but I am tired of typing. All in all, we are very disappointed with Maple Leaf Movers and would not suggest anyone in their right mind use them. There is too much competition in this space - please save your money and your furniture. I'm not sure how these guys are still in business but I'm sure karma will catch up with them.