Straight Up Masonry

Reviews for Straight Up Masonry

daveconium
daveconium

Chimney Re-build, Tuck-pointing, window ledge re-pair & replacement

Tony and his crew were great to work with. They gave us a quote in 2016, we ended up not doing the work, but we contacted them in the spring of 2017 and he honored the quote he gave me the year before. Not many companies would have done that. The work was done quickly and the workmanship was outstanding. They left the job cleaner than when they found it. great job overall.

Thanks Dave for the review.
Not much changed with the original scope of work, so we saw no reason to increase the cost. Couldn't ask for better clients.

jack
jack

Patio door opening (lintle installation)

8 foot wide opening of cinderblock and brick wall for a sliding patio door. Filled in previous door opening with brick.

Thanks for the review Jack.
Happy to help
Tony

Frasier
Frasier

Replacement of concrete pad

The concrete pad in front of the main entrance to the house had become unlevel over the course of years, and was sloped toward the house. It needed to be replaced. Straight Up Masonry had done excellent work on a chimney rebuild, so I hired them for this work. They came at the agreed time, removed the old pad (8' x 5'), and poured a new one, which is level and looks great !

Thanks Fraser.
Glad you pleased with the results.
Tony

Chris from Toronto
Chris from Toronto

Indoor masonry work

Tony came and gave us an estimate to pour a new bench footing, and close up an old window as a part of our basement renovation.
He was able to start work a couple days later, his guys were on time and got the work done quickly. The results look good and Tony was very prompt about responding to emails and calls. He even coordinated with our framer to make sure the footing was to the necessary specifications for the walls.
Overall, we are very pleased with the work done.

Thanks Chris,
Kevin Steve and George done a great job.
Happy to help and keep your basement renovation moving along.
Tony and Crystal.

Replacing Fire Bricks in a old chimney.

The fire bricks were loose and needed replacing. The demolition of the interior bricks was quick and the problem was quickly figured out. The base of the fireplace was just rubble, which accounted for the loose bricks and why it would smell slightly smoky in the basement.
A ceme;t floor had to be poured delaying the project.
They did the job properly and neatly. Showed up when they said and delivered.

Thanks for the review, glad we got it done just in time for you to enjoy it.
Tony and Crystal

SteveG
SteveG

Brick re-touching

I was very pleased at the work done by Straight Up Masonry. The estimate was thorough and professional. The workers arrived many weeks later, on time. They worked hard, finishing up within a day and a half. Did excellent work, cleaned up after themselves. I'm very pleased, and would highly recommend their service.

Thanks for the review Steve, you have a beautiful home and we are glad we could do our part to help maintain it.

Jor from East York
Jor from East York

Front Porch Pillars

This was our second time hiring Straight Up and it won't be our last. Tony, Crystal, and their guys are all excellent. We're very happy with the high quality of work, fair price, and level of service!

Thank you, Jordan.
We appreciate you trusting your home to us.
Can't wait to see phase 2 of this project completed :)

All the best,
Crystal, Tony and the Straight Up Masonry Team

John in Elk Grove Village
John in Elk Grove Village

Chimney rebuild and tuck-pointing

Hired Straight up Masonry for my Chimney rebuild and some tuck-pointing done as well. The estimate was on par with other companies but what set them apart was how easy it was to communicate with them ( Tony and Crystal )before and during the process. They did it all in about 7 days and were extremely professional and friendly. The Chimney came out great. During the tear down a little damage was done on a inside wall, called Tony immediately came out and offered to fix the wall. This is what i like a problem came up and took ownership no excuses this is what you want in people you hire. Also during the build we had a lot of rain Tony came over on a off day to check all tarps to ensure everything was covered up properly. Mitch and Declan did an outstanding job showed up every day on time and did a meticulous job cleaning up. Highly recommend this company would not hesitate to call for any future projects.

Thanks John,
This was a great job to work on, thank you for being organized and prepared.
When issues arise and they do occasionally, we do not run from then but work with the client to fix the problem.
I will have this job on my web site.

Tom from Toronto
Tom from Toronto

Garage Foundation repair

I hired Straight Up to replace some spalding brick along the bottom of my garage. I made my decision based on their excellent reviews on Home Stars and I must say that I was not disappointed.

Due to the fact that they could only do the project in stages, to ensure the wall above did not collapse, the job took four days to complete. Each day the site was left clean and tidy. I am very satisfied with the work that was done and will use them again if I ever need a mason.

Thanks Tom,
Glad we where able to take care of this for you. We have worked hard for those reviews and are happy to add this one to the list.

Marc
Marc

Tuck Pointing and brick replacement

Tony and his team at Straight Up Masonry came highly recommended to me by a friend and for good reason, the team showed up on time and completed the job quickly and with amazing results! They left my place clean and completed all the areas we discussed originally. I've been dissappointed by so many trades in the past but not Straight up Masonry.

Thanks Marc,
Glad we did not disappoint you, happy to be of service and look forward to seeing you again.

More about Straight Up Masonry

Straight Up Masonry Ltd. are the Masonry Specialists for all types of brick and block work. Chimney repairs and rebuilds. Window sills, house pillars, door and window repositioning. Additions, Foundations, Tuckpointing. Fireplace and firebrick installation and repair. New and Restoration brickwork. Free Estimates call (416) 884-5666.

Masonry & Bricklaying, Chimney Build & Repair, Tuck Pointing, and Historical Restoration
Chimney Rebuild Specialist, Chimney repair, Brick replacement Specialist, Block work, Additions, Brickwork repair, Parging, Cultured stone, Natural stone, Caulking services, Foundation repair, Door and window repositioning, Window sills replacement, Tuckpointing and spotpointing, Brick arches, Basement floors, House pillars, Porch pillars, Driveway pillars. Window and door fill ins. Milk box fill ins, Chimney removal, Refacing of homes.
Chimneys Brick Replacement Tuckpointing/Spotpointing Porch Pillars Door and Window Repositioning
2010
Cheques, Cash
Chimney repairman licence T85-4177256 W.H.M.I.S (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
Construction Industry Training Board/City and Guilds NVQ level 1,2,3 in Bricklaying and Masonry wor