Appliance Healer

Reviews for Appliance Healer

Frances in Toronto
Frances in Toronto

Many appliances fixed!

I have known Sam and Kristina for at least four or maybe more years. They are expert appliance technicians.. Samson has never had a problem diagnosing and then fixing the problem whether it was the fridge, the washer or more recently the dishwasher. Aside from their expertize, they are lovely people, warm, friendly and caring about their customers. They come as quickly as they can and in the event they are late, they will call to advise. Their prices are very reasonable and they stand behind their work. I think Sam and Kristina who helps him on site but also does their billing and bookkeeping, are the best appliance technicians I've ever experienced and I strongly recommend them.

FH

Washing Machine Repair

Had a pleasant repair experience with Sam in the past, so hired him again for a washing machine that wasn't draining properly. Sam and Tinna came on schedule, for which they get they get that one star. Were in and out in 15 minutes, took pictures and sent to me at work stating that the machine was beyond repair as it is too old(the equipment is around 8-9 years old). Followed up with a call to explain that the drain pump was an issue and wasn't worth repairing. Reminded me several times during the call to pay them for the diagnostics fee, as we agreed upon an e-transfer.
I wasn't convinced with the assessment and decided to get a second opinion the following day. Early in the morning of next day received another message stating that they'd like to get paid for diagnostics. It turns out that the drain pump was indeed an issue but it just needed to be cleaned out. Despite it all I did send an e-transfer and advised Sam that I was disappointed with his service of mis-diagnostics, as I felt that given the age of the equipment he didn't want to be bothered with the repair. Immediately received an offensive response, deflecting from the issue, while accusing me of being a bad customer.
Will not use this company again. I will give Sam and Tinna the benefit of doubt and will label this an unfortunate incident for me....but customer beware if you have older appliances.

I'll get right to the point. The washer had a 1" hole in the door seal (upper area) along with lots of black mold in the lower area, one of the control buttons was permanently pushed in crooked and broken, when I took off the lower panel and looked in I seen water damage inside the machine (rust). The drain pump was the old style that is very difficult to remove and was not working (something stuck inside perhaps). To repair a washer like this it needed parts, new door seal, new drain pump, new control panel button in the least maybe control board also. I seen this to be an expensive repair and took some photos to show her how bad it was for the tenants. Advise her to replace the washer to save on time and money in the long run as it's 8-9yrs old washer and heavily used. She was very "Complicated" on the phone when we told her our honest opinion. This is why we were checking to see if she was going to pay us or not? Turns out she went behind our back and got some "other" repair company to "make it work" then aggressively text us the next day and put a misleading review about us on HomeStars. Not expected behavior. We did our job correctly and diagnosis remains the same as followed: The washer is a WATER LEAK HAZARD AND ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD, you might not see it because it's on the inside of the unit this is why we have told you not to fix it and to replace it. We cannot work for someone that don't trust us or listen to our advice and treat us like we are the "10min money grabber big companies"... We are NOT. It's only the two of us my Wife and I running this business for the past 9 years keeping it small so it don't become corrupt like some of the big time businesses. If we can't do the job or refuse it there is a good reason why. Think it over. We have the right to refuse working for you and we choose this for the best on both sides. No hard feelings, have a better day.

Washing machine repair

Washine machine rinse and spin cycle weren't working, water was not draining. Spoke with Tinna by phone to arrange a time and she was very helpful, letting me know the process and possible issues after she heard what was wrong. Sam and Tinna showed up on time and tried some things that wouldn't require buying new parts first. Found there was a small sock blocking the internal drain and removed it. In and out in about 40 minutes. Excellent work, very friendly. Used their $10 off coupon from their website. I will call them again for any appliance repair and will recommend to others.

NewHere in Mississauga
NewHere in Mississauga

A+, Fantastic Job: Expert and speedy repair and installation job

I've had two interactions with Sam & Tinna ("Appliance Healer(s)") and they did a fantastic job both times; I want to truly thank them both. First was a difficult installation of a washing machine and dryer - which was done quite expertly - 9 months, no issues thus far. Second was repair of a dishwasher. The issue was diagnosed and fixed quickly and expertly - the rates were reasonable both times.

Finding trustworthy repair contractors with great attitude is not easy, I am glad that I was able to find them. I highly recommend their services to anyone.

Walter L. in Eglinton/Spadina Rd area
Walter L. in Eglinton/Spadina Rd area

Miele Dishwasher Not Draining Properly

Sam, the co-owner with his wife of the company, showed up promptly for the appointment and called beforehand with the exact time of his arrival. My Miele dishwasher was not draining properly after a wash leaving a standing pool of water at the bottom. Sam was very careful and professional n diagnosing the problem and it did not take him long to determine that the problem was a small piece of broken glass that was blocking the drain hole. I would highly recommend Sam for future jobs.

Mike in Toronto
Mike in Toronto

ge washer and dryer repaired

I had Samson and Tinna come over to our house after I got home from work so this means I didn't have to take time off which was great. They fixed my broken ge washer and dryer that were both giving problems. These guys are a great team, they gave us good advice and the cost was well below what we had expected.

Thanks guys keep up the good work, I will call you again next time something breaks.

Mike

jocelyn burkhart from Vaughan
jocelyn burkhart from Vaughan

dish washer

I had a broken heater in my dishwasher that we paid a lot for five years ago. everyone told me to buy a new including the couple from healer appliance. I was quoted 420 from another company and this company quoted me 220. this couple fixed came after work and did a wonderful job ( an d helped me clean it too, that's a gross hard job on a old dishwasher ) I was soo impressed with the work and it works just fine. I should get another two three years out of it now ! Jocelyn and Sam Lastella , we recommend for anyone reading this couple

Dianne  from Toronto
Dianne from Toronto

Appliance Healer

Samson provided excellent service. Kept in touch via text, therefore I was not wonder when he would arrive. Went out of his way to help clean vents as well as fix the problem with my washing machine. In addition he is going to help me with a few other minor repairs. I highly recommend Samson and he also travels with his wife Tinna.

norman from Toronto
norman from Toronto

Broken washer assessment

Easy to schedule. Nice folks. I had a hunch my washer was broken, but wanted to be sure. Sam explained to me everything, reasons why, what a repair would cost, etc. Fair price for an assessment I could not do myself, and faster than I could have gotten otherwise.

Nancy from Leslieville from Toronto
Nancy from Leslieville from Toronto

Washing machine repair

Last year they repaired a refrigerator for us and now the washing machine. On time, professional and one of the nicest young couples. Have recommended them to neighbours in the area.

More about Appliance Healer

Affordable appliance repair We fix all major brands and type of appliances WASHER DRYER STOVE DISHWASHER FRIDGE and MICROWAVE Our rates are very affordable and reasonable We offer SENIOR RATE DISCOUNT Warranty on parts and labor.