Galaxy Moving & Mobile Storage

Reviews for Galaxy Moving & Mobile Storage

Unhappy in Vancouver
Unhappy in Vancouver

Moving and Storage Disaster

I hired these guys to move my belongings into storage while we were building a new house and then to move into our new home in Kelowna.
They will not load or unload unless you pay in full in advance
They cram furniture into strand board wooden containers. It gets pushed in however it fits without regard for damage.
They sent two guys driving two trucks. There were supposed to be 4 movers. After 2 hours and repeated calls 2 kids ( hired from Craigslist) showed up to help.
One container had mould damage and I have lots of ruined valuable furniture. Owner has not returned my calls to discuss the damage. The sales person suggest I deal with it with my home insurance..
The two guys driving together trucks left Vancouver at 5 am and drove back to Vancouver the same day, I estimate a work day of about 20 hours. They were in such a hurry they piled everything in a heap in my family room. I now need to hire help to move things to where I had specifically requested it should be moved.
Read the reviews on Yelp,

Hope Lankes in San Francisco
Hope Lankes in San Francisco
1 review Hamilton, ON

Vancouver >San Francisco

Galaxy Movers are phenomenal, I can’t say how stressed I was before the move and they handled it like a dream. We moved to California for work and were stressed about 2 things. Customs & my Grand piano. They cleared customs for us without us even having to be at the border. The one thing that surprised me is how much extra they did beyond moving. They helped suggest where to put some furniture and even helped me hang the pictures. We had hired them to do a full pack and unpack but his was above and beyond. The piano arrived safely and as you can see in pictures below, it was handeled with the utmost skill and grace. The staff were always helpful and I happily recommend them. A+

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad we could help.

Ellie Chan in Vancouver
Ellie Chan in Vancouver

Piano Move

Galaxy Moving did a great job moving our piano from our old house to the new in Maple Ridge. The crew was efficient and friendly and they weren't phased by the long, steep driveway. The office staff was also wonderful. I would definitely use them again.

The guys felt there legs the next day :)

Prem in Calgary
Prem in Calgary
1 review West Vancouver, BC

Big Smile Huge Hill

Huge smiles even, the whole day. These guys did such an amazing job, they truly loved our mountain. One of the guys said "this is a great workout". I will include pictures if possible, but thy do not give this mountain justice. These guys were like machines, they operated like a well oiled assembly line. Up and down up and down, only stopping for water. They worked tirelessly all through the day, the only complaint I had was some missing screws for my mirror. They went to Home Depot the next day and bought new hardware. I didn't even have to harass them. I would strongly strongly strongly suggest these Galaxy Moving. Especially if you have a difficult move. On a side note, we were thrilled with how accomaditing they were to the kids. Anyone that has children knows they are lways under foot, even after we told them to go and play, they were always watching out for hem and not stepping on them.

Wow, prem! I'm going to personally thank the guys, they really represented our core values well!

Sandy  in Vancouver
Sandy in Vancouver

Great movers!

I had such a wonderful experience with this company. Was in a very stressful situation and galaxy moving handled our move perfectly. Everyone who helped me was very professional and courteous. They packed, loaded and stored my belongings for a few weeks until I was able to move into my new place. Overall, very happy with my experience.

Thank you Sandy, it's nice to hear good things.

Kelly in Vancouver
Kelly in Vancouver

Move

Very good service. The movers were friendly and fast. They got us in on a cancellation, we were very lucky to find them. Very happy with their service and accomodation.

Thank you Kelly, we appreciate the kind words

Ron in
Ron in

Wonderful move

The service I received was top notch. The Movers who came, Todd and Joe, were amazing. They arrived on time, were friendly and efficient in their service. Nothing was damaged, final cost was right on the initial quote. There were no headaches, it was completely stress free. I cannot recommend Galaxy movers enough and will be using them in the future!

Thank you, Ron I'm glad we could help and hope to hear from you next time.

Monica in Vancouver
Monica in Vancouver

Great moving service

I was so impressed with Galaxy Moving guys that I've taken the time to write this review, and that is saying something. I can't imagine how a complicated move could go better. These people are terrific! Incredibly good customer service. Their crew was very pleasant and professional, and all of those who moved us had been with the company for years, which says a lot. They were very careful, and what little damage that was done (which is minor and probably unavoidable) was taken care of with very little fuss. (Tight winding staircase scratch.) If you are moving in or from Vancouver, save yourself some time and just call Galaxy. To top it all off, the final bill was less than the estimate. Amazing. They do business the way it should be done. If I could give them a higher rating I would. My name is Monica and I approve this review.

Thanks Monica, we really appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Bloody Awful!

What an utter nightmare of a business! (if it is to be considered a credible business at all)

The guys who came to pick-up my boxed and wrapped belongings on June 23 2016: good. They were efficient, and one was really kind, trying to alleviate my stress. "We're here to make things better!" he said.

It was fine until I was presented with the final charge on the spot: $814.54--a LOT more than the owner, Mike, had quoted on the phone. I had no choice but to pay that amount, as they'd just loaded my belongings into a storage container, and had to fly immediately to northern BC in less than two days.

My belongings were sent to a warehouse way out on ANNACIS ISLAND--nowhere near their advertised business address on Kingsway, and not an easy location to get to. (they don't tell you this upfront)

Via northern BC, I considered flying down to retrieve some of my belongings (or driving down to pick them up in a U-Haul). I was then told that they'd have to make sure that someone from the company could go out to Annacis Island to meet me; they're "very busy", and arrangements would have to be made for me to get access to MY PROPERTY many weeks in advance, with an hourly charge for an employee's time there. (BTW: the warehouse isn't marked with their business logo.)

July, August, and September: I paid $140.44/month for storage costs. They were happy to take my money via online Interac; I received notice of receipt via email ... from my bank, not Galaxy. No receipts or invoices were ever emailed or posted to me.

THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE to correspond or speak with! Emails and phone messages: unaswered or one is left waiting for responses. I received a few replies from *Marry* or *Michael*, but such were like getting blood from a stone!

When it came time for me to retrieve my belongings and have someone pick up everything (with my authorization/proxy given), Galaxy made things difficult again. I had to chase them, they wanted $424.40 upfront (via online Interac again) before they "might" be able to have someone out at the warehouse to meet the man authorized to transfer my boxes and furniture into his own moving van to drive to northern BC. (he had a schedule to meet himself and was super efficient) Galaxy charged that $400+ fee for the less than hour that my hired delivery guy spent there--I'd INCONVENIENCED Galaxy, by demanding someone be there to meet the person authroized to remove my belongings from the container. "Such a hassle" for a business it is to move and store things; essentially, they held my belongings for ransom.

(Somone from Galaxy placed a box clearly marked as "food" into the storage container. That box of perishable food sat rotting among all my belongings for over three months, permeating everything!)

I have NEVER received invoices/receipts from Galaxy for the monthly storage charge OR the pickup fee. Six weeks and five emails ago, I specified that I require these for Income Tax purposes. I provided accurate, extremely detailed info about the services I'd paid for (including dates). It took a FOURTH email and unanswered telephone message left for me to get any sort of response. I was met with an excuse, "Sorry we are closed for the winter. I will see if I can get the info for you. You said one of our contractors did the moves for you? What were your move dates?"

I had already given specific dates AND details of who had picked up my belongings. (I highly doubt their "office is closed")

That was two weeks ago (six in total) and I have STILL not received the document that I requested!

Galaxy will make you jump through hoops for everything! They're all too happy to make demands of you for payment upfront and take your money, but COMPLETELY NEGLIGENT with documentation, responses, efficiency, or customer service.

THEY DO NOT CARE. Instead, they are armed with an arsenal of excuses and restrictions which lead to customers paying MORE money for their awful services and horrendous customer service.

BTW: the Canucks sued this company in 2014 for breach of contract and unjust enrichment. The Canucks won the suit in 2016 and were awarded $94,500 in damages (Google it). Galaxy, of course, had no response to inquiries from the press.

Thisis not true on so many levels.

KevinB in Vancouver
KevinB in Vancouver

Moving Relocation

This was the 2nd time Galaxy moved me. In addition to my personal moves, I have also recommended them to friends and business associates because of their professionalism and attention to detail. Jason is the man in charge and his standards are extremely high. His movers work hard to please him and, in turn, the customer reaps the benefit of a moving crew who are both efficient and careful with your things. I will continue to recommend Galaxy Moving to anyone I meet who is looking for honest and dependable movers.

Thank you for much Kevin, we treat our guys well and in turn they treat our customers well.

More about Galaxy Moving & Mobile Storage

Galaxy Moving & Storage offers Moving & Storage Services in and around Vancouver area to or from anywhere in Canada and the USA. We offer expert packing and crating services as well and are Piano Moving Masters.