EA Renovations Ltd.

Basement Renovation
AB
HomeStars  >  Basement Renovation in Vancouver  >  EA Renovations Ltd.

Reviews for EA Renovations Ltd.

Laura in Langley
Laura in Langley
1 review Langley, BC

Bathrooms/kitchen remodel

This company finished our home in September 2017.
All I can say is how impressive this team was to work with. Excellent customer service along with a faboulas job done by the team. Thank you EA for all your hard work. Id be happy for you use me as a refrence.

Thanks Laura. The pleasure was all ours.

Cecilia A.
Cecilia A.
1 review Surrey, BC

Kitchen Reno's

These guys are amazing! They have recently done 2 kitchens in my house and words can't describe just how happy I am with the outcome! I appreciated most how honest they were about what was necessary and what was not when it came to my wish list. They stayed within my budget, very professional and everything was complete in great timing! Thanks again to Nino, Mark and your crew! I am happy to recommend these guys to anyone doing Reno's small or big!

Thanks Cecilia. We're glan you're so happy with your kitchens.

Yvonne in Vancouver
Yvonne in Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Whole House Renovation

We hired Mark, Nino and the EA Renovationss team for a whole house renovation in the summer of 2016 on an urgent basis after our original plans fell through. By sheer luck, Mark and Nino were available to do the renovation on short notice, with Mark as our main contact throughout. After speaking to some of their references, we were reassured that they would put in the same care and detail into our home that they would for their own places. This turned out to be completely true, and we would highly recommend EA Renovations as your team for anything from small to large scale renovations and more.

Bear with me, I have a lot to say in my detailed review!

Design, Plan, and Workmanship: Mark and Nino designed an open floor plan we didn't think was possible with a renovation, adding some great feature walls, giving us a spacious kitchen, a super practical mudroom and laundry room, a bright and peaceful master bath, and creating an amazing outdoor space with cedar pergola. Although we had a fairly specific plan in mind, we have never undertaken substantial renovations, and were glad to rely on their expertise in the design aspect. The quality of the workmanship, in our view, was excellent, and they quickly addressed items that could only be discovered after we moved in. Our family could not be happier with the overall result of the renovation.

Budget and Timeline: Being a whole home renovation on a fairly large house, we were prepared for several months of construction, and friends and family were convinced that we would never meet our deadline. In fact, we were able to move in approximately 5 months after EA Renovations began work on our house, an impressive timeline given that we bought our house without an inspection, and of course encountered many 'fun" surprises along the way. For example, we discovered that we needed to replace the entire roof, level the subfloor, change out the windows, and (our favourite) address the 20+ year old water boiler for our heating system. All of these issues increased our original cost estimate, so this is a lesson to all (or maybe just those like us!) that you should always have a substantial contingency fund in place. Mark did everything he could to help with our expenses, including allowing us to select and purchase some items on our own, helping us to choose materials and suppliers that would fit our budget, and identifying alternatives that might be lower in cost but function just as well. He patiently listened as I agonized over such things as what toilet to buy and always steered me in the right direction.

Issues: Again, with a whole home renovation I think it's probably inevitable that problems are going to arise. During the renovation, we had some issues with the work done by subcontractors and some communication difficulties with suppliers. This did extend the renovation a little bit as there were some things that needed to be re-done, and I will admit that being a bit of an uptight perfectionist, my stress level was through the roof. Despite all of this, I am of the view that the true measure of a company is not in whether any problems occur, but in how problems are dealt with, even when the company is not directly at fault. Mark was incredibly gracious and patient throughout the unexpected problems; he ensured that things were done to our original specifications even if it meant re-doing the work, and the team worked long hours to make everything right.

Communication and Trust: Mark and Nino were quick to respond to emails, texts and calls even when they had other projects on the go, and they didn't mind a follow up call or email when needed. As we both work full-time and have young kids, we were grateful to be able to speak on our schedules. I will say that of course, issues did arise in communication, sometimes between the two of us as the homeowners and Mark and Nino separately, or with various subtrades. I think that most of what occurred in terms of miscommunication may not have arisen had we had more time in which to plan and get specifics down on paper. There were times when we were slightly frustrated for example with our kitchen cabinet designer - problems occurred in communicating what we wanted and in the execution of same. That being said, Mark as our GC handled the bumps in the road well, and he was always prepared to advocate for us and ensure we were happy. In terms of trust, as mentioned we always felt that Mark and the team had our best interests in mind and that the quality of their work was excellent. We had absolute faith in the team and did not have to be on-site every day to check in....although we were there several times a week anyway!

Thank you Mark, Nino, and everyone on the EA Renovations team. We are well settled into our beautiful home, and everyone who has come to visit has been so complimentary of your work - we are so happy we found you!

Thank you so much for the great review! We love how it turned out.

Courtney in Vancouver
Courtney in Vancouver

Bathroom Reno, Deck & Garage

We are extremely happy with the work done on our place by Mark and the EA Renovations Team. We had some pretty specific plans on what we wanted and everything was executed as agreed. Mark was very clear in his communications and easy to get ahold of whenever we had questions or issues. We are very pleased with the quality of workmanship and the way each project was completed in a timely manner. All the subcontractors on site were friendly and we were comfortable having them on our property and in our home. We would strongly recommend EA Renovations to friends and family.

Thank you for the great review Courtney. the pleasure was all ours!

Mark

Basmeant

I thought I would express my experience in hiring EA Renovations. I initially received 3 estimates to convert my basement suite which was unfinished. They pricing and contract was very detailed/professional.
We went forward and hired this company and the results were very satisifing.
I would recommend this company in the future to friends and family.WOrkney was completed on time and on budget.

Dave

Hi Dave. It was great working with you.

Mike in
Mike in
1 review Tweed, ON

Main floor renovation

I hired this company off a referral. I also had the pleasure to read there reviews on homestars.

I can't say enough about this team,there professional,well spoken and take pride in what they do.
Hiring a company like EA Renovations took a lot of stress off my busy life schedule.
The prompt to answer emails/phone calls.
Communication is a 10/10.
I found this company very honest, and up front from the beginning to end.
Highly recommend, I would refer this company to friends and family.
Thanks again team EA

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure working with you and we hope you enjoy your new space for years to come.

Doug
Doug
2 reviews Abbotsford, BC

Kitchen / bathroom renovation

Mark and Nino were fantastic. They took a lot of time to explain the process to us, and were very patient with our decisions... which we changed a lot. I would highly recommend EA for any work to be done to your home. The quality of the work is phenomenal. I wish we could hire them to do our entire home. We had 4 different major companies give us quotes for the job, and EA was the lowest quote. We got these quotes from the top 4 contractor companies on homestars.

Thank you for the great review Doug. It truly was a pleasure working with you and Mindy. I look forward to stopping by sometime in the future to catch up.

Amy from Vancouver
Amy from Vancouver
3 reviews Burnaby, BC

Ensuite bathroom

EA Renovations converted the powder room and the existing built-in closet (they were side by side) in my master bedroom into a functional bathroom. The old powder room was small and could barely fit two people inside at the same time. With the closet, you had to be either a giant or a dwarf to find the hanging spaces inside perfect. Unfortunately, I was neither.
I interviewed about 7 contractors before I decided that EA was the contractor for me. And this was all because of Nino. It was his initiative and his readiness to help me without a promise of a contract that made me feel like I could trust him and his crew.
I hadn't met Mark up until that point and due to EA's busy schedule and my tight deadline, Mark (who is usually the one behind the scenes) became my onsite construction supervisor. He organised materials, scheduled workflow and also worked on the tools. He was here from day one of construction and stayed till the very end. Nino also came by one day to work on the tools so I was fortunate that I had both partners working with me on my project.
The whole project took about 6 weeks to complete. There were some hiccups along the way but Mark resolved all the hiccups in a timely manner and did so with integrity and honesty. I never felt like I was left to fend for myself. He was a real pleasure to work with.
The experience overall was a great one. I haven't been scarred. In fact, I have another smaller project earmarked for the future which I hope Mark and Nino would be willing to tackle.

Hi Amy. It was great working with you. We hope you are still enjoying your bathroom.

Oksana in Vancouver
Oksana in Vancouver

Two Bathrooms and One powder room

I was the one of those fussy clients contractors do not really like to work for….
And this is how its started: Nino and Mark came over listen to my silly dream ideas and made them into reality! They really did! All I had to do is to relax, trust my contractor and have my cheque book handy. It was not an easy and it was time consuming but at the end two bathrooms and a powder room look better then all house! Now I have Nino and Mark coning back to turn my oaky dated kitchen into modern masterpiece. I cant wait for working crew to start our second big project!

One more little story about Nino. 5 years ago he build us a medical office, build from the ground up. He was the most hard working dedicated and responsible person ever!
I am one happy and extremely satisfied costumer.

Hi Oksana. We love fussy clients! It was great working with you!

Eric in Coquitlam
Eric in Coquitlam
1 review Port Moody, BC

Upstairs Floor and new roof - complete rebuild

We own an older home in Port Moody, and were in dire need of a new roof in 2015. I spoke to a number of contractors at the time to see what our options might be. When I met Mark from EA I had a gut feeling that he was going to make sure we worked together to get the possible solution for our home. I couldn't have been more correct in that initial feeling.

What started out as a replacement for our aging roof turned into a lot more along the way, and Mark and his team were there to help every step of the way. I very rarely write reviews on sites like this, but in this case I feel like it's something that deserves to be noted. When I say Mark went above and beyond the normal duties of a contractor I'm putting it mildly.

When huge unexpected storms hit our region in the midst of demoing the roof (while awaiting final permits) Mark was there at 4 in the morning, helping make sure our tarps were secure, and the rest of our house was protected. In fact, he was already outside our house before we even woke up to the storm. That's something I'll never forget, and no amount of money will buy that kind of integrity, and personal dedication to a client.

I could go on and on about how EA's subcontractors are top notch, including Brian, Steve, Trevor, etc. And they are. I got to know these guys like family over the course of many months that they were at the house working, and I can't say enough good things about them. They work hard, do top quality work, and are the best at what they do.

No job is without roadblocks, and Mark would be one of the first to note how many we ran into on this job; from weather, to getting all the proper permits. But the whole time, from standing in the rain on a roofless upper floor, to being by our side at City Hall presenting our case to the board of variance, Mark never let us down, or left us hanging.

In the end, although things end up costing more than any of us planned, the work Mark and his team did only added to the value of our home. We've had it appraised at a much higher value than the cost we spent on the renovation. I can honestly say that with all the roadblocks we hit I'm positive we never would have made it through the job with a different contractor. From structural reports, to architectural plans, and engineering surveys, Mark was able to walk us through every step along the way.

In the end, we not only have a brand new roof, but an entirely renovated upstairs, with a new master bath, hardwood floors throughout, and way more space than we ever had before. I can't recommend Mark and the team at EA Renovations highly enough for all the work they did. You can find other contractors that might do similar work, but you won't find a group of guys that looks out for your best interests the way Mark and his guys did for us.

Wow! I don't know if I can say much more than that. It was a pleasure working with you Eric and Kiki. I can't say that all of it was fun but I think the house turned out great and you had a big part in that.

More about EA Renovations Ltd.

We understand that renovations, of any kind, be it a bathroom renovation, kitchen renovation, basement renovation or a new addition, can be stressful. As a general contractor, EA Renovations will take the time to listen to what you want and deliver on it, while making sure your life isn't turned upside down in the process.

We have brought together a highly skilled team of tradesmen and designers with well over 50 years of combined experience. So whether you need a new deck, a new kitchen, bathroom or an addition, we can get it done for you with the same care and attention that we would put into our own homes.

Call now for a free consultation and written estimate!