Jay Carter Roofing & Sheet Metal

Reviews for Jay Carter Roofing & Sheet Metal

E Savolainen in Markham
E Savolainen in Markham

Roof re-shingling

JCR was referred to me by a friend and they didn't disappoint. Squeezed me into a busy fall schedule ... professional crew finished the job in one day and left the job site as clean as they'd found it. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Mr. Savolainen, we appreciate your business and your kind words about our company! Spring and Fall seasons do get quite busy for us; on average we are 1-2 weeks away form a starting a new job! We do our very best to do a proper clean-up and leave your property as we found it.

Brad in Bradford West Gwillimbury
Brad in Bradford West Gwillimbury
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Roof Repair and Shingle

We found JCR through the CertainTeed website as a preferred/recommended contractor. We were sure of the kind of product that we wanted for our new roof and we were comparing comparable products from Owens Corning versus CertainTeed. After consulting with a few other contractors JCR proved themselves to be the most cost competitive, even more so than other recommended contractors from the CertainTeed site. JCR not only were able to provide quality installation, but even moved the installation work forward an entire week to work around another contractor that was working on the house. The shingle work was performed in one day, all work was executed professionally, accurately and neatly. Jay returned a few days later to perform the final inspection and address an outstanding roof vent himself. Jay even worked with us for alternate payment options that made our decision all the easier to make. Would definitely recommend JCR to anyone needing roof repairs, by a quality team with a quality product.

Brad, we are glad that you enjoyed your experience with our company. We do our best to overcome any obstacles, such as, other trades working at the same time. We try to make the installation go as smoothly as possible! If anything was missed during the installation, we will always be able to make sure to rectify the issue during the roof inspection/quality check.

Vaughan u.
Vaughan u.

Complete Reroof

The Jay Carter Roofing has delivered the excellent quality work that we come to expect. We replaced both the plywood and shingles for our home, the JCR team was accommodating in revising the quote to give us different options to choose from.

They use top rated quality materials for our roof, and the working crew was professional to deal with. They job takes more than 3 days to complete due to the weather, and the crew keeps the job site safe and clean everyday after they leave. We discover the frontal eavestrough was slightly damaged after the job was done, notified JCR and they sent another crew back the next day to replace it for us.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Jay Carter Roofing for all your roofing needs.

At Jay Carter Roofing & Sheet Metal, we strive for excellence and to keep our customers happy. We do our best in resolving any issues that arise in a timely manner and to not inconvenience the customer. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us! We appreciate and gladly welcome any referrals.

lorenzo
lorenzo

Roof repair and multiple window flashing repair

After Jay had completely replaced my roof at my residence several years ago, and done a terrific job, I called him back to inspect an investment property we had acquired. Jay found 60 holes in the roof, pictures as proof, where solar panelling had been improperly removed causing much damage. Before leaving, he filled the holes to withstand weather, thereby giving me time to evaluate my options while still protecting our tenants. He continued his investigation and found several places along the windows that needed repair. The quality of his work made us return to him for our second property and his dedicated professionalism is prompting this review. He kept us whole, he understood our needs and he met his commitments in a timely fashion, and at a fair price. I would recommend Jay to anyone in need of a roof or roofing project, and can say that I wish that all of our renovation contractors shared in his customer care.

Piera in Thornhill
Piera in Thornhill

Roof Replacement

I started looking for a roofer last year to replace a 15 year old roof. I met with reps from 4 local companies ranging from very high end to mid range prices. In May of 2016 a rep from his company came out and I was not disappointed. She knew a lot about the job and the products involved. I had some concerns about the price so I asked for Jay himself to come out as I felt I could better bargain with him. He came out within a few weeks, went through the estimate in detail and explained all the costs, how many bundles of shingles, etc. He better advised me on a classic colour choice and asked me for no money up front. He indicated that I would be paying no money until the job was completed and I was satisfied. This is the kind of reputable company they are. I had no doubt left and booked with him. He started the job 2 weeks later with 3-4 well trained roofers, fully insured the job was completed in 1.5 days. This is impressive as I have a large roof, 90 bundles of shingles. The workers were courteous, tidy and professional. Jay attended to inspect the job daily and personally completed a small extra job of replacing some leaky eaves trough around the garage at no extra cost. I am very satisfied and would recommend this company to anyone who needs a new roof or a roof repair.

DanH in Innisfil
DanH in Innisfil
1 review Innisfil, ON

Roof Shingles

This was the second time I had to have a roof re-shingled and it was an amazing experience. The work the Jay Carter team did is sensational and all the neighbors commented on how fast and clean their work was. After the work was complete, the owner came to inspect the roof and make sure it met his expectations. I know if I ever need any type of roof work done, I am going with Jay Carter and you should too.

Malcolm in Newmarket
Malcolm in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Roof

This company did my roof,my neighbor's roof ,and three of my friends houses and did an excellent job. Would highly recommend them. Price was right and quality excellent.Thanks Lydia.Looking to get some siding done next.

Mr Millar from Aurora
Mr Millar from Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

roof

Jay Carter Roofing was a pleasure to deal with. When we began contacting companies for our roofing project it was clear to see that the professionalism of Jay and his employees stood out from all the rest. The workmanship, cleanliness and care was outstanding.They are the right choice!

Indy from Georgina
Indy from Georgina
1 review Georgina, ON

Shingle roof

It was a pleasure dealing with this company. I had a lot of questions and all were answered and addressed to my satisfaction by Lydia. They installed a great product and my roof looks great. Thanks again guys.

Peter from South Woodbridge
Peter from South Woodbridge

Jay Carter Roofing was referred to me. They responded very professionally through the quoting process in timeliness, information and samples. They offered the best and most comprehensive quote of a reputable long lasting shingle and eaves replacement. They did everything as they said and when they said. They were neat and cleaned up perfectly after the job.

This is my second replacement. There are roofers who use other products and are cheaper. Check the manufacturer warrantees carefully. Saving 1 or 2 thousand now, will mean you are spending it again in 12-15 years instead of 25-30. Wish I had an experience like this 13 years ago.

More about Jay Carter Roofing & Sheet Metal

Jay Carter Roofing is a family-owned, full-service, roofing and contracting company that has been serving the GTA for more than 10 years.

We operate with a staff of 35 professionals and we're still growing. We hold regular educational seminars for our installers so their skills and knowledge will always be leading edge. And we stay abreast of the latest in roofing technology so that we can offer you the best products on the market.

We deal face to face with our customers because we still believe in the value of personal service. But the world is moving quickly, with computers and the Internet changing the way we transfer information. You can always reach us by phone. But if you're in a hurry, our interactive web site will always have the latest information on your project available at your fingertips.

Honesty, Integrity and Quality are our watchwords. If you're looking for a company that will go the extra mile to get your business, we think your search is over!