Jay Carter Roofing & Sheet Metal

Reviews for Jay Carter Roofing & Sheet Metal

Angi in Cambridge
Angi in Cambridge
0 reviews Cambridge, ON

have not showed up since last fall

The worst customer service I have ever seen. I agreed on a service and and had to beg them over and over on numerous phone calls and and they NEVER showed up for 6 months. Like they where doing me a favour !!! but I am paying !! would not recommend this company to anyone.

Angi we are sincerely sorry to hear about your negative experience. We do honestly try to provide all our clients fast and reliable service. Unfortunately it seams we were un able to get to you within your expected timeline. This year has presented huge challenges to all contractors. We do understand the frustration with long delays and hope you understand we are a small family business with limited resources. Please take care

0 reviews Sharon, ON

Leaking skylights

Great experience, knowledgeable staff. Super happy with our experience with Jay Carter roofing!

30 word minimum on this review is unnecessary - you really should change this part of your requirements.

lorenzo
lorenzo

Roof repair

Had a small repair to a roof that Jay Carter installed 9 years ago. The repair was under warranty, as was handled in a most timely manner. Jay Carter has installed this roof, as well as our solar panels and has repaired our aluminum facings. He has also worked on another house we own to repair extensive damage left from improperly removing a satellite dish. We have a trusting relationship that has spanned 9 years, two properties and several projects. Would recommend highly.

Hi Lorenzo. Thank you for your review. We strive to be the best in the business. We appreciate your feedback!

Bruno
Bruno
0 reviews Pefferlaw, ON

Metal roof ,standing seam

we were very impressed with Jay Carter following through with promises. sent a wonderful foreman and crew as soon as we requested did a very nice job in timely fashion

Thanks Bruno! We appreciate your business.

Wallace portella
Wallace portella
1 review , ON

Ribbed Steel Roof

Call them, you will not have regrets.
On time, on budget. Work is square which is an accomplishment considering the building is almost 80 years old. Total sq ft 1715.

We met with multiple companies, targeting those with overall good reviews in the area (central Ontario). One didn't show up. One wanted to work a cash deal and didn't quote formally, only verbal. One was more interested in his kids hockey practice and said they send a quote the following week. Nothing ever received. Jay Carter Roofing was the fourth company contacted, the first to show up at the door, even in covid times.

Quotation was comprehensive, fully complete and professional. Rob could answer almost every question we had. Paying particular attention to the questions of safety. We have a hydro stack and a steep pitch. Either possibly a recipe for an accident. Being 30km from the closest emergency help, safety must be considered. Rob explained all the choices available. Stated timing would be about 4-6 weeks. Confirmed company safety protocols (working at heights training in compliance), WSIB coverage etc. We received the formal quote the next business day (met on the weekend) 9/14/2020.

Remember, we were speaking with other companies. This is a big cost. It's really important to do your homework, research the companies. DIG. Each company was given the same opportunity to visit, measure, answer and ask questions and quote.

A few days after receiving quote from Jay Carter Roofing, we asked for references. These were received promptly. We didn't want references from multi-million dollar estates on Lake Simcoe, just regular homes.

We went to each reference address, knocked on doors, looked at the work from all angles (neighbours must have thought we were casing the homes) haha...

One reference from Beaverton took the time, on an early Sunday morning, to talk for the better part of an hour. He had a century+ home and all the hiccups that come with an old home.

The materials used on his home were exactly what we wanted to choose.

That home owner's personal feedback pushed Jay Carter Roofing ahead of everyone else. He shared his entire experience, costing, timelines etc.

The references left us with a real sense of confidence in this roofing contractor. Not a huge company but employs their own people rather than sub-contractors.

Wasn't finished vetting the company(ies). They will be in and on our home. There is liability and potential risk. Call me paranoid but Murphy's law often prevails. I dug through the deadbeat contractors listings with the Ontario government and municipal records, searched through historical litigation records, checked BBB, checked credit reports. Found ZERO against Jay Carter Roofing. Jay Carter's record was clean.

Called Rob back a day later to let him know we wanted to work with Jay Carter Roofing and asked him to have the materials ordered. We could firm up any other details along the way. We wanted to get on the schedule.

Sometimes communications during these odd covid times can be fragmented. We had some difficulty connecting with the office. Likely staff were only in the office intermittently or working remote. I do not know their business model.

The communication issue was simply US asking what do you need? Power? Access to the house for bathroom use or warming up? This was expected to be done end of October or early November. Wanted to provide the crew whatever support they needed.

Pulled in the driveway 10/23 to find strapping had been started and materials delivered. Rain was expected so next steps would have to wait. Mike explained that he'd do the best he could to make it look good. This is an old stick built building. Nothing is square or level. Yes, safety equipment was being used.

Fast forward a few days and pulling in the driveway we find that the roof is almost completely finished. A few details left. Mike clearly explained how he managed to install the boot around the live hydro stack and the woodstove chimney. Tasha and Mike made a great team. The work looks great. Makes the siding look like a shanty haha. That's a project for another time.

Work site was so tidy. Even before cleanup was done, I only found one screw on the deck.

A couple days later, pulling into the driveway we found Frenchy there to do cleanup. Even better than that, he took the cheque for us back to the office.

Every person we dealt with at Jay Carter Roofing was friendly, honest to a fault and has an "I care" attitude. They treated our home and property with care and respect.

Not sure what more to say other than the warranty will outlive us.

Call or meet with them and do your own homework. Cost $14185 including taxes. On time. On budget. Integrity and good workmanship. Ideal.

Nick in Keswick
Nick in Keswick
0 reviews Georgina, ON

Residential Standing Seam Metal Roof

Jay Carter Roofing does awesome work ! High quality! Strong work Ethic. Such specialized knowledge and superior skills. I still can't figure how Jay Carter Roofing figured out the trick to make all of these standing-seam roofs come together to a clean hip cap end point ... aircraft engineering? ...sorcery? ...magical? mythical mastery of techniques? ... trade secrets? Whatever the answer, this roof is superb. I love it! More joy than my first born! More hapiness than first solo flight! Jay Carter Roofing delivers. I'm getting Jay Carter Roofing for all of my future metal roofing jobs.

Terry in Orillia
Terry in Orillia
0 reviews , ON

New roof

Seemless process from start to finish. All of our questions were answered and the clean up was flawless. We are very pleased with our new roof and the job that was done.

Josh from Toronto
Josh from Toronto

Shingle and Flat Roof Replacement and new eavestroughs

I met with a number of roofing contractors and found Jay to be the most professional and honest. We proceeded with a shingle and flat roof replacement and new eavestroughs. It was impressive that is was all done in one day (except for a small section of the flat roof) with a large team. The price was very competitive and I would not hesitate to use Jay and his team again.

Gayle in Toronto
Gayle in Toronto
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Roof Replacement

When I choose vendors to complete work for me, I try to choose those with a solid performance record, that is validated by 3rd party reviews. I try to complete my due diligence, asking a lot of questions, comparing what is and is not included between various vendor quotes and ensuring that I am making an informed decision, especially in this case, on something so important, as the replacement of my roof. Service and Warranty is far more important to me than price, although price, of course, is up there as well. I was very impressed with the high marks attained by Jay Carter Roofing, their attention to detail & follow up, as well as their professionalism, courteousness and that they did what they said they would do … which is sometimes rare. Before I decided to award the contract, I wanted to ensure that Safety and strict compliance with PPE, including harnesses, was adhered to. The Team didn't disappoint. The 4 star warranty is awesome. Jay Carter Roofing get top marks from me. I would, and in fact already have, recommended their service to neighbours who've inquired. It has been a pleasure to work with Jay Carter and his entire Team, both in the office and on Site. Well done!

More about Jay Carter Roofing & Sheet Metal

Jay Carter Roofing is a family-owned, full-service, roofing and contracting company that has been serving the GTA for more than 10 years. We operate with a staff of 35 professionals and we're still growing. We hold regular educational seminars for our installers so their skills and knowledge will always be ...
Looking for Roofing pros in Newmarket?