C.W.H. Renovations

supersail
supersail
1 review Edmonton, AB

Bathroom renovation

We hired CWH Renovations in 2007 during the boom in Edmonton. We contracted Curtis H to do a full renovation of our bathroom in our 70s era bungalow just after we moved in. The renovation he promised was a two week project. I don't fault him for the product delays we experienced, but I do fault him for the exorbitant delays we experienced when he stopped showing up. The renovation dragged on to over a year in duration. He never did finish the project and we gave up on him coming back. Two years later Curtis came back to us begging for the hold back ($2000). Coincidentally, he came back after the boom had busted and it seemed convenient to us that now he had time to finish the project. In the two years after the renovation, the quality of his job disintegrated. The grout he used for the tile around our custom bath cracked & fell apart. We found out the sub-contractor who installed our glass panels for our shower did not secure the track that holds the glass with anything but silicone. Curtis's job was to supervise all of his sub-contractors but he was rarely on-site. He would arrive in the mornings (sometimes on time) but I found when I would come home at random, he would have left to other jobs. I let sub-contractors in that had been waiting outside for various amounts of time.
To summarize, Curtis charged us boom pricing which was more like gouging and followed up by providing sub-par service that dragged out for far too long. The job he did to come and finish the stuff he did not finish the first time (in order to receive his holdback) was poor at closer inspection. He used a different colour grout in the shower which I see & notice every time I use the shower, reminding me of his poor attention to detail.
I would not recommend his services as he is a one-man show that cannot manage the challenges of personal life while maintaining clients.