Prism Security Systems Ltd

104 2131 Hartley Avenue Coquitlam BC V3K 6Z3
HomeStars  >  Alarm Systems in Burnaby  >  Prism Security Systems Ltd

Reviews for Prism Security Systems Ltd

1 review Penticton, BC

BEWARE!! This company has TERRIBLE customer service...so many better choices out there. I purchased a home alarm system and a 3 year monitoring contract. After the 3 years were up (I sold and moved after 1 year) I emailed them as per the contract instructions to discontinue the service. I was assured by their staff that my account was closed. I recently noticed (4 years later, my oversight) that my account was STILL being charged monthly and my account with them was still active. I contacted the Prism Alarms in Coquitlam/Burnaby again and she said she would look into it. After many back and forth emails she finally told me it isn't Prism's responsibility to deactivate the alarm monitoring (although the contract between myself and Prism clearly outlines the process to cancel). She told me that they just make these contracts for another company called Monitronics. I sent her a copy of the contract and pointed out that there is no mention of Monitronics on the contract (if there was I would have contacted them...no problem). Why wasn't this mentioned to me 4 years ago? Why wasn't this mentioned to me at the onset of the email communications between myself and this individual? She simply said they apologize but it is not of their concern. Prism readily activated my alarm monitoring and provided clear written instructions on how I was to cancel. Interesting how accommodating they appeared when canvassing my neighborhood for new clients. I have read the fine print, there is no mention of the company named Monitronics at all on the contracts. She told me "they USUALLY" tell their clients that Monitronics monitors the alarms. I have spent an extra $2000 which should have been reimbursed at least partially. Very suspicious. This is not about the money for me it is about the principle and deceiving clients. I will be seeking legal action under the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act.

Guylaine L.
2 reviews Delta, BC

We were very impressed with the quality of work done by their installer. Our previous monitoring company wouldn't do the same work; they wanted to give us a wireless system.

They are very organized, professional; we are very happy we switched to Prism.

Thank you for the wonderful feed back always great to hear from a happy customer!!

hartorth
1 review Surrey, BC

reprogrammed control pannel to activate rear entry door to be able to enter home by three doors.

Thank you!!!

noemail
2 reviews Surrey, BC

Punctual. Professional and knowledgeable. Solved the problem faster than expected. Very happy with the service

Syl Lim from Vancouver
14 reviews Vancouver, BC

(Formerly AIC Communications, now taken over by Prism Security)
Initial service call took the technician only a few min to replace a dead battery. We were on the understanding that he would also check the system during the visit (which didn't happen).
A miscommunication which the call centre person acknowledged, and agreed to have the technician return to fix a 'chimes' coding problem.
Thanks to technician Amran, who returned promptly the next day and took care of the problem. Thank you!

Jenni Hughlett in Surrey
10 reviews SURREY, BC

I own a store and Prism approached me one day with one heck of an offer!! The salesman was very knowledgable and treated me with respect and dignity. He helped me choose a perfect package for my store and even offered to help me get a refund from my other alarm company since I was cancelling my service. So far so good!!

More about Prism Security Systems Ltd

Prism Systems is a Metro Vancouver-based company dedicated to customer service and satisfaction. We install low-voltage wiring solutions, structured wiring and complete automation solutions. We perform wiring and pre-wiring for telephone, alarm, automation, Internet, satellite, built-in vacuum and home theatre systems in commercial, industrial and residential applications. as well as ...