Hometech Window Corporation

Building Supplies and Hardware
Vaughan ON L4K 5W6
HomeStars  >  Building Supplies and Hardware in Concord  >  Hometech Window Corporation

Reviews for Hometech Window Corporation

sal in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2
sal in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2

poor quality windows: street noise. closes poorly. leaks air

i installed this company's windows in my house. The sales process through the manufacturer's sales agent went quickly. It always does when they are trying to sell you something. But after the installation, we have been suffering with street noise due to cheap glass, and poor window design. The windows do not close properly. When they do they leak air. If they leak air than noise can get in as well.
I am at the point of trashing all these windows and replacing them with another brand. My neighbour has no problem with this windows regarding street noise, but I.
Trying to get any service after the sale has been pointless. All you get is excuses. "Glass is not sound proof". Well, if you installed the right thickness and better quality frames it would be. My neighbour's windows are the test.

would I buy from here again? Never. Now that I have experienced these windows in my three story downtown toronto home, I would never cheap out again. You get what you pay for.

We are sorry we do not know who you are, you do not have a contract with Hometech Window. We do not sell directly to the public so you should be contacting your Dealer with your concerns. It is possible you did not order the correct product for your specialized needs (above normal noisy surroundings) Cardinal IG is our glass supplier, known world wide. They have many superior products than could help with your issue. This is the same glass used in Pella and Anderson windows, so the quality should not be in question. Our windows are governed by CSA and Energy Star, and we are put thru many stringent quality control tests semi annually, and always pass with flying colors. Possibly a bit of research on your end and discussions with your Dealer before placing your order would have helped with your excessive noise issue. Sorry you are upset but again your dealer could have helped you. Please contact us we will be glad to help you - It could be something as simple as - you are not closing your windows correctly. Please be ready to submit your original contract so we know who you purchased these windows from.

Marco in Toronto
Marco in Toronto
1 review Kleinburg, ON

Window upgrades

Got a bunch of my windows upgraded and they work great. Make my house look tidy and new! Great sound barriers and hoping to finish off the rest of the house soon. Will definitely be returning.

Marco, we appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear you are happy with your Hometech Windows. We are glad to see our Dealer took care of you so well.

Melanie in Vaughan
Melanie in Vaughan

Love my windows!

Super happy with my windows. Have had them for some time now and no problems. The sales guy was helpful and opened me up to all sorts of options. My house looks great and the noise from my busy street is gone.

Melanie, we are pleased that you are satisfied with your Hometech Windows. Please make sure you recognize your Dealer on Homestars as well. Enjoy your product for many years to come.

Mary in Vaughan
Mary in Vaughan

WINDOW PRODUCTS

I got 11 windows replaced by Hometech Windows. I was told they had lifetime warranty. Since then 7 of the new windows have been faulty due to broken seals and had to be replaced. Hometech charges for installation to have these replaced. Having your windows replaced every few years is a great inconvenience. The workmanship in their product is extremely poor otherwise it would lasted. Ted the manager personally called me to explain that they used to use a supplier that wasn't reliable. He has since changed window manufactuers so the product is 100% better. Thank you for apologizing and for the explanation. I have referred your company in the past and look forward to continue to work with you.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you Mary for you patience and understanding. We used to use local suppliers that supplied us with Super Spacer which in time we found that the product was inferior. We have now switched to Cardinal IG with Endure spacer the same sealed units are used by Pella and Anderson. I have confidence that this superior product will keep you satisfied Thank you

Ted

H  in Vaughan
H in Vaughan

Dreadful customer service

The company has admitted that they have sold us faulty windows. We have to continuously order replacement windows and wait for service men to come and replace. The service is very inconsistent from one service Visit to another. The most recent service man shop very angry and insisted that all furnituwed ure and drapes need to be removed as he doesn’t like those working conditions. He doesn’t like that his face and body is touching the drapes. He needs to get his job done quick and go. After installing two windows of the 12 he stormed out angry and rude.

Good afternoon Afsharian,we apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Our service department notified your husband via email to please have the work are clear, and by the sounds of it this message was not forwarded to you. Two reasons why we ask for the area to be clear is, we do not want to damage any of your belongings- and number 2 for the safety of our service technician. Our service tech would try to help if he could, but your drapes looked like they were delicate and expensive, he did not want to be held responsible if they were damaged. We understand you do not want to see this technician again, we will do our best to try to find another qualified person, but we will need that work area clear.

Wil Ng in Toronto
Wil Ng in Toronto

New Hometech Windows

Our contractor ordered and installed new Hometech windows for our recent renovation. We ordered them with black frames for the outside and white inside. The windows are made with excellent quality. Good thermal retention qualities. Highly recommended!

Thank you very much for your feedback. We thrive on making customers happy and building a good quality window. We are confident you will enjoy your Hometech Windows for years to come.

Oxana in Mississauga
Oxana in Mississauga

Good customer relations

We installed Hometech wndows in 2 locations over the last 10 years. We were very satisfied with the product. When we needed some service for the windows, Hometech responded immediately and provided us with excellent results.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you for the recognition.

Albert Tan from Toronto
Albert Tan from Toronto

Best customer service in response to my window (Bought in 2009)

I bought 9 windows from Crown Windows and Doors in 2009 when Ontario government offered rebates on energy efficient program.

Last week, one of the window bracket was loose due to wear and tear. I called Crown Windows and sent photo on the bracket. Immediately, Ms. Rosy from Hometech Windows called me. Rosy said you can come any time to get the part from us.

Yesterday, I went to Hometech Windows at 384 Connie Cres, Unit 1
Concord, Ontario L4K 5W6. It was a great experience in customer service. Rosy showed me the window sample make sure is correct. She arrange technical specialist Errol to show me how to install. I bought the window mechanism as well, just in case need to replace.

Today, I installed the bracket. Simple, just snap-in it's done in 5 minutes. I called Rosy top say I installed the bracket, don't need the mechanism. I wish to return. She said, no problem, just bring back and your money back.

This is the best experience in customer service. From the dealer (Crown Windows and Doors) to manufacturer (Hometech Windows).
The best business in customer service will get repeat business by words of mouth. I am posting in Facebook as well.

Albert, we thank you for your positive feedback. We do strive to satisfy all customers needs. We are glad to hear that Rosy has been able to solve a problem of a Hometech Window customer.

Dave and Margaret Bolton Ont
Dave and Margaret Bolton Ont
1 review Caledon, ON

replaced glass in windows

I called HOMETECH to let them know that the seals on most windows was going they had a film inside.
Rossie took care and said they would be replaced at a cost.
The large curved window at the front of the house had the pewter in side fall. This would have been a special order but they are replacing it at no charge.
Happy to know glass in windows will be replaced.
Thank you!