Hometech Window Corporation

Reviews for Hometech Window Corporation

Belynda in Toronto
Belynda in Toronto

Love my new windows

I LOVE my new windows! I'm so happy with the quality of the windows and the service that I received from Hometech Windows. Customer service is excellent, knowledgeable and very helpful. The Window Installers replaced the windows quickly, and cleaned up after themselves as they worked.

There were so many benefits that I received from my new windows.
1. Energy efficiency - I notice it especially in the winter. no more cold seeps through.
2. Designs make it so much easier to clean them
3. Custom designs (these are some of the things I requested)
a) built in frosting on bathroom windows for privacy without the use of
curtains
b) windows in my master bedroom open from the bottom upwards so
I can leave them open when it's raining,
c) I had the windows at the back of the house slightly tinted to block
the strong direct light,
d) The windows on side of my house open sideways & outward to
catch the breeze that runs between the houses
4. The vinyl frames and window casings replaced the old wooden ones
the builder originally installed so I no longer have to paint or put
caulking. They always look amazing and easy wipe down with a cloth
during regular weekly cleaning.

We are pleased that you are happy with your Hometech windows. We do strive to provide a top quality, energy efficient, aesthetically pleasing product. We are confident you will have endless years of worry free window enjoyment.

New Windows

I purchased five new windows for the front my house before installing new vinyl siding. My house was built in the 50’s with 2x4 framing and plaster. Because of the new siding, I added 1” rigid foam insulation and 1” strapping so I had the new windows built for 2x6 framing. The new windows installed into the openings with ease and I used the nailing flange to secure the windows to the strapping. The brick-mould in the new windows also came with the built in J-Trim to receive the new siding. On the outside, once the windows were installed, I applied 4” DuPont Tyvek self-adhesive flashing tape (available at IHL in Vaughan) all around the nail flange to create a water tight/air tight seal. After the windows and siding were installed there was no need for any aluminium flashing or caulking. On the inside of the house the window sills were perfectly flush with the plaster wall. I used spray foam to fill the gaps and all I had to do next was nail up some trim. The spray foam I used is made by Tytan, also available at IHL. The foam expanded and created a good seal around the windows without bowing or warping the frames. I dealt with Jenny and she designed the windows to my specific needs and recommended LowE2 and Argon glass because the front of my house gets all the morning sunlight. The old windows made the inside of my house feel like an oven in the mornings and now the temperature inside is perfect, even in direct sunlight for hours. The new glass has a slight tint and look crystal clear. The windows were installed in early fall and now that it’s winter and we have had extremely cold temperatures, the windows have a tight seal and keeps the cold air out. Overall, these windows are well built and easy to install. I am very happy with my purchase and will be ordering more in the spring when I finish siding the back half of the house. Thanks Jenny for all your help!

Thank you for your positive feedback we are very happy you are pleased with your Hometech Windows and we are sure it will be for many years to come.

Rolf in Toronto
Rolf in Toronto

Warranty work

I purchased a home 5 years ago in Muskoka that was built 11 years ago. I found out the windows were from Hometech after some of glass units failed and they took care of it quickly. Recently a plastic guide for the locking mechanism on one of the casement windows broke (made by Truth, who make most of the hardware for all manufacturers). I emailed Rosie and she sent me 10 by mail right away.

Thank you for your positive feedback, we really appreciate your effort to take the time to do this. We are pleased that you are happy with your Hometech Windows. We thrive on pleasing our customers

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Service

I am very satisfied with hometech windows, great quality and very modernized. When one of the glass broke down due to renovation I contacted hometech window direct, the staff was very helpful, professional, excellent customer service and the repair was done in timely manner. I definitely will recommend hometech window to my friends and family

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your Hometech Window product and you after sales experience, it is something we are always striving to achieve.

RT in Vaughan
RT in Vaughan

A company with a bad reputation

Worst customer service ever! I ended up being transferred a few times and ended up with Rosie at "customer service." She had a horrible attitude. I found her condescending and rude. The company is happy to sell you windows but does not back up their product. Good window companies will cover the windows but not the installation; and this is understandable. Hometech does not do either. My advice: go elsewhere.

Dear RT we are the manufacturer not the installer. Rosie was trying to help you to figure out who you bought your windows from. The owner came to your house on a Saturday and explained to you that they were not Hometech Windows. The owner spent his free time trying to help you because you didn't have any contract and they are not our windows. And truly I don't know why Homestars posted this with no proof of purchase - Please be correct when you post information like this.

D L Vammus in Vaughan
D L Vammus in Vaughan

Windows replaced under warranty

Windows were ordered in 2004. They were replaced by warranty in 2008. The windows are now in the process of being replaced under warranty again. I have dealt with Rosie in service and Ted Gawlick.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Bianca in Toronto
Bianca in Toronto

I absolutely love hometech windows!

I purchased hometech windows from a dealer located in Vaughan and I was amazed with the product and service! The quality of the windows was far more superior than any other window I have ever purchased. The service was phenomenal as the staff were helpful and very patient. I would definitely recommend hometech windows for anyone looking to purchase windows!

Thank you for the kind words, we only work with premium qualified dealers, to ensure your total satisfaction

D Vammus in Vaughan
D Vammus in Vaughan

windows Replaced under warranty

We bought windows in 2004. We had problems with our windows. The windows were replaced under warranty. Rosie in service was helpful in dealing with finding the order and placing a new order.

thank you for your kind words, Rosie works hard to do her best to please all our customers.

Marco in Toronto
Marco in Toronto
1 review Kleinburg, ON

Window upgrades

Got a bunch of my windows upgraded and they work great. Make my house look tidy and new! Great sound barriers and hoping to finish off the rest of the house soon. Will definitely be returning.

Marco, we appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear you are happy with your Hometech Windows. We are glad to see our Dealer took care of you so well.

Melanie in Vaughan
Melanie in Vaughan

Love my windows!

Super happy with my windows. Have had them for some time now and no problems. The sales guy was helpful and opened me up to all sorts of options. My house looks great and the noise from my busy street is gone.

Melanie, we are pleased that you are satisfied with your Hometech Windows. Please make sure you recognize your Dealer on Homestars as well. Enjoy your product for many years to come.

More about Hometech Window Corporation

Manufacturer of vinyl windows
Looking for Building Supplies and Hardware pros in Concord?