Turnbull Masonry Ltd.

Toronto ON M8Y 3J3
Tuck Pointing
Turnbull Masonry Ltd.

Best of 2018 winner 4 timesBest of 2018winner 4 times

Reviews for Turnbull Masonry Ltd.

eily  in North york
eily in North york
3 reviews North York, ON

Chimney Repair

Clint came on time to give us the quote and was very professional. He gave us a quote which was reasonable. He explained the process and did not try to upsell us on the full chimney work. He finished the work on time and the brick work was impecable. We are very happy with his workmanship and will refer him to all my friends and clients. Thanks Clint for a job well done.

Thanks Eily! I quote every job with the viewpoint of 'if this is my house, what would I do?', I disagree with unnecessary up sells that don't agree with the purpose of the project. Thanks again for the kind review!

Brian  in Oakville
Brian in Oakville

crumbling brick replaced

The two retaining walls of our basement exterior stairway were crumbling due to water damage. Clint and associates did a fantastic job inserting new bricks and placing a limestone top on each wall. the area looks better than it did when the house was brand new. Crlint is professional in his approach and workmanship..Many thanks!!

Your very welcome!

Concrete pad in basement

This was our third job for Clint and the third time was a charm. Clint built a concrete pad in our basement so we could have all of our appliances on a level footing and raised to arm-level. He was on-time, cleaned up well, was easy to deal with and managed to extend the pad even where our irregular basement floor made it more challenging. We're happy once again.

I'm happy too! Thanks for the review!

Outdoor brick work

We were very impressed by Clint when he fixed our foundation and our chimney, so we were happy to have him come back to attach some exterior fixtures to our brick house. Once again, Clint was a pleasure to work with. He had no qualms about working on such a small project; he showed up on time, with the correct tools; his price was extremely reasonable and we're happy with his work. The job ended up being a bit more complicated than we all expected and Clint proved himself to be a pretty good problem solver. Once again, we are very happy with Clint.

Thanks for the review!

Dara on the Danforth
Dara on the Danforth

Reconstruction of old brick house corner

My 1920s brick house required a new outside corner rebuilt. Clint took his time to examine the problem, explain what was going on with my house, promptly provided a good mid range quote, and set up a work date. His work was so good the structural engineer who verified the work for my mortgage company hired him to do work for his company. If I ever need brick repairs, this is the guy I am hiring. I would highly recommend him.

Thanks Dara! I'm glad I could provide you with that service, and your appreciation of my work makes it worth while.

F,E&H in Toronto

Chimney rebuild, foundation fixes, tuckpointing

If only more tradesmen could be like Clint! We had Clint do a few jobs. His quote for the chimney was less expensive than other quotes we had; his quote for the foundation was slightly more expensive than others (not by much) but *way* better value - doing things Clint's way (e.g. the right way, no quick and dirty fixes like some other masons wanted to do) would take more manhours and more materials. In the end he charged us exactly what was quoted and he left the work site clean.

Three things stood out about Clint:

|| 1. He’s a good communicator -- Clint was thorough when he came over for the quote. Some masons were on-site for 20 minutes – we kept Clint for almost two hours. He answered all of our questions about multiple projects and problems, many not relating to the job he was quoting us. He was friendly, helpful and easy to talk to.

|| 2. He fixed the problem the right way -- We had a unique issue with our double-brick foundation of our 1930s house. We had a heritage architect in for advice who warned that that the problem could be exacerbated if we used modern-day materials, and that the most prudent approach was to fix the problems new brick and lime-based mortar.

We had a number of masons in for quotes and their recommendations varied, but Clint was the only one who recommended the same fix as our architect did. He repaired the foundation brick by brick and sourced old-style mortar which some other masons seemed unaware of. He also rebuilt our chimney, matching the new brick to the dated rug brick of our house.

|| 3. He was accommodating -- Other masons wanted to charge us per-wall minimum fees for things like tuckpointing or fixing the odd loose brick. Clint and René accommodated these requests, often on the fly, without charging us an arm and a leg.

We highly recommend Clint and look forward to calling him for future projects on our house.

Review has 1 previous version

Thanks for the kind review! It was a pleasure doing the work for you, and I look forward to working with you in the future!

Greg Hunsburger  in Toronto
Greg Hunsburger in Toronto

Stone Path Work

They are reliable and professional. They brought stone samples to our house and really talked us through the entire process and timeline. They told us what to expect and delivered. The workmanship is fantastic. They had to work alongside another contractor and worked extremely well. The stone looks fabulous.

Review has 1 previous version

Thanks again Greg! We really enjoyed working with the other trades on site, and look forward to any future projects you may require from us.

Greg Hunsburger  in Toronto
Greg Hunsburger in Toronto

Chimney re-build

They were very professional and courteous. Also, the company was very clean and did the job on time and were punctual. We had no surprises from them! The company did great work and overall we are very pleased. Clinton and Rene were fantastic, Thanks so much!

Thanks Greg! It was a pleasure doing the work for you! I'll pass along the kind words to Rene.

frank orr-etobicoke
frank orr-etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

chimney rebuilding and repairs

This spring, we hired Turnbull Masonry to rebuild and repair two chimneys on our house and were very impressed with the excellence of the work and the thoroughly professional approach. Clint Turnbull explained in detail the work that needed to be done and the methods used in completing it. The company made every possible effort to use the bricks there and match the new ones as closely as possible in color to the old ones. The job was done in less than the time estimated to complete it. The clean-up of the job site was immaculate and, despite the amount of material replaced, no sign was left behind that work had been done - except, of course, the repaired chimneys. I cannot recommend this company strongly enough.
Frank Orr

Hi Mr. Orr, thank you for the 10 star review! It was a pleasure doing the work for you and Mrs. Orr, I really enjoyed it. I do take extra measures to ensure that no mess is left behind and the job site is left immaculate.

Thanks again for the positive review, and the books you gave me!

Clinton Turnbull

Brian BT  in leslieville
Brian BT in leslieville

Chimney Rebuild

Chimney had to be torn down and re-built .All I have to say is this was one of the Best Contractors I have ever worked with period. Here are some of the reasons why.

1. Great owner and operator. (as a tradesman he is also a 10/10 in customer service)
2. Very competitive prices.
3. Well educated in his trade and his skill set is defined by perfect execution in the work he does ( 10/10 quality)
4. Goes beyond the scope of the work to make sure past mistakes are addressed or fixed.
5. Here's a Big one…He actually Calls you back…and Picks up the phone when you call.

So in conclusion…Turn Bull Masonry is by far the best brick contractor I have used.
Do yourself a favor and give Clint a call..and you will see why these 5 points are so accurate and true.

Hi Brian, after seeing this review I could retire now and feel that I've accomplished a great thing with my business, but seeing as I'm still young and have bigger plans in mind for my company I'll take this review and keep doing what I love to do.

Thanks for the positive review!

Clinton Turnbull

More about Turnbull Masonry Ltd.

CALL 416-251-4555 FOR A FREE ESTIMATE. Welcome to the Turnbull Masonry HomeStars page. Our company takes pride in our customer service, and our committment to delivering what we promise. All of our customers deal directly with the owner to ensure complete customer satisfaction. What you can expect from Turnbull Masonry …