B.O.F.F. Wall Bed Furniture

HomeStars  >  Furniture in Toronto  >  B.O.F.F. Wall Bed Furniture

Reviews for B.O.F.F. Wall Bed Furniture

Eduard in Toronto
Eduard in Toronto

Excellent product, quality and the customer service

Excellent product, quality and the customer service. I'm very happy with end-to-end process: initial call, home visit/consultation, advise on matching desk/hatch/pedestal and bookcase, order, installation and the follow up. Bravo!

Alvin from Toronto
Alvin from Toronto

Wall bed with shelving

Everything from beginning to end was a great experience. Marco came over to provide a free in-home consultation and drew up a proposed design on the spot. Pricing was very transparent and fair right off the bat.

The estimated delivery date would have been bang on if not for a truck breakdown out of their control. They get quite busy so there's quite a bit of a wait from order date to delivery date.

The bed itself is built well and attractive. It is everything I wanted when I began my hunt for a wall bed.

The installers were both very professional and polite. They were careful when moving the bed through tight hallways into the room and brought floor covers to prevent any acciednetal damage and hauled away all of the packing material when they left.

Couldn't be happier with the bed and service provided.

Robert L.
Robert L.

Wall Bed and Bed room cabinets

We recently moved from a four bedroom house to a two bedroom condo. Lack of space!!!! We went to the Boff showroom on Steeles Ave. and discussed our needs with Marco Belfontaine. He was very patient and helpful. The showroom had a full array of designs and materials. He gave us material samples(no deposit needed). He produced some draft plans and arranged to visit our condo to make measurements. When we placed our order he gave us a delivery date that turned out to be pessimistic.......the Bed came much Sooner! All in all I can say that our experience with this company from start to finish( including the installers) was a delight! Their devotion to making sure that we were happy was obvious from start to finish!!!

Karin W in Whitby
Karin W in Whitby

wall bed & adjoining shelves& drawers

We used the services of Boff wall beds on the recommendation of friends. Marco came to measure and advise, his input was material and helpful. He quoted and drew the plan on the spot.
The installation was done in timely fashion, the installers were professional, efficient and polite.
We're very happy with the final result, it looks beautiful and is perfect for our needs. We will happily recommend Marco & Boff in the future.

Wall bed

My husband and I recently downsized into a condo and needed a study that could double as a guest room. Marco at BOFF helped us to plan an appropriate setup for the room. Although the room is not large, we were able to fit in a queen size bed and bookcases that include six file drawers. The style and colours are perfect for the space and the room is very attractive thanks in part to Marco's input. The bed arrived exactly as ordered on the day ordered. The installation team was careful, competent and friendly. Everything was securely and properly installed. Visitors to our home have all been impressed with the look. Prior to choosing BOFF, we visited several other companies who do Murphy beds. We are confident that we received the product that was most customized to our needs for the best price anywhere in Toronto.

Hello,
We are very thankful for your beautiful review.
This is really appreciated by everyone at
BOFF Wallbed.
It's always a great pleasure to get such a nice feedback from our customers.

Thank you for your business.

Marco.

Diane from Toronto
Diane from Toronto

Great Product. Looks fantastic.

I met with Marco for a consultation for a custom-made wall bed that I wanted for a very small bedroom. Marco was an absolute pleasure to deal with. He surveyed the space and immediately began to offer ideas. He answered every question I had patiently. He showed me why (or why not) something would (or would not) work.

Originally, I was thinking about getting a twin-size wall bed made, but Marco was able to show me that a double-size wall bed would fit with a different configuration. He manually drew a mock-up (on the spot) of what it would look like, allowing me to visualize it a little bit better. He offered suggestions for drawers, cabinets, and cubby holes/shelving.

Once we agreed on the configuration, we discussed colour and texture options, as well as hardware options. Pricing options were given during this colour and finish discussion. I ended up paying more than what I was hoping to pay, but I did end up upgrading to a larger size, so I can't complain too much in that sense. Delivery and installation was included in the pricing, so there were no surprises.

Once everything was finalized, I was given an expected delivery date. To my surprise, my bed ended up being finished two weeks earlier than anticipated. We scheduled a delivery/installation date.

On the date of delivery, the installers were professional and courteous. They installed the bed in the time frame given. Once they were done, they called me in for a review and answered any other questions I had. They hauled away any garbage and debris.

In summary, I am very pleased with my entire experience. Customer service and interaction was fantastic with Marco and the two installers.

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone. I am so happy with the end result and look of the room. The double-size option fit perfectly with more room to spare than I thought.

I have since recommended BOFF to my cousin and boss.

Thank you Diane for taking the time to write such a nice review. It was great working with you.
Thank you for your referrals.

Marco, and all the team at BOFF Wallbed Furniture

cathy roberts from Toronto
cathy roberts from Toronto
1 review , SK

Wallbed

I would like to take a few minutes to say thank you for the great customer service.

The experience was fabulous from the time I placed the order and continued through the delivery.

Others should take lessons from your company.

Thanks again
Cathy Roberts

Thank you Cathy for taking the time to post your review.
It was great working with you.

BOFF Wallbed Furniture

Todd in Toronto
Todd in Toronto

Wall bed

Great product; no real support when needed.

I had a good experience several years ago having the bed constructed and installed by Boff. However, when I recently had to move the bed to my parents' home to make space for tenants coming in to my apartment, the company was unhelpful and in the end simply non-responsive and not available for disassembly and reassembly of the product. I made the request exactly one month before the deadline when it had to be out. I was told that the work would be done by their staff but not on work time, and that it would cost $100 for the disassembly and another $100 for the reassembly. I was told that it might take a couple of weeks for someone to be available. I was also told that it would have to be done between 4pm and 7pm. I got one message with very little advance notice for a time earlier than 4pm on a business day when neither I nor anyone else I knew could be available to let them in, so I had to let it pass. I was told that another opportunity would come up shortly. It apparently never did because I never heard once from the company after that, despite emails and calls all of which went unanswered. I had to ask a family member to assist me in trying to dismantle the bed myself before the move day. We were unable to disassemble much; it was too complicated. We did manage to get upper cabinets removed, which reduced the overall size. However, on moving day the professional movers were unable to get the unit in to the elevator and needed significant time to try and dismantle more of the bed themselves (and they added several hundred dollars to the price of the move, for a total of $900 which was the wall bed alone - nothing else was being moved). I even called Boff in the middle of the move on an emergency basis when the movers were stuck trying to disassemble, asking for telephone advice, and again was ignored. I didn't even hear from them after that message. In the end, the complete lack of support (not to mention being ignored) left a bad taste in my mouth and despite what I thought was a good product, I could not with any conscience recommend this company to anyone. The beds are expensive and in my view good service should cover the life of the bed and moving it if that is what the purchaser needs, not just good service at the point of purchase/installation (I had no problem with paying their workers for the service). Maybe wall bed companies don't want to move beds but prefer that they be left where they are and for new ones to be installed, I do not know. But I do know that if I choose to buy another wall bed for a different property (and I very well might), it will not be with Boff. I am thankful that my bed is now safely installed at my parents' but it is with zero credit to the company that made and originally installed it.

July 19/14:

The bed was purchased in May 2010 and I did not consider myself to be an "old" customer.

The company called once with little notice, not twice as they claim, and never once called again or responded to messages or emails I left.

The company never suggested that I come in to learn how to dismantle the bed. Dismantling was available for $100 and then reassembly for another $100. It was clear that I had to move the bed myself, which I arranged and paid for.

On my moving day they were called just before noon on Monday July 7th, a business day and not after hours. Had they replied to earlier messages and emails this might have been sorted out before my deadline.

I have plenty of "life experience" and judgment. I have worked as a licensed professional for 23 years and I rarely bother to write reviews and don't like doing so to begin with.

I stand by my account of the experience I had with the company. Had they at least had the courtesy to respond to me, even with a 'sorry we cannot help you', I might feel less disappointed in their service. I certainly would never choose to do business with them myself again and would also steer friends and family away. While the product is great, the service to me was worthless.

Many peoples use this site to pass frustrations and make them feel better...and Mr. Moore is one of them. Good for him, but he and we know the real story..

Lets start by saying that we are a manufacturer and a retailer of murphy beds, not a moving company.
Most important, the company doesn't offer the dismantling service. However, our technicians do offer dismantling services on their own, to our previous clients. But since they are extremely busy on their day to day job with us, witch consist of installing new beds all around southern Ontario, they can only do dismantling services after hours, or, when they have free time to do it .. Actually, they must do 2 or 3 each week during the summer time. Since we sold over 5000 beds in the GTA in the last 15 years alone, many old customers need their bed dismantled before moving to a new location.

Now, regarding Mr. Moore case, Our technicians tried a couple of times to book a time with him, but he was not available or reachable.
The day he moved, a Monday, he did call the store..but during after hours since we are closed on Mondays.

If he had visited our store, our staffs would have shown him what and how to do it himself, but he didn't.

The way he said that ''good customer service should cover the life of the bed and moving'' is showing his lack of judgement and life experience. When you buy a piece of furniture from a store, none of them will go back years after the purchase, to help a client to move back to his parents house!!

Finally, we are really sorry it didn't work well for him, and wish him all the best in the future.

BOFF

Michele from Toronto
Michele from Toronto

Wall Beds

I just had a new BOFF wall bed installed in my apartment and I could not be happier. Marco was very helpful from the very beginning, giving me advice on what would be the ideal set up for my apartment and being very honest about what could be done with my limited space. The excellent customer service continued with the installation team, which was polite, clean, and knew exactly what they were doing. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a reasonably-priced solution to the use of their limited space.

Hello Michele,
We are very please that you shared your experience with others.
We are always focusing on offering the best customer services and products.

A big thank you for the referral, They ended up buying 24 murphy beds for the project !!

Marco

More about B.O.F.F. Wall Bed Furniture

Canadian # 1 Murphy beds manufacture. Founded in 1986. Buy direct from our factory showrooms and save. . Good products and excellent customers services. Since 1998, we operate a showroom / sales office in Toronto. Other showrooms located in Calgary, Montreal, Quebec City, Trois Rivieres, Gatineau-Ottawa, Sherbrooke.
Looking for Furniture pros in Toronto?