Sobol Inc.

Reviews for Sobol Inc.

Snowdog in Toronto
Snowdog in Toronto

Great Results

What I liked right away when Archie came over to give us a quote was that he had 10+ years of experience doing window installations, so he knew what he was talking about. In this industry, it is not always the case that the person who provides the quote is the person who is there when the job is being done. I was happy that he was doing the quote and the installation. What he said made sense to me. I had the confidence he would deliver a good outcome. We had quotes from about 8 different firms and Sobol stood out from the pack.
It was a pretty major job that took a week with a team of 3-5 for the full frame replacement of 9 major windows at the back of the house on the first and second floors. I watched the job carefully and could see that they were being careful to ensure proper water damage prevention. Also, Archie has a talent for fine wood working so he did an excellent job on the interior trim. It is easy to overlook how difficult this can be and it is easy to mess it up. Our result was superlative.
When the windows manufacturer had to delay their delivery, his firm kept us up to date in advance and managed the communications very well. Our whole family was pleased with the project outcome and I would recommend Sobol for this type of project.

Megan in North York
Megan in North York

Bedroom window replacement

Our bedroom window was leaking so we hired Sobol to replace it. They were very quick with their quote, and prompt in letting us know when the window was ready and when they could come do the job. The two people who came were professional, clean, polite, and answered all my questions. It was a very easy experience, even though it was the dead of winter.

Richard T. W. in Toronto
Richard T. W. in Toronto

Sliding door capping and caulking

In the process of renovating the living room, we found water damage by the sliding door. We had received advice on how it was coming under the door (which had only been installed a couple of years ago), but decided to call Sobol (who we have dealt with for 10 years, but had been unavailable to replace the door when we had that done.) Archie came over promptly, and showed us what the problem was: the installers had capped the sliding door (and this applied also to the windows), covering the iron lintel. Condensation then collects on the lintel (rusts it) and travels down inside the capping and to the bottom, where it comes through the wall. He and his co-worker removed the capping, and sealed the door (as well as three windows where we had had the same problem). Bottom line: installers put in this smart-looking capping all around on the outside when it should never be put on doors and windows with iron lintels: these should be left exposed.
Sobol know how to do things properly.

AP in North York
AP in North York

Bay Windows and copper roof.

Sobol Inc. replaced the first and second floor Bay Windows in our house.
The project was complicated by the fact that we wanted to enlarge the windows by approximately 10 inches in length which required re building and extending the window frames. The replacement was due to a water leak, so it was likely that there would be repair work to the existing structure.
Dealing with Archie from the initial design/quote stage through the construction process was very professional. Every e-mail, text and phone call were answered to my satisfaction.
The construction of the new bay windows was done on the days that Archie committed to.
I was very happy and impressed with the quality of workmanship and attention to detail in all areas of the construction process. Archie is very thorough.
Sobol also arranged for a copper roof to be constructed replacing the original aluminum roof over the bay windows. Again. I was very happy with the quality of construction of that installation.
Having done many renovations over the years, Sobol is one of the best that I have ever dealt with. I will be working with them again.

Shawn C. in Old Toronto
Shawn C. in Old Toronto

Kitchen Window

Fast, reliable and pleasant experience. They came out for an estimate and worked with us to find a window that would work for our renovation.

The quality of the work exceeded our expectations, excellent service.

Sheila in Toronto
Sheila in Toronto

All new Windows

We had 13 windows installed 2 months ago, including a bay window. So happy. Done on schedule, windows and trim nicely finished , no mess, very clean looking.
Archie was a joy to work with, listened to our concerns, answered our calls & emails. He clearly takes pride in his work and pays attention to details.
Pricing was very competitive, Quote showed separate costs for product and labor, every detail was clearly listed in the contract. Archie discussed our options, measured the windows, visited the showroom with us, and completed the full installation with an assistant. He has proven to be honest and reliable and we highly recommend Sobol Inc.

Ali in Toronto
Ali in Toronto

2 Patio Doors and 2 windows

Hello all, i recive a call from Sobol today Sep 10:00AM, I will update everyone with detail and result of conversation shortly.

I ordered 2 patio doors and 2 windows, door deliver on time but windows took long time and 2 days asked to be at home but by 5 afternoon no one show up and company denied to compensation because of delay.
Recently I deal with Magic windows to replace all my windows with 36K and everything was on order but I pick up this company because I tried to save 3000.
Funny part is they charge me for cleaning a recycle any old door/window but they dump other client windows in my bin!!!
So result is don’t to try to save money with a company like Sobol. This is my last time order to this company.

Lisa Yusko in Scarborough
Lisa Yusko in Scarborough

Replacement Windows

Once again, great work! I have used Sobol for all of my windows and 1 door. They were professional, cleaned the work area, and provided me answers to all my questions. I just had my kitchen windows done and they look amazing. They were in and out in a day, which at Christmas is super important. My neighbors saw their work and have now asked them to quote on their job. Thanks guys for all your great work!

Ashleigh in San Francisco
Ashleigh in San Francisco

Door replacement

Had two doors replaced on our house and couldn't be happier with the service and attention to detail. They showed up on time and cleaned up when they finished. Competitively priced and great to deal with. Would definitely recommend and use Sobol again and again.

Double hung and Bay windows in Older Home

Our family has used Sobol in the past. Archie did a great job installing new double hung windows and a large bay window. He understands older buildings and installed new trim around the bay window that exactly matches the vintage trim in the rest of the building. Archie is great to work with - calm, clear and pleasant. I found him to be punctual, neat and tidy and reasonably priced.

More about Sobol Inc.

Need an idea? View some samples of our installations and get creative.
Whatever your style, we have a product to suit your individual needs.
Make your window, door or porch a reflection of your good taste. Available accessories give you the flexibility to add your own personal style to each and every product.
The best window and door products on the market are also backed by the best warranty in the business. Get the details on exclusive Lifetime Warranty.