HomeStars  >  Roofing in London  >  London Eco-Roof Manufacturing
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for London Eco-Roof Manufacturing

1 review Windsor, ON

The salesman Andrew was friendly and was able to answer all of our questions. Once we saw the product and were told of how it was made and installed, we went ahead with the installation. The installers were also friendly, neat, efficient and orderly. The roof is AMAZING. It passed our expectation and has been the talk of the street. I would recommend it to anyone.

Job Price

Andrew is certainly one of the best! Please do not hesitate to recommend us, we definitely appreciate it.

wdb
2 reviews Milton, ON

Great experience and very professional metal roof installation on my home. Workers were efficient and courteous and account management and installation time was as promised. Slight issue with misalignment of the metal roofing around our dormers initially but was fixed quickly on a follow up visit after calling our account manager.

Job Price

Thanks for your review. We try to be as quick as possible to resolving any outstanding issues, thank you for noticing!

1 review London, ON

Sales guy was great and very informative. The company that was contracted to do the install was great as well. The only issue we had was trying to get in contact with anyone after the job was done to fix some issues afterwards. It took many tries before we got in contact to have a leak fixed. Once they did come back they were able to fix a seal and all had been fine since then.

Job Price

We appreciate your feedback. Sometimes during the busy season there can be a waiting period for our service crews to arrive and resolve the issues. Thank you for your patience.

Dws in london
4 reviews London, ON

Called for a quote, Sales Rep/John Drapala stopped by, very informative. No pressure to book but book I did!
The two man crew started the project within two weeks and worked very hard and professionally in every way, nice folks!
Results are beautiful and strong, very satisfied with all aspects of the project performed by ECO-METAL.
Would recommend them to family and friends for their fair pricing , workmanship, and friendly staff.
Well done gentleman, Thank You.

Job Price

John Drapala thanks you for your review! We would appreciate it if you would recommend us, thanks!

Doug H in Toronto, Ontario Canada m9v4t1

I would like to state how happy I am with the installation of the new metal roof on my house from start to finish.

Thumbs up to the salesman Neil Ostrom for the professionalism and patience during the selection of the design and color, no pushy sales tactics. The material showed up on the date promised, the work was completed also on the date promised.

The installers (5 guys) had the old roof off in 2 hours, they even started installing the strapping at the back while 2 guys where still removing the old roof at the front..impressive...They answered all my questions about the installation and the do's and don'ts down the road.

The clean up was very thorough, they even had a powerful magnet on wheels that picked up metal pieces and screws all round the house, even on the grass.

I would highly recommend this company if you want a stress free roof installed.

I love my new roof and more importantly so does my wife :).

Cheers

Doug H.

Job Price

Hello Doug, thank you for your review. Neil and the crew are warmed by your words. We do our best to leave your property as clean as possible, thank you for noticing!

We visited their showroom here in Mississauga. The Manager show us the metal roof materials and the colors we want to choose. Then he gave us their best salesman to deal with. Actually we search for other competitors. But their saleman is quick to contact us and talk to us about the products. Even the guys who installed the roof are very good in installing the roof. Actually we are the first one in our street who has the metal roof. we love it.

Job Price

Thank you for this review, we try to be as attentive to customers as possible!

Peter J in London
1 review London, ON

We were pleased with our experience with this company. It was easy to get an estimate. They brought samples of the roof showing colour and design. The roof was on in two days. They were quick and installed with quality workmanship. Everything was cleaned up. We were well satisfied. Peter Liz Jackson

Job Price

Hello Peter and Liz, we are happy that you are satisfied with the installation. We are trying to be as clean as possible on a job site, thanks for noticing.

Arctic Boy in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Review for a London Eco-Roof Installation

Review for a London Eco-Roof Installation
My roof installation was a late winter early spring job that ran from March 6th to May 10th 2017, a total of 66 calendar days. In fairness there were many days when the Ottawa weather was too inclement for crews to work outdoors
Day 1 The first crew arrived at about 2:00 pm while a freezing rain alert was in effect. They started to install the membrane then knocked off when the freezing rain started about 4:00 pm.
Day 2 No crew because of the freezing rain.
Day 3 A new crew arrived to take over the job informing me that the first crew (anxious for the work) had jumped the gun before the job had been allocated. This new crew made good progress finishing the membrane and starting the horizontal strapping. The weather kept the crew away from site for several days after this.
Day 7 Metal and metal accoutrements arrived today on a skid (weather alert in effect). Crew worked until about 2: pm when the freezing rain started.
Days 8 - 9 Weather conditions prevented crew from making an appearance.
Day 10 Crew used leaf blower to search for and uncover materials buried by heavy snowfall.
Day 11 Crew had a full productive day. They got back of house covered in metal.
Days 12 -14 No work possible due to bitingly cold temperatures.
Days 15 -16 Two more good productive days. Crew broke a skylight. They managed to locate and install a replacement within a day...
Day 17 Snow. Crew couldn’t work.
Day 18 Saturday March 25th. Two-man crew worked on bay windows.
Day 19 Sunday Monday March 25th Full crew worked on overhang.
Day 20 Crew worked on chimney cricket (rain diverter). At the end of the day the crew chief showed me some pictures of the work done, informed me that roof installation was completed. He had me fill out a mini questionnaire and asked for payment. In full... I proceeded to write him a cheque for the full balance owing.

Day 21 Did a walk about from a distance and noticed that at one corner of the roof a section of the membrane hadn’t as yet been covered with metal. The job in effect was not finished. Had I known this I would not have issued my cheque. I phoned the crew chief to inform him of the discrepancy. He said he was cognizant of this fact but had neglected to inform me. He said he had to have a part manufactured and that he would be back to rectify the problem as soon as the part became available, probably in the next week. I asked him to have the skid of left-over materials removed from my driveway so that I could start using it to park my car.
Day 28 Skid still in driveway. Raining heavily. The cricket not doing its job correctly as water is running down each side of chimney which is certain to stain the stucco,
Day 29 Finally after much effort, was able to reach crew chief by phone. He is still awaiting part to finish roof.
Day 30 Raining heavily but skid was removed today thus I can once again park in driveway.
Days 31 -33 No action
Day 34 Sent text to crew chief who texted back that from now on I am to deal directly with the shop. He was effectively washing his hands from the whole affair.
I phoned the gentleman who sold me the roof (sales rep). He said he would look into my case immediately.
Day 35 The sales rep called me as promised and we made an agreement to meet so that he could see the situation firsthand.
Day 36 Sales rep, took pictures and assured me that a specialty crew would effect the repairs sometime in the next week.
Day 37 -54 No sign of specialty crew as yet. (I am very patient)
Day 55 Phoned my sales rep who informed me that my concerns would be addressed by the first available crew. It appears that all the Ottawa crews had been assigned to sites in Toronto.
Day 56 Made foray into attic to view the ridge ventilation system. The system as it was installed definitely was non-functional. This is a major oversite. The attic ventilation through the ridge line is the main reason I opted for the London Eco-Roofing installation.
Sent email to my sales rep listing all discrepancies and concerns.
Day 57 The sales rep, at my suggestion forwarded my email to the managers/owners of the Ottawa operation. He also advised me to contact the principals by phone... He apologized for the treatment I was getting.
Days 58 -60 Tried contacting “head office” by phone. It was after working hours thus I reached some sort of answering system to which I left a message requesting a call back. No one called back.
Day 60 I called during the day and succeeded in getting to talk to one of the principals at head office. He said he would send a crew over to take stock of the situation. . Crew arrived a 6:30 pm, did a walk about to apprise themselves of the scope of the job. They now know the problems and have a plan of attack.
Day 66 Friday May 5th. The specialty crew arrived back ready to effect repairs. I tried to get them to remove the ridge covering so as they could cut a slit in both sides of the ridge (only one side had been cut). They said they would have to practically remove the whole roof to do that and insisted that repairs could be made from the attic. They had their way and were able to cut, from the inside, the overlay which was blocking the one slit. They said the system would work just fine with just one side of the ridge cut,
As you can imagine, I am not impressed with London Eco-Metal Roofing’s crew allocation or oversight of the work the crews are contracted to perform. The quality of the finished roof depends as much on the work ethics and capabilities of the installation crew as the product itself.
Had I not inspected my roof myself my house we would have had no attic ventilation at all. Probably 90% of homeowners do not have the wherewithal to inspect the job from the attic. I wonder how many, after a new metal roof is installed, have no attic ventilation due to rushed or shoddy workmanship by the installers.
London Eco-Metal Roofing should have more quality control and provide more oversight to ensure that the customers get what they contract for.
I am satisfied with my new metal roof. I t looks great and has been well tested with the torrential rains the Ottawa region has experienced this spring and early summer.. I am pleased to report that there has been no leaks.

Ken in Mississauga

London Eco metal roofing did a good job. They were very professional and did the job quickly. They did a good job cleaning up. I would recommend this company for all metal roofing jobs. Price was very competitive.

Job Price

Hi Ken, thank you for your review! Please do recommend us, we appreciate it!

1 review London, ON

I always liked the look and durability of a steel roof. When I decided to get some quotes, Peter was very responsive and answered all my questions. The price was lower than what I was expecting, about 50% higher than asphalt shingle. The installation was done over 10 days in January / February. The installation crew was very professional. Everything was clean and tidy. I couldn't be happier. I'm looking forward to getting a steel roof installed on my cottage when needed in a few years.

Job Price

Thanks for this review! You are correct, our roofs are definitely more durable and more presentable than a shingled roof.

More about London Eco-Roof Manufacturing

London Eco-Metal is the leading metal roofing manufacturer and installer based out of London, Ontario. They service all of Ontario and east to Montreal with convenient showrooms located throughout Ontario. With 4 great profiles and a large choice of colours, there is a roof for everyone, at great factory-direct prices. London Eco Roof is your choice for Affordable Metal Roofing .Contact us today to receive a free quote!