We purchased a roof over a a year ago. To this day they have not finished the installation. While the roof looks beautiful, you must consider getting the snowguards otherwise you risk damage or injury. Starting from the beginning, we wanted to purchase a roof that would last. This company offers a great warranty and the product looks wonderful. While we have not had a structural roof issues we have experienced several other problems:
1. During installation there were several steel screws left and strewn through our yard. The install happened at the end of the winter in 2018 and as the snow melted our young children found many in the yard. We were lucky for no injuries.
2. They did not install any snowguards as they said they were on back order. Initially this was not a problem, however it has grown into a major issue. As part of the purchase process, they ask you if you want to waive snowguards, WE DID NOT WAIVE. We knew they were important to slow the movement of snow during the melt.
3. They used an install method of raised over the old roof shingles rather than stripping the roof and going from the sub-roof. DO NOT DO THIS if you live in a location with squirrels or chipmunks. Over the course of several weeks following the install, these critters got underneath and ripped apart the water/weatherguard protection. Essentially that material ended up off the roof and spread all over my yard. Completely useless to the roof.
4. Upon completion they assured us the snowguards were coming, but we had to settle payment. DO NOT PAY THEM UNTIL THE EVERYTHING IS COMPLETE - INCLUDING SNOWGUARDS.
5. By November, despite several reminders our snowguards had not been installed - although they had been paid for. The first snow flew and NO SNOWGUARDS.
6. Finally they came to do the garage and front door snowguards around the end of November, but they did not do the rest of the roof as per their marketing materials and purchase contract.
7. As expected, and with a large snowfall in Ottawa, the snow started falling off the roof and destroying decks and gazebos, narrowly missing our dog one day coming in from the back.
8. Despite several communications, NO RESPONSE, NO ACTION...NOTHING.
Steel roofs are great products. Our family recommends metal roofs, but if you can use another company go in that direction.
We used this company with great hope and desire for a new product spending the extra money to beautify and ensure the house has a lasting installation with very little maintenance until we retire or move. We are now facing over $6000 in damages because this company did not finish the installation. No matter what you do, with a steel roof get the snowguards. When they eventually installed the snowguards in the front around the garage and door we had NO PROBLEMS, NO DAMAGE and NO INSTANCES OF NEAR MISSES - with people or animals. To this day they have not finished the installation. Be wary, be clear and do not pay until they do the entire roof including snowguards.