Pool Buoy Corp.

Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
1840 Eglinton Ave W Toronto ON M6E 5B2

Reviews for Pool Buoy Corp.

David G in York
David G in York

leakage fix expert

Larry is professional guy who came punctually and fixed the leak in about 1 hour, he is friendly and also educated me how to properly maintain my pool. Even couple of months later, when I met some difficulty about closing my pool, he was still as patient and friendly as before and offered me professional advice. So in general Larry is a Pro as well as good friend, just a phone call away ! You won't feel sorry using his service ! Strongly recommend.

David,

Thank you for the kind words and good luck with the closing!

All the best,

Danilo in Stittsville
Danilo in Stittsville
0 reviews Milton, ON

Reliable Service and Reasonable Rates!

We had Larry come out to perform a leak detection on our pool. He was very polite, professional, and efficient. He explains the process very clearly, patched the holes in the liner on the same visit, and no leak ever since. A true pool leak professional.

Danilo,

Thank you for your business! Please give us a shout if you ever have any issues or questions.

Take care,

Joe in Vaughan
Joe in Vaughan

Pool leak repair

My pool was losing water. Pool Buoy came in and tested everything from liner, jets, skimmer, lights, pump, etc., and found my leak. They were fast, professional and reliable. Awesome!

Joe,

It was a pleasure doing business with you! The espresso was much appreciated after a long day.

All the best,

Yuriy in Toronto
Yuriy in Toronto

But my pool is still leaks

The reason I booked Larry is the good reviews on Homestar. Larry did his job professionally, he found eight leaks, sealed them, and checked with his tool that there are no leaks anymore with 100% confidence.

At the end I asked Larry, whet he thinks about our liner conditions. It is 14 years old. Larry answered that that liner could last for e few more years.

After a couple of weeks, I noted that we still lose water. I blamed hot weather and did not pay attention, trusting Larry’s device that indicated no leaks. Eventually, I repeated my bucket test and found that we have leaks. I sent Larry e-mail. He answered:

*********
Hi Yuriy,
Have you done a bucket test to compare evaporative loss to actual loss? You can still evaporate if the heater is off. My pool has lost 1 inch in 3 days in similar conditions. There is a lot more evaporation at the beginning and end of the year.
Check the patches to ensure there aren’t any issues if you haven’t done so. I know my water loss computer registered no more water loss before I left.
If that’s not the issue, a full inspection will be required at full cost as we are past the warranty period.
**********

I did not answer that e-mail because I did not see any sense in doing this. We decided to replace the liner first thing in Spring.

I am not sure how should I rate Larry’s job. From one hand, he looked professional and presumably done his job. From another hand, as result, I have a leaking pool and $500+ of the financial loss.

I am not sure what is the reason. Maybe Larry missed some leaks, but perhaps not. It is possible that our liner is too old and new leaks appear after two weeks after Larry was gone. But Larry said with confidence, that my liner would last a few more years.

I don’t know what to say, but I cannot rate him more than two stars since the result is unsatisfying.

Yuriy,

I want to take this opportunity to clarify a few things in response to your review.

First and foremost, our company warranty is 14 days as stated in our email, PDF information guide that we sent you, invoice, and the Terms and Conditions you acknowledged and agreed to when you filled out the Customer Intake Form on our website. You contacted us 6 weeks after the appointment (as indicated in the email screen shot - Google Drive link). You asked us to advise you to which we did promptly. Unfortunately, you did not allow for us to continue this dialogue by not responding to our email.

Secondly, I ran the LeakAlyzer Water Loss Sensor immediately after I applied the patches and the unit indicated that the pool was not leaking. I showed you the results before I packed the unit away. Luckily, I keep all my LeakAlyzer records and have attached them in the Google Drive link below.

Thirdly, I always tell customers the average lifespan of a liner is 10-15 years. I never give estimates or predictions on how long a customer’s liner will last as there are many unknown factors that cannot be predicted. My goal is to try and help my customers to get as much life out of their liner as possible and educate customers on best practices.

Please review the supplementary documents provided in the Google Drive link below.

Eric
Eric

Leak reapir

When I opened my pool in early May, the water level was dropping at a rate of about 1.0"-1.5" per day. After reading some Homestars reviews and speaking with a few places, I came across Pool Buoy!

Larry came by a day or so later and completed a full in-water analysis (took about 2.0 hours), found the issue (a crack in the shallow-end fiberglass stairs), walked me through my repair options... AND came back a few days later to check-in and ensure the fix he applied was working as expected!

Friendly, professional, and understands the meaning of good customers service! What more could I ask for.

I hope I don't have any more pool leaks, but if I do, Pool Buoy will be my only phone call.

Thanks Larry!

Eric,

It was a pleasure meeting you!

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Nelson Lopes from Mississauga
Nelson Lopes from Mississauga

Pool leak repair

Larry was very thorough and detailed in his work and communication. He was able to find the leak (cracked pipe) which has been a problamatic and expensive issue for the last couple of years! Highly recommended.

Nelson,

It was a pleasure doing business and chatting with you. I'm glad I was able to bring some clarity to the issue.

I'm always a phone call away.

Larry.

Connie in Toronto
Connie in Toronto

Would highly recommend

Larry is very professional, thorough, and gets the job done!! We had 2 other pool companies to try and fix our pool leak but The Pool Buoy was the only company that fixed it. I would highly recommend him. Thank you Larry.

Thank you very much, Connie! Enjoy the pool!

Roy in York
Roy in York

Repair

Larry is very professional in leaking detection and repair.
Came on time as scheduled. Checked the pool thoroughly and detected the leaking spots with top equipment and repaired my pool. He explained thoroughly and clearly where are the leaking spots and told me the possible cause and how to prevent the future leak. He is honest and polite.
Strongly recommend him to anyone who has pool leaking problems.

Thank you for the review, Roy! All the best.

wendy in Toronto
wendy in Toronto

professional pool leak detection service

Larry is very busy during the summer and scheduled an appointment for our pool leak detection with his earliest time he can arrange. He arrived in time and found the small hole on the side of the liner just in first 10 mins and performed all other checking including pipe , skimmer etc. by electronic equipment.
We are satisfied with this service and would recommend to others.

Hi Wendy,
Thank you for the review. Hopefully, you're enjoying the pool this weekend!

Corey D  in Mississauga
Corey D in Mississauga

Leak Detection

I highly recommend Pool Buoy if you're worried about a leak in your pool. Larry was very responsive and accommodating when arranging an appointment, and punctual, professional, friendly and very thorough in his inspection. He explained every step he was taking in the inspection process and has very sophisticated equipment to ensure the smallest leaks are found. I was very impressed with his service and have no complaints at all.

Hi Corey,

It was a pleasure doing business! All the best!

Larry

More about Pool Buoy Corp.

"Your pool leak detection specialists" Pool Buoy Corp. specializes in pool leak detection and repair services for the Greater Toronto Area, York, Halton, Peel, Hamilton and Kitchener regions. Our company’s focus has shifted to pool leak detection services after many years of providing general pool services in order to provide ...
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Toronto?