Sunrise Roofing

Joe in Aurora
Joe in Aurora
7 reviews Aurora, ON

Roof and eavestrough replacement

We recently had Sunrise replace our roof and eavestrough and are so happy that they were recommended to us by 3 other neighbours who had used them in the past 2 years. The team is very meticulous and do a bang up job! All the aspects of a quality job was put into their job and Andy is the most courteous person of all the companies I had quote and carried out everything he promised to do. He's just completed another neighbours roof and has 4 more in the neighbourhood scheduled! I would definitely use them again and highly recommend Sunrise!

CAM in Mississauga
CAM in Mississauga

Roof installations

We used Sunrise Roofing to change my roof approximately 4 years ago.

This week several of the shingles blew off due to the crazy high winds we experienced. I immediately called Andy thinking it was a long shot he would return to repair the missing pieces as it was still under warranty.

To my surprise he sent out a team during the snow storm and repaired the missing pieces.

I would recommend Sunrise and Andy to everyone as their company takes responsibility and are accountable for their work.

JDS  in Markham
JDS in Markham

Recommending Andy and Sunrisr

We are very pleased with Andy and Sunrise. Andy and team were very curtious, professional and efficient. He was also very patient with the externally imposed delays and provided a highly competitive quote. I highly recommend Sunrise!

Replace Roof

Andy is a real gentleman to deal with. Very honest individual, punctual, perfectionist, takes pride in his work. Exceptional workmanship in just one day on a 5,000 sq ft roof, other roofers stated 3 to 4 days. In addition to excellent job on roof, his crew did an amazing clean up. Pls call Andy, you will not regret it.

drbobg in Toronto, Ontario Canada M6A1S9
drbobg in Toronto, Ontario Canada M6A1S9

Great Job at a Fair Price

Andy and his crew did a great job on a difficult roofing replacement; cleanup was superb; they showed up when promised with an efficient crew. Would highly recommend SUnrise. Price was not the lowest but far from the highest.

Amanda in Toronto
Amanda in Toronto

Roof

Excellent job, Andy came highly recommended by a friend who did exstensive research and I would definitely recommend to others! Great and friendly crew! Thanks Andy we are so happy with our new roof!

Richard in Toronto
Richard in Toronto
1 review King City, ON

Excellent Job

We were very pleased with the job. On time and exactly as promised. Phone calls returned promptly. Site was left spotless. No hesitation in recommending Andy and the Sunrise crew.

Bernard Green from Toronto
Bernard Green from Toronto

Roof replacement

Andy and his crew started the work when they said they would. Finished the entire job in one day. Cleaned up very well. He apologized for covering some of the shrubs with a tarpaulin but explained that he had no choice.
Happy to recommend Sunrise Roofing.
Helene Green

Dave3 in Toronto
Dave3 in Toronto
1 review Whitby, ON

Replacement roof

I called the the owner (Andy) for a quote because I had seen his trucks in the area and had seen some of the jobs he had done on surrounding streets. On the day of our consultation, this large tow truck pulls up with a big sunrise van on the back. Despite someone rear-ending his parked van, out of the passenger side of the tow truck comes Andy to provide the quote. Couldn't believe what I was seeing but this shows his true character and should be a lesson for any contractor. We hired him on the spot.

On the day of the job, Andy and 7 of his crew pulled up to the house exactly at the designated time and began their work. They laid tarpaulins all around the house and protected relevant doors and areas with large pieces of plywood.

Andy is the boss but is also one of the crew. He worked almost the entire time alongside his crew not only doing the roofing job but also providing guidance to his team and interfacing with me during the job.

Positives:
The job was done very professionally. Andy and his crew know their stuff.
On time and very efficient. At one point, Andy called in four additional crew to help finalize the job in order to complete by end of day.
Excellent value for the money. We received a new roof for a reasonable cost.

Negatives:
As others pointed out, Andy is really the only person that speaks good English. While this had no impact to me, it is worth mentioning.
They used a style of installation for our roof called racking. You can look this up on the Internet. While this is very efficient from an installation perspective, there is some controversy about this method. I understand it does not affect warranty, but most agree this is not the preferred method of installation. I watched the crew do the installation and while they installed the roof correctly, had I known about this style choice, I would have preferred that they used the staircase method. Again - consider value for money.
We ordered a black on black architectural shingle for our roof and simply expected that they would use black steel valleys to match that colour. Instead, Andy used a Dark Brown coloured steel valley. I didn't notice this until after the job was done. While you can't see the brown in regular light, unfortunately at the right time of day the colour shows through. I spoke to Andy about this and he stated that for efficiency, they only use one colour. When I showed him that it is not really preferred, he agreed to ensure that other customers are made aware of this and at least are given a choice.

Overall, Andy and the crew did a great job. My wife and I are very happy the roof and would certainly recommend Andy to anyone.

Dave

Zeev from Markham
Zeev from Markham

Sunroom Roofing

Andy (the owner) and his crew were professional to assess my current roof situation and provide me with a quote. We agreed on timing, they showed up on time and did a great job removing the old roof and installing ice/water shield and a new roof over it. All worked out well. The only reason I rate it at 9 and not as 10 is some language barrier I had with the crew while Andy was attending another matter (most of the crew does not speak English). They're all fantastic guys you can rely on!