Cardel Homes

Mildred Batky in San Francisco
1 review Montreal, QC

BAD BAD EXPERIENCE

Oh where to start?
-Took possession on 11/21/17 now 01/08/18 would not give an extension though property was not ready for possession.
-Feel like we are living in Moon Crater. The infrastructure in community ...well...there is none to really speak off. No roads, no backyard, no greenery, no park, no paved driveway. The builder has stated maybe we will have a driveway by next August but couldn't give an exact date.
-Cardel has very poor customer service. (Worst customer service We have EVER EVER experienced).
-The company seems to have an elitist attitude in that they are doing the customer a favor by even selling us a home. Shame on you.
-We are older and had our son take care of many of the details of the transactions and he, I and my husband had an unbelievably difficult time having a simple phone call returned. Had to have Alberta devision intervene to have a call returned from Ottawa management.
-The home is subpar, to many problems to list.
-Our master Bathroom toilet is equivalent to an outhouse.
-The development is in Millers Crossing in Carleton place and there is no phone, internet or cable service in place by either bell or Rogers (the only two providers). Those two companies as well as an inspector have all stated no home in development should have been closed until basic cable, phone and internet service were available. We cannot even make a call if there is an emergency.
-The few residents in the town home section that bought new in October still have no cable, phone or internet and now it is Jan 08 2018 and none in sight or scheduled. 3 MONTHS!! RIDICULOUS!!
-The home has had way to many problems. Many issues found by Inspector were never addressed. The garage had to be torn apart with the exterior rebuilt as the elevation was incorrect. We fear the builder never had proper permitting in place to make changes after the errors were found with elevation and have refused comment or proof or permitting. Give us the paperwork requested or an explanation as to why it is not needed but communicate.
-After home closed builder may have entered home to attempt work without written or verbal permission. They need to confirm or deny but COMMUNICATE with us! (We were out of town and closed form the United States. after Inspector and agent did walk through).
-We regret buying from this builder. Have dealt with other builders previously and they were a much better companies to deal with. We should have bought from another builder.
-To sum up dealing with this builder has been a miserable experience.

New Home

Building with Cardel was the worst decision of my life. I was expecting a good quality bad I got sloppy quality and very bad manners. When I tried to express my disappointment I was blackmailed that I either accept their poor quality or they sue me for not taking possession. Very, very bad manners and poor customer service skills. If you want to do a service to yourself, never, ever build with Cardel. They are a poor joke on the builders' market. Run away from Cardel as fast as you can and as far as you can.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Very dissatisfied.

Builder very difficult to get hold of by phone. Had several pages of unfinished items including exterior masonry work that was still not completed at closing on Parents new home.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Challenging company to communicate with.

The Ottawa division has been very difficult to communicate with. Having a simple phone call returned has proved challenging to say the least. The one bright spot has been the Alberta office that does return phone calls. This review is for a home purchased by parents.

poor construction from Cardel Home

My home was built by Cardel Home in 1998, found serious water damage on the dry wall, ceiling and floor of the upper, main and lower level this year, 2017. We invited Shaw Construction for inspection, and found out the problems were caused by the poor construction. The "white" paper should be installed under the "black" paper, but it is overlaying the black instead. it is the black paper that keep the water from seeping into the dry wall. With this incorrect install plus eh poorly framed the window, water comes in and created longstanding problems over the years. The lesson learnt from this is that never buy homes built by this company.

Condo Balconies

The balconies in our complex were not properly waterproofed. All owners have been forced to pay special assessments to redo the balconies. Cardel has refused to take any responsibility for the poor workmanship because the work was subcontracted, obviously with no oversight. If you must buy from this uncaring company, I strongly recommend an independent home inspection before the purchase, with special attention to balconies.

kng487 in Calgary
kng487 in Calgary

New Home in Quarry Park

New house was built by Cardel in Quarry Park. Garage was not level properly so there was little puddle left near the garage door. Unfinished basement was not roughed properly. Heat vent in the basement was not installed in the bathroom zone which caused major issue when developing basement and verified by the city inspector. Plumbing did not roughed in properly in the unfinished basement. CArdel inspector was careless. Tankless water heater was installed only 4 years and had problems. Cardel representative did not solve the issue. I will neither buy or build any house built by CArdel again nor recommend any friend to build house by CArdel anymore.

Frank from Ottawa
Frank from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

GO WITH ANYONE ELSE BUT CARDEL !!

Where to start. We went with CARDEL in Ottawa after reading good reviews. We had read about their past stucco issues but were ensured that these were isolated issues that had since been resolved - APPARENTLY NOT! Having over 25 years experience in construction myself, I told them the stucco flashing was not done correctly. CARDEL kept saying it was "the new way" it's done now. I asked for proof from the manufacturer and it was never supplied. I start seeing stucco repairs being done in my neighbourhood. Fast forward to our 2nd year warranty inspection and they finally ADMIT there are issues. They offer me one time slot to fix SOME if it. I could not attend that day so they decided to cancel ALL stucco repairs! Along with numerous other issues (parging, hardwood, stairs, poor drywall, walls not square, etc.) I regret ever letting these lackies build me a house. I highly recommend you go with anyone else but CARDEL.

Geoff in Calgary
Geoff in Calgary

New Home Build in Walden

My wife and I purchased our new home from Cardel last year and have been in the house for around 4 months now. The entire design and build process was phenomenal. Our designer helped guide us to what ended up being a beautiful finished product and also happened to be right on budget. When it comes to the construction side I was very pleased with the quality of work and the willingness to go above and beyond to ensure things are done to our satisfaction. They finished the house 1 month early (our request due to being out of our old house early) and delivered it to us with only seasonal items remaining (landscaping). I am 100% satisfied with the way things went and would not hesitate in recommending Cardel to friends/family/strangers on the street. When you build a non-custom home it's important to keep your expectations in line with reality. My new home is perfect for my family and was an absolute pleasure to build.