Cordell Mechanical Inc

Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Etobicoke  >  Cordell Mechanical Inc

Reviews for Cordell Mechanical Inc

Neil in Etobicoke
Neil in Etobicoke

In Floor Heating and Boiler room redesign

Aron is one of the best in this industry. Extremely knowledgeable and professional. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. I am very happy with the quality of work.

amy in toronto
amy in toronto

Boiler repair

Review for Cordell.

We experienced no heat last week from our boiler acting up. My husband was away and we were in a pretty lousy situation. I received Cordell's contact information from a good friend. Aron arrived within 90 min as he promised.
He diagnosed the problem quickly and got us heat within 45 minutes.
We know the boiler is on its last legs but I truly appreciated that he didn't go for the hard sell. Not having my husband there made the situation very difficult but Aron understood and handled it professionally. I couldn't be more thankful to have come across such honest and reliable people.

Replace boiler and ........

We run a fairly busy restoration firm in the city and its always refreshing to work with professionals. We met Aron through a referral After meeting them and checking out their referencesand decided to give them a shot to be our primary mechanical contractor. Our last contractor was completely unreliable and let us down too many times. We have now been working with Cordell for over 8 months now and are happy to say our clients have been very happy with the level of service they have recieved from them. We have gone through 4 contractors in 6 months. It's not easy to find a reliable professional to work with complex boiler and hydronic projects. They run an organized office and are on site when promised. Our standards of workmanship and service are high because our clients demand it. Cordell has done a great job of servicing their needs.
We are happy to have Cordell Mechanical as one of our trusted contractors.

Sincerly,

Frano Sain

President
Hero Response

Cathy from Woodbridge
Cathy from Woodbridge

Hot Water that's not

I live in a condo where my hot water is supplied as a part of the service. Problem is that the water wasn't really getting to my suite very hot. Complained for years to the management. Cordell figured it out, and fixed a 'slow tap' very quickly.

Pat monahan from Toronto
Pat monahan from Toronto

Gas furnace

I have used Aron at Cordell and before that his father Doug for 20 years. They installed a new gas furnace, hot water tank, new and more efficient rads which have all performed well. Aron services the furnace annually, has responded to emergency calls on weekends in the dead of winter. I wouldn't use anyone else.

John Chew from Toronto
John Chew from Toronto

Furnace repair

When we bought our first house, we took some bad advice and signed up with Enbridge to maintain our gas furnace. A few Februaries later, Enbridge declared our furnace unsafe and wanted an unreasonably large amount to replace it. A friend introduced us to Aron from Cordell, he installed a new furnace for us, and has maintained it ever since, with a professional attitude at a reasonable price.

Stuart in Deer Park
Stuart in Deer Park

rehabilitation & maintenance of steam heating system

In 2006, our apartment building's steam heating system was in bad shape, long neglected, run by an uninformed superintendent. We hired Cordell, and Aron took a personal interest in bringing the system back into a state of good repair. He recommended suitable additional controls, fixed the 60% of rad traps that had failed, fixed the 100% of F&T traps that had failed, tuned the system, and worked with me to ensure that we had the most efficient system possible. Our gas bill is half what it was, the system is now quietly reliable, and residents are happy.

Aron knows his stuff. (On the other hand, some of the guys working for him are a few coupons short of a blender.) But if Aron's your guy, you're in good hands. He's reliable, knowledgeable, and keeps his commitments.

Cordell is not the cheapest contractor; but you get what you pay for. (Or as my Newfie roofer said 25 years ago at my house, "you pays for what you gets." Pay a little for a bad job, pay a lot more to have it fixed.)

Overall, we are happy with Cordell and continue to have them maintain and service our heating plant. (25-suite apartment building, downtown Toronto).

Marc Anthoslous in Maple
Marc Anthoslous in Maple
2 reviews MAPLE, ON

replacing some radiators

I found this company from a friend that had previously used them, and I'm glad I did. I called a few companies and they all seemed nice over the phone but only this company had sent guys to my house that actually seemed like they new what they were talking about and not just telling me to call their office with my questions (like those other companies),
From when the job started to when it finished it was enjoyable, they had given me a great selection of rads to choose from, and the whole project was painless. They were very professional and courteous. I'm for sure gonna keep using them, and encourage other people to use them.

m o' meara in Toronto
m o' meara in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

boiler installation

Installed high efficiency boiler. It ran for 3 momths .Gas bills thru the roof. Discovered Cordell,the installer had not done a final check-up and left valve to expantion tank CLOSED. Refused to acknowledge fault,I'm out $ 3000 on 3 months gas bills and now will not return my calls for boiler service which in now kaput.(4 years old). Shoddy service and unreliable.A pity as Aron knows his trade but bad support.

Client made alterations to the system himself that caused the system to have this issue.

Sheetal in Toronto
Sheetal in Toronto

AC Repair and Thermostat

We asked Cordell to examine why our AC was not cooling the house down. They were able to diagnose and fix the problem with the AC unit however; the hourly rate charged should have been changed to a flat rate as it was a day long process and is equal to 1/3 the cost of a new AC installed and balanced.

Coredell also returned the a few days later to fix the thermostat which was wired incorrectly by previous owners but in the end they doubled the charge for a basic thermostat cost if I had known the cost upfront I would have bought and installed it myself.

The option was given to the client to replace the existing AC which was rotted on the condenser from dog urine. The client opted to work with what was there and in order to properly diagnose and resolve the issue, certain procedures need to be followed. The client was also given the option to purchase their own thermostat but chose to have us supply it. All pricing was given verbally to the client prior to the work commencing.

More about Cordell Mechanical Inc

Cordell Mechanical offers full heating and plumbing services, specializing in hot water (hydronic) and steam systems. We offer 24 hour emergency service or regular service by appointment by licensed tradesmen.