HomeStars  >  Roofing in Courtice  >  John McLellan Contracting Inc.

Reviews for John McLellan Contracting Inc.

1 review Orono, ON

John McLellan Contracting finally solved my leaking roof problem and finished off the Master Ensuite beautifully. They were professional, on time and the workmanship was excellent. I heartily recommend this company.

4kidsmom in Newcastle
1 review Newcastle, ON

If you are looking for someone who is thoroughly knowledgeable in terms of accessibility, I cannot recommend John McClellan more highly. He did a complete revamp of a bathroom to make it accessible for someone with mobility issues. Exceptional work and great attention to detail.

He also re-did the roof; re-did the outside porch; installed new garden door to make the deck accessible including the installation of a ramp and just recently, he installed an inner ramp, again providing more accessibility and safety.

This he did for my sister who is disabled. For me, not disabled, he renovated my kitchen and he installed a new roof.

John himself is fabulous; his front line people are excellent and his working staff are wonderful. I could not recommend John or his company more highly.

Sherry Funston

Thank you so much for this reference Sherry. Long term clients like you and Susan remind me of why I love my job. John

paul.ag.wilson in Milton
6 reviews Milton, ON

John and his conpany are great. I had damage to my roof, it was leaking into my bedroom. John came over and fixed it. Good job. However, I also showed him a foundation crack that I thought was a major issue; John calmed me down and said it was not. Gave me a quotation for fix, but also gave me the number of one of his main conoetitors for a second opinion. Wow, that is great service and integrity!

Jeffery in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Starting with the first visit by Mike to inspect and assess the nature and amount of work to be done; to the actual performance and completion of the job - this company is sheer professionalism, from start to finish.

The team comprising of team leader John (a true asset to the company!) and Dan were very friendly and went at great lengths to answer any questions I had as well as to explain anything else, which I might not have enquired about. It was a real pleasure relating with the team.

Then at the end of the job over two days, our home took on an added "character" that was never there before. The front of our home now have a distinct , unique and enhanced beauty about it, my neighbours can't stop complimenting me on what a great job the company did and how the beauty of our home stands out even more!

Now in the scope of the job, there were two small jobs that had to be done to two locks on two separate doors. I mistakenly thought that it was only one door and accordingly had John only work on the one. These were minor jobs which I myself could have done, however as they were there, Mike (the manager) on his first visit suggested that they could quickly attend to these for me.

It was not until my wife came home and pointed out to me that the front door lock should have also been fixed, that I remembered. Anyhow, as the team had already completed the job to my satisfaction and already left, and the fact that the other door was left due to no fault of John, I thought when I get the time, I will look at this on my own.

However, lo and behold, about one week after, I got a call from John, that he was going to be in the area and he was willing to drop by to complete this last bit of minor work for us. To say the least, I was blown away! I never expected that the company after being paid and completing the main work (on our front windows as well as replacing all the caulking around our entire house), that they would consider coming back out to my home to complete one little minor job!

This is what struct me most as the hallmark of a company that places importance on only the highest standards of professional conduct and ethical considerations. Placing the customer foremost before everything else. This job was completed between October 31 and November 1, and my family and I could not be more happy.

Without question, any company who is willing to go that extra mile, even for one minor job that was inadvertently omitted the first time around, I have no problems recommending to anyone. For a job well done for the price paid, I hereby recommend John Mclellan Contracting Inc. for all your home renovation needs. I will certainly be using this company again in the future.

Thank you for the amazing review. We are so lucky to have employees that truly care about our clients and echo the core beliefs of John McLellan Contracting Inc.

Kathleen in Kitchener
1 review Ajax, ON

Right from the start with the initial visit by Michael Dumas the professionalism was there. We were kept informed of schedule changes. The gentleman and his son who did the main work on the fence were fantastic. We would definitely use this company again. We are complete happy with the look and style of our new fence.

Thank you Kathleen for taking the time to write a great review. We look forward to future work. John

Michael Robertson in Toronto
1 review , ON

These guys are awesome. They did great work and were friendly and professional. Ours is a century farmhouse so everything is off level and needs a special touch. We highly recommend them.

Thank you Michael. Always a pleasure working for you and Janet. John McLellan

Michael from Oshawa
6 reviews Oshawa, ON

Our porch had begun to sink at an irregular angle and it was causing problems with the roof over our front door. We called John McLellan Contracting and got to work on planning what the porch would look like. Drawings were done and they made sure they captured how we envisioned it. Mark who built the porch was awesome, he put in long days and kept checking with us to make sure we were happy with it. After the porch was done he cleaned everything up and they came and took away the trailer within a day. The front porch looks amazing, and we sit out on it all the time. I highly recommend John McLellan Contracting, they are an excellent value for your money and we would definitely consider them for some interior projects we are considering in the fall.

Thank you. I hope you enjoy that front porch for many years to come. John McLellan

Phil & Nan in Pickering
1 review Whitby, ON

It started with a small leak around the chimney, followed by leaks in 3 other rooms.

Of the 3 companies we contacted, only 2 got back with quotes.

The sales associate from John McLellan Contracting Inc., Kris, gets '10 out of 10' for her presentation and explanations about how the job would be done and what materials would be used.

The folder with brochures and samples of the underlayments was informative. We discussed all the elements of a CORRECTLY installed roof, from the drip edge to the proper ridge vent (we have cathedral ceilings with no attic), the starter shingles, the stack boots and the proper cap shingles for the ridge vent. Since we have an electric fireplace insert, we wanted the chimney on the roof removed to avoid future leaks.

Kris explained that part of the reason our roof leaked was because the previous roofers only put a 3 foot ridge vent in, not a 30+ ft. ridge vent, which would have greatly extended the roof's life. Plus, she told us the bathroom stack should not be on the ridge.

Kris e-mailed her quote, in a timely manner, with detailed steps about what would be done on our job and the named products that would be used and the estimated cost.

Peggy (the Project Manager) and Kris also arranged for the roof to be tarped as a rain storm was expected the next day. If we did NOT hire them, we would pay for the tarping being done by their company. If we hired them to shingle our roof, we would NOT be charged for the temporary tarping of our roof. That is impressive.

We also had them replace all of the sheeting on the roof and the 30+ year old insulation. The added expense for that extra work and materials was worth every single penny. Our A/C runs less often.

Jeremy and his team of men did an excellent job. They were hard working and pleasant. Jeremy also said that where the ridge vent was missing, the shingles had caved in and were full of water!

They also cleaned our eaves troughs and cleaned up the yard and driveway really well.

We now KNOW we have the roof done properly, unlike 12 years ago.

Our experience with this company and our contact with every employee involved in the job was '10 out of 10'. They all represent quality and integrity. And we would highly recommend John McLellan Contracting Ltd. to anyone.

Thank you for sharing your experience with John McLellan Contracting Inc. Our success comes from clients like yourself. John

Nathan and Lindsay
9 reviews Whitby, ON

This company is astounding. Their professionalism and integrity begins with John McLellan when he comes to quote the project, and continues through all of their staff - office and site, as well as all of their subcontractors that we had dealings with. Our crew was Craig and Kate - and their communication and craftsmanship was top notch. They listened to us as the project unfolded, as there were a few things that needed to be tweaked - and everything came out exactly as we had planned. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a top notch renovator/contractor. You will be hiring someone who does everything above board - permits, inspections, etc. We have already had John quote a second job.
Thanks McLellan Contracting.

Thank you so much for the kind words. We look forward to many more jobs throughout the future. Best wishes for baby #2. John

Catherine in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

From start to finish, it was a top-notch experience (this work was done about 10 years ago). John and each member of his team is not only professional, but highly skilled. The quality of their work was superb. No pressure whatsoever, and John listened carefully when we described the work we wanted done. I believe we received a follow-up call to determine our level of satisfaction and if we had questions or concerns. Based on this experience I would recommend McLellan Contracting very highly.

Thank you very much for the kind words. John

More about John McLellan Contracting Inc.

Full service general contractor with specialized crews offering the following services: Wheelchair accesibility conversion and desgins for homes and businesses, GAF Master Elite Roofing, Certified VELUX Skylight and Sun Tunnel installation specialist, windows, doors, siding, environmentally friendly attic insulation, soffit/fascia/trough, custom bathroom renovations, commercial drywall and project management. Voted #1 contracting company in Durham Region 2009, 2010 and 2011 by Durham Business Times. Received the 2010 & 2013 Business Excellence Award of the year from the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade. Received the City of Pickering Access Award for Disability Issues 2014. Habitat for Humanity.
For all your home repair/ renovation needs, please book an appointment with one of our qualified customer representatives.

Some areas of expertise are:

- Bathroom Renovation
- Roofing
- Skylights
- Tuck Pointing
- Waterproofing
- Wheelchair accesibility conversion for homes or businesses.
- Windows & Doors