John Mc Lellan Contracting Inc.

General Contractors
3625 Pickering Sideline 26 (at HWY #7) ON L1Y 1A2
General Contractors
John Mc Lellan Contracting Inc.

Reviews for John Mc Lellan Contracting Inc.

Gerry
Gerry
9 reviews Pickering, ON

Leaking Outside Wall

I contacted John McLellan Contracting to correct a water leak on the front of our house. Their sales consultant Malcolm promptly came out and provided a detailed quote. The communication from this company is outstanding. Emails are quickly provided with details from start to finish.

Blake and Nathaniel were the contractors assigned to our job. The guys were exceptional in every way. Within the first hour of removing the vinyl siding and window trim boards they found the problem and provided me with pictures. They completely sealed the wall with Blueskin waterproof membrane. All exposed wood was metal capped including curved window trim boards. They installed new vinyl siding which matched our twenty year old siding. I personally watched the care that these guys put into our job and treated it as if it was their own home. They explained each step taken and the job site was left clean each day. Thanks to Kate for co-ordinating the material for our job.

I highly recommend John McLellan Contracting and will look forward to working with them again in the future.

Gerry, thank you for such a great review. We do look forward to working with you again. Call us anytime.

John McLellan

Jan3HomeStars61! in Port Perry
Jan3HomeStars61! in Port Perry
1 review Port Perry, ON

Second story deck repair (support beam and roof), Siding replacement (deck and dormer window), New lower deck enclosure, Brick repair.

The main support beam for the roof over our second story deck heaved approximately a foot resulting in damages to the interior of our home. John McLellan Contracting responded immediately, diagnosed the cause and a crew was on site within a few weeks to make the repairs. The roof was leveled and the deck support beam was exposed below grade and fully insulated to ensure the problem would not reoccur. All repairs were completed meticulously and the new siding installed on the roof of our back deck and the front dormer window and garage has transformed the look of our home. We have just contacted John McClellan Contracting again for bathroom renovations. Their team of knowledgeable, trustworthy professionals are second to none. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company for any home renovation/repair projects you may have.

Thank you for the kind review. We are also pleased with the results of the work and look forward to more jobs over the years to come.

John McLellan

carol in Toronto
carol in Toronto
1 review Pickering, ON

Roof, Skylight, Siding, Indoor repairs (new ceilings, drywall, skylight frame)

The workmanship is outstanding! The attention to detail, the commitment to having everything perfect, the ongoing communication between us and the professionals on site /office staff, and the expertise are all 10/10! The professionals who completed each job were reliable, arrived when they said they would, cleaned up everything until the next day and were a pleasure to work with. They treated the work here as they would if it were their own homes! We were so impressed, that we continued to hire the McLellan Team for other projects...all with a high degree of integrity and skill. I’ve never written a review before, but this
company deserves it!
(New Roof, vinyl siding front /back of house, new skylight with solar remote blind, new siding/waterproofing around existing front windows,
New evestroughs, downspouts, new drywall and repairs in upper/lower foyer, removal of popcorn ceilings, rebuilt the skylight inside frame with new drywall and paint, newly painted walls, installation of new doors/trim and casing and fresh new paint on these too!)

Thank you for such a nice review. Your home has had a fantastic transformation. We are all so proud of our work on your home.

Maggie
Maggie

My mother's porch

I have no hesitation in recommending this company to my friends and family. From the first time I shook John's hand I knew he was the one to help restore my mother's porch (after she'd been talked into applying stone work which eventually crumbled and fell off). I originally tied John's hands because I was only concerned with the fact that if it was not fixed her basement (under the porch) would eventually leak. I told him I didn't want it pretty I just didn't want further damage to her foundation. He gave me a solution but he said he wasn't happy with it. He had his Stone Mason, Ian, come out and look at the job and Ian assured him he could fix it and make it look beautiful for slightly more than the fix John recommended. They presented both quotes and after seeing that the stone work was really reasonable we decided to go with that. My mother was so pleased with the outcome, we all are, it's absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much John, I know that you stand behind your work and we will enjoy it for years to come.

Maggie Keefer

We are fortunate to have very skilled workers. Their most valuable skill is "Pride in their workmanship"

Thank-you for the kind review Maggie

3 reviews Whitby, ON

Bathroom renovation

The workers were friendly and courteous and very careful about cleaning up with a shop vac at the end of each day. They were also good about making sure my cats did not get out. They caused as little disruption as possible.

Thanks Marian, it was a pleasure working for you.

Over the moon happy in Ajax
Over the moon happy in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Baerier Free roll in shower

Oh my gosh, beyond excellent. I wish everyone could experience the excellent work we had done. From day one at talking to John about our need for a bearer free Rollin shower it was so comfortable. He is the best contractor. So professional, kind and knowledgeable. He put my husband and I at ease about doing the job for us. They were here on the date he said they would be. Now, to our team that we’re here everyday for 3 weeks. Jessey and Mark. These wonderful young men were the ultimate professionals. They were so considerate, respectful and polite with my husband and myself. I am not mobile and my husband has Parkinson’s disease. Jessey and Mark were like having our sons here everyday. So sweet to us. They treated our condo like they lived here. Drop cloths down, vacuuming at the end of each days work, on their hands and knees to wash the floors before leaving. They kept all their equipment and tools neat and in one place. I can not say enough about our team. I would have Jessey and Mark here to do any job were ever needed. Knowing our disabilities they were extra concerned for our safety. The project manager Ian would come by to see how everything was going. Ian is a very nice young man and very helpful if we needed anything. I could go on and on but I would be typing for days. This company is soooooooo awesome and trustworthy. I hope they will be in business for years and years and years. Thanks John, Ian, Jessey and Mark and the whole teams back at the offices. Yours truly Barbie and Larry.

Thank-you Barbie & Larry. It has been a pleasure working for you. Great customers help create great contractors.
Hope to see you again soon.

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Basement Restoration (after flood)

John McLellan and his team are a pleasure to work with. We’ve been hiring his company for 15 years to do various jobs on our house. Recently we had a flood in our basement and needed repairs after the insurance company gutted it. McClellan’s team added a backup sump pump, replaced stairs and repaired drywall. All tasks were completed in a timely manner and on budget. I would not hesitate to recommend McLellan to others.

Thank you Donna for the review, we look forward to many more years of future work on your home.

John Mclellan

Marshall in Toronto
Marshall in Toronto

Replace roofing

The salesman, Malcolm was very knowledgeable and provided good advice to get the best value for our money. Because they were so busy, it was 2 1/2 months after I signed the contract, which was good in a way, showing how popular they are. The crew of 5 or 6 men finally arrived, and immediately spread out tarps, helped clear furniture off the deck, and got to work clearing off the old shingles. The only slight issue was while working they had their equipment spread out all over my lawn and onto my neighbours' lawns. They weren't quite done the first day, so came back first thing next morning (Saturday) to do the garage roof. Before they started the garage they peeked in and noticed our sports car, so advised us to cover it to avoid the dust and debris falling on it...thank you! Cleanup was very well done, I walked around the house afterward, and found only 2 pieces of old roof, maybe 1 inch square, which is outstanding. The crew was very polite and respectful, worked quickly, but did a great job. Very highly recommended.

Thank you for this review Marshall, we appreciate you taking the time to help our future clients understand us.

3 reviews Whitby, ON

Replacement of concrete front steps and porch

The workers from John McLellan Contracting were friendly and efficient. They suggested capping my unused chimney, in addition to the original job. This is something I wouldn't have thought of. They always took the time to explain to me what they were doing.

Thank-you! It was a pleasure working for you. We look forward to your next job in September.

John in Whitby
John in Whitby

Storm damage

After phoning McClelland in a panic after roof antree damage I received a call back immediately, from John Mclellan himself they assured me they would take care of my damage and right on time next morning they were here to patch roof and to cut up and remove my large tree that had up rooted .I would recommend them for work done professional and quickly Great contractors

Thank you for the review John. We appreciate the kind words, John McLellan

More about John Mc Lellan Contracting Inc.

Full service general contractor with specialized crews offering the following services: Wheelchair accesibility conversion and desgins for homes and businesses, GAF Master Elite Roofing, Certified VELUX Skylight and Sun Tunnel installation specialist, windows, doors, siding, environmentally friendly attic insulation, soffit/fascia/trough, custom bathroom renovations, commercial drywall and project management. Voted #1 contracting company in Durham Region 2009, 2010 and 2011 by Durham Business Times. Received the 2010 & 2013 Business Excellence Award of the year from the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade. Received the City of Pickering Access Award for Disability Issues 2014. Habitat for Humanity.
For all your home repair/ renovation needs, please book an appointment with one of our qualified customer representatives.

Some areas of expertise are:

- Bathroom Renovation
- Roofing
- Skylights
- Tuck Pointing
- Waterproofing
- Wheelchair accesibility conversion for homes or businesses.
- Windows & Doors