The Renovators Of Canada

Reviews for The Renovators Of Canada

james warnock in Toronto
james warnock in Toronto

cambridge \kitchen renovation

They replaced my main level flooring and a kitchen renovation.
What an fantastic job!
The communication was great; Robbie kept me in the loop during the entire project and they even managed to come in under the projected time frame...very happy and would never use anybody else.

Hi Jim, we really enjoyed working with you on your project! Thanks for everything James! We look forward to working with you on your future projects! Robbie and the T-ROC Waterloo team.

DoneNow in Guelph
DoneNow in Guelph
0 reviews Guelph, ON

Kitchen Renovation

Sixteen weeks for a scheduled 4 week reno of our kitchen. Existing flooring that was to be kept having to be replaced at my cost, because of shoddy workmanship. Little effort made to protect existing floors to be kept. Even the Project Manager admitted that the work being done was of low quality. Live electrical wires left exposed for weeks at a time, until I complained. Workers not showing up when we were told, with no call. Workmanship of trim work of such low quality, I am going to redo the partial amount that was done and complete the rest. We were given a time line of work to be done, and had planned time to do painting of walls prior to the kitchen island installation by another company, but the work was not completed until weeks after the install. Painting is going to be much harder now.

We are sorry you did not have a positive customer experience with your renovation. Its difficult for T-ROC to manage timelines when the kitchen cabinets and counter tops are being completed by third party contractors or suppliers - especially given the lead time required by these companies from when the customer officially pays for the their order. It is also very unusual for T-ROC to supply poor quality workmanship as the team would have looked after any quality issues immediately. For a renovation to go well all parties need to work together to get the best result. We do appreciate your feedback and we will strive to be better in the future. The T-ROC Team.

The Snells in Markham
The Snells in Markham

Bathroom Reno and leak repair

We engaged TROC for a ensuite bathroom reno and to address a leak issued which had not been well handled by a prior contractor. We were very happy with the reno, Great design ideas using the existing foot print and not doing a total rebuild (i.e. focus on new shower space, toilet and tiles. The the trades were all very good and managed well.

Similarly the leak issue was addressed well. We really appreciated the perseverance and professionalism to get to end of job.

Thank you very much for working with us. We certainly enjoyed working with you! Dennis, Sean and the T-ROC Markham Team!

brendamryan
brendamryan

One new bathroom downstairs and one bathroom Reno upstairs

Very pleased with both baths. All the guys that came in were friendly and knowledgeable and did excellent work. Site Supervisor made everything from my end smooth and easy. Will definitely use TROC in the future. I have already recommended them to friends. 100% recommended!

Thank you for the kind words and support Brenda. It was an absolute pleasure working with you. We can't wait for your next project!
All the Best,
Dennis and The TROC Durham Team

Dafzal87 in Toronto
Dafzal87 in Toronto

Ikea sink installation

I bought a sink from Ikea and T-Roc were the installers. Everything was done up to code and was of a high quality. I was quite specific with my timing and they were happy to work around it. The entire project took about half a day and was done to a very high standard They offered solutions to any problems that rose up and were quick to follow up and fix the issue when my sink was leaking.

Overall, very happy with the work done.

Thank you very much for the review! Enjoy our new vanity. Paul and the T-ROC team.

David from Toronto
David from Toronto

Bathroom shower renovation

This company has great people and provides great work. The guys on-site were absolutely a pleasure and I'd work with them directly any day. This review however is mostly geared towards making other consumers aware of their management and pricing practice.

Four weeks ago I hired two separate trades to take on the work of: a) demolition of dry wall for shower and a second 2 ft. long wall, b) lay down lining and drain for a shower and c) build a 6 ft. shower barrier. I'm basically preparing for a walk-in shower, replacing a bathtub. My previous estimates were between $1200-1500 including time and material (and a 1 day turn around time). Unfortunately both trades ended up having to cancel the project at the last minute, massively delaying my work. Not uncommon in the contracting industry.

In desperation, T-ROC was recommended by a good friend of mine. Nasser and his guy came out to quote the work the night before. I made it very clear that I was in a bind and I needed the work done extremely fast and diligently (next morning by 11am latest for my next trade to do work). I expected an extra cost that would reflect the timing I was expecting. To my surprise, I was provided with a total cost of $2200+HST. Knowing the half day effort and material would be nowhere near this amount, I still accepted the amount to get the work done in time.

Right off the bat, their team was late and no supervisor was on-site to oversee the work. Although an apology was made by the labourer, Nassar was either oblivious or unapologetic to it. Worst however is that the team wasn't fully aware of the effort that was needed on the job site -- they hadn't been properly briefed or there was some severe miscommunication.

Half way through the work (I stuck around during the effort ALL day) I was then told of overages for $700 due to having to fix some studs behind dry wall - about 3-4 of them. According to my calculations that accounted for nearly $120 worth of material and an extra 60-80 minutes of effort. The price gouging clearly didn't stop and I felt I was being too taken advantage of. I approached Nassar and made him aware of my displeasure, to which he attempted defending with poor excuses of having to pick up material. I was given the option of picking up the material myself and I wouldn't be charged the extra $700. It however took my becoming intensely agitated for Nasser to understand the mistake he made in trying to extract even more profit from me.

The more ridiculous part is that T-ROCs sales team acts so very friendly and professional. They do a great job of making you feel like you're getting white glove service and being taken care of -- BEWARE! In the end, I guarantee you (and from what I've read on other reviews) they have a practice of maximizing their return at every moment possible. I paid my deposit the night before and I paid 2 hours after the work was confirmed done. I'm a person of my word and I did everything in my own to keep things on track. In the end though I couldn't believe the amounts being thrown at me when I could easily discern the value of the work. Aside from what I thought T-ROC was trying to make on their ridiculous margins, the quality of work WAS at the level I needed it to be at. In the end the labourers ended up being the saving grace of the project and avoiding a complete and utter travesty of a situation.

This is all unfortunate because the trade labourers are hard working and great fellows. Their bosses however prove to be unethical to the point that their tactics felt predatory. I hope everyone considering hiring them thinks twice or definitely make sure you get at least 3 other estimates to gauge how far off T-ROCs pricing actually is.

Hope this team turns their methods around. Good business is about providing a quality service and being recognised for it. These guys have their priorities in the wrong place. Very unfortunate. Best of luck though.

Hi David, as hard as it is to read your comments Thank you for your candid review. These reviews make us better contractors and definitely don't go unheard. We apologize for your experience and would be happy to somehow make this up to you as we do pride ourselves in being open and honest with our customers. Sincerely, Perry Curiston.

Simon in Toronto
Simon in Toronto

Basement renovation

Super friendly. Anytime I had a question they would reply quickly. All the contractors showed up when they said they would. Workmanship was amazing from electrical, plumbing, drywallerss to painters. Very highly recommended.

Hi Simon, thank you for the kind words. We look forward to your next project. Enjoy the new space!!
Dennis and the TROC team.

Gail f.
Gail f.
2 reviews Guelph, ON

Flooring installation

I am extremely happy with the work done. The quality of work and attention to detail was excellent. I would highly recommend your services.

Thank you Gail, we enjoyed working with you!

Bathroom renovation

Bathroom finally turned out ok but took months to complete with many issues. Some good trades but staff were very inconsistent and unreliable. I’d rather spend a little more then deal with these issues.

Sorry, not sure who this is or what the issues were. If this is a real customer, issues could have all be resolved with communication. The T-ROC Team.

Linda in York
Linda in York

Complete home renovation

After a year of planning our fairly significant renovation, we engaged with a contractor to begin work in Sept 2017. After a short time, we expressed concern with the progress made as well as, the workmanship and quality with parts of the renovation. After enlisting the help of Perry (President, TROC) and Todd (Project Manager, TROC, York North branch) with wanting to make our renovation “right”, we engaged with this team to continue completing our renovation. From the get go, they were focused on us, the customer and our expectations, and immediately put our minds to ease. They executed on the plan, maintained regular communications, and said and completed what they claimed they would. A special mention needs to also go to John, who corrected many mistakes that were made with the previous contractor and his workmanship and quality is bar none. We were also very pleased with Dan and the other trades that were brought in to complete our renovation. We are tremendously grateful to Perry, Todd, and team for resurrecting our renovation and for helping us realize our vision. We couldn’t be happier and would not hesitate to use this team (TROC, York North branch) again or to recommend to family and friends.

Thank you very much for the review Linda. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Pauline. Your house has been beautifully transformed into an open and welcoming place, a place you can feel proud off when you walk through the front door. If there is anything we can do with you in the future please give us a call. Todd and the T-ROC team.

More about The Renovators Of Canada

Why choose The Renovators of Canada? For over the past 15 years The Renovators of Canada has grown to locations in Durham, Aurora, Stouffville, Markham, Vaughan, Toronto, Hamilton, Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo, Barrie, Brantford, and London. Unique to the industry, The Renovators of Canada provides a 10 year warranty on all craftsmanship. This home renovation warranty protection was established to provide peace of mind as home and business owners contemplate renovating a personal or commercial space. Included with the warranty is a complimentary follow-up visit one year after the completion of all renovation projects. T-ROC is a Baeumler Approved Contractor, fully licensed and insured including WSIB. Other affiliations include memberships with the National Kitchen and Bath Association, CARAHS, Better Business Bureau. We have a proven track record working with our customers with full transparency in every aspect of your project. Can’t be present all the time during the renovation process? No worries, we have specialized client software that allows you to see the entire schedule and pictures as the project happens in real time. We care for your home like it’s our own and always conduct ourselves respectfully and professionally. With our motivated and innovative professionals we will transform your house and make your dream home a reality. Visit our website at www.trocanada.com

Bathroom Renovation, Home Additions, General Contractors, Kitchen Planning & Renovation, and Basement Renovation
Custom Homes, Home Additions, Kitchen Cabinets, Kitchen and Bathroom accessories, Flooring, drywall, Light fixtures, tiles, hardwood flooring, engineered wood flooring, windows, doors, garage doors,
Kitchen Renovation, Bathroom Renovation, Basement Renovation, plumbing & electrical (subcontracted to Licensed Trades), drywall, tiling, granite, custom cabinetry, painting, basements, Renovation Consulting
Bain Ultra, Ultra Bath, Artisan manufacturing corp, Azzura, Blanco, Brizo, Caesarstone, Cambria, Caml Tomlin, Contrac, Delta, Diamastone, Doors & More, Oduravit, Elkay, Emtek, Fairmont Designs, Foremeost, Franke, Grohe, Hansgrohe, Insinkerator, Oceana, kallista, Kindred, The Bold Look of Kohler, Maax, Maax Collection, Mirolin, MOen, Motiv, Mr. Marble, Native trails, Newport Brass, Novanni, Olsonite, OS&B Palmer Industries, Panasonic, Price Phister, Robern, Ronbow, Runtal Radiators, Slik portfolio, Soma Foremost, Sonoma Forge, Sterling Portfolio, Stone Forest, Supreme, Lighting,Thermasol, Tidal, Kroy Surfaces inc., Richelieu, Silestone, Toto, Victoria Albert, Warmly Yours Radiant Heating, American Standard
Classic, Modern Contemporary, Victorian, mid century modern, Cape cod, French Colonial, Custom
Custom home builds, Kitchen Ronovation, Basement renovations, Bathroom renovations, Income properties, Home upgrades, green homes, house flips
2002
Cheques, Visa, Mastercard, Debit, email transfer
Fully Licensed
Better Business Bureau, Contractors for Home Service Club and Direct Buy
10 year waranty on craftmanship.