The Renovators of Canada

Reviews for The Renovators of Canada

DMM in Markham
DMM in Markham

Basement Renovation

Removal of hot tub and sauna and laundry room remodel Very professional courteous knowledgeable renovators who keep job site clean. They are on time and extremely responsive to our requirements

Thank you for the kind review. It was an absolute pleasure. We hope you enjoy the newly renovated space. We look forward to working with you in the future.
Dennis and The TROC Durham and Markham Team

Bathroom reno from hell

I'm not happy about having to write this, but I honestly wish someone had warned me before hiring TROC to do my bathroom.

I should mention at the start that I believe this may be a Toronto TROC based issue only.

I'm just hoping this blurb can help someone else out there avoid the trouble I encountered with these people.

In a nutshell, my experience with the Toronto TROC team was about as pleasant as going through a nasty divorce. Seriously. Just. Awful.

My bathroom reno took 10 weeks to complete and went waaay over budget. Like 50% over their highest original estimate. They originally told me it would be a 3-4 week job.

I realize renos can often last longer and cost more than originally expected. I was even prepared for this. I live in an older home. Stuff happens. I know.

But the amount of extra time they took, and additional money they charged me exceeded the point of being ridiculous.

Absolutely nothing went right on this job. Nothing.
It took them 10 weeks to renovate a standard bathroom in a Victorian house with no changes to the original location of the toliet, sink or shower.

They had to reframe my entire bathroom twice because they did it so poorly the first time. They had to lay down the floor tiles 3 times, and put in a heated floor twice before they got it right.

I could go on and on but I won't. Some parts got even worse.
It was just ugly.

On the bright side, Perry, the owner of the company, is a true professional and a gentleman. In the end he made sure everything got re-done professionally.

For every misstep the TROC team made, they made a correction. Sometimes it had to be done two or three times, but it got done. I really appreciated that. It just felt like pulling teeth though.

So here is my advice to you: unless Perry himself is overseeing your renovation (which in my case he wasn't) I'd stay as far away from these guys as possible--especially if you're in downtown Toronto.

There's a team here using the TROC name that I don't feel come close to producing the type of work that Perry has built his well earned reputation on. At least they didn't at my place.

Like I said at the start, I wish I didn't have to write this. I'm honestly not a complainer by nature, and have never written a review on anything before--good or bad. It's just not what I do.

My experience with TROC in Toronto was just so awful I couldn't in good conscious let someone else fall into the same situation I did.

I should also note that this work was done one year ago, so perhaps they have a new team in Toronto.

Hi Howard Brull, we apologize for what has happened. We do pride ourselves in our work and your 10 year warranty still stands. I appreciate your candid review and it makes me even more vigilant in ensuring the quality of the brand and that our operators are inspected and reviewed regularly. We changed our T-ROC Toronto operator approximately 3 months ago to ensure all customers receive the consistent quality we are known for. A couple points to mention, once we did the demo of your washroom your entire washroom floor was rotten and needed to be restructured resulting in additional time and we did retile the floor 2x, the reason was because the heated floor failed. Nuheat floors stepped up and replaced the floor (a great company), but we did have to remove and retile it. We do appreciate your feedback, Perry Curiston

pmcdowell in Unionville, Ontario
pmcdowell in Unionville, Ontario

Bathroom renovation (with a tub to shower conversion)

We are not new to home renovations, having done our whole main floor last year. We really wish we had known about The Renovators of Canada then as our experience this time around has been so much better.

From our initial consultations with Pina, through to the end of our project which was lead by Sean, it has been a pleasure working with these professionals. They have been careful to listen to what we want, confirming every detail throughout the whole project in an effort to ensure that the final product is exactly what we envisioned. We received online daily records with photos and received timely responses whenever we had a question or a comment of our own to post. Our renovation has come in on budget and on time.

The workmanship was well done. When there was a small glitch (there was only one), it was rectified right away. In particular, the tiling, which was a main feature of our renovation, was done with care, precision and an artist's eye -- our thanks to Luiz for doing such an excellent job!

All the people who worked in our home treated it with respect and care -- the job site was always clean at the end of the day and when the job was finished, you would never have known we had just gone through a renovation (other than the fact that our bathroom has been beautifully transformed!)

I wouldn't hesitate to call TROC again (and probably will) nor would I hesitate to recommend them to others. Our thanks again to Dennis and his whole team for such a positive experience!

Hi Pat, thank you very much for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and the outcome of your bathroom is absolutely gorgeous. We will look forward to your next Reno. All the best to you and enjoy the new space.
Dennis and the T-ROC TEAM

abecker
abecker
1 review Baden, ON

Basement renovation including stairs, trim, window and door jams.

The basement is now completely finished and it looks great. Justin from The Renovators of Canada (T-ROC) did an amazing job. He had great attention to detail and made sure everything was done right. We are very happy with the final product and will use T-ROC again and recommend them to our friends and family. If you have renovations to do, make sure you give them a call.

Thank you Adam, quality and service are our top priority. We appreciate your business very much. Robbie, Justin, and the T-ROC Waterloo team.

Jakob in Toronto
Jakob in Toronto
1 review Kitchener, ON

Kitchen and 2 Bathrooms

We started out with a complete renovation of out kitchen. We were so impressed with the work done that we decided to let T-RoC also do our 2 Bathrooms and we were not disappointed. It was a pleasure having them in our condo. They were very professional, friendly and the work was top notch. We will certainly call on them again if we need other work to be done. If we are ever asked by friends if we can recommend someone for a renovation, T-RoC will be the first we will be mentioning.
Again, great work!!

Thankyou Jakob! It was awesome working with you. You have a beautiful condo! Robbie and the T-ROC team.

D in San Francisco
D in San Francisco
1 review Peterborough, ON

Rental Property Renos

Dennis and the entire T-ROC team were a pleasure to deal with.
They do a great job of giving you an accurate budget from the start so there are no surprises along the way. Their quality of work is top notch.
I would highly recommend them and would not think twice before going to them for future projects!

We were happy to help you with your Rental Property D. It turned out great and you will be able to find some good tenants for your investment.

Dennis and The TROC Team

Scott Taylor from Whitby
Scott Taylor from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Ensuite Bathroom Reno

We decided to renovate our dated ensuite bathroom. We wanted new fixtures, a bathtub and had some plumbing issues to address. We went with TROC because of their emphasis on partnership and communication. Every contractor seemed to have examples of good work and projects that went well. But, when we talked to TROC, they told a different story that was appealing. Their emphasis was on working together on getting the project done. Every contractor had a rough quote, but TROC came with an itemized quote that turned out to be right on budget. It was these two things that led us to choose TROC over the others we talked to.

The only wrinkle in the project was the time line. The project ended up taking much longer than anticipated. This was due to the delays in electrical inspections in our area. Unfortunately, delays in inspections would throw off scheduling of sub contractors which would, in turn, add delays. Sean (our site supervisor) was always in contact so we knew what was happening, but it was just frustrating.

All in all, I would recommend TROC to a friend or family.

Thank you Scott, we apprectiate the feedback. We hope you are enjoying your new bathroom. It was a pleasure working with you.
Dennis and The T-ROC TEAM

Colleen P from Aurora
Colleen P from Aurora

Kitchen reno

Had T-Roc Reno Canada do a kitchen reno and was extremely
happy with their work. On time and the contractors were amazing to have. Felt very comfortable with them in our house and have recommended this company already. Love my Kitchen.
Colleen & Steve

Thank you Colleen and Steve. It was a pleasure working with you. You have a beautiful kitchen. Todd and the T-ROC team.

Paul from Vaughan
Paul from Vaughan

Kitchen, Powder room and main floor reno

We did a full kitchen, powder room and main floor Reno with Dennis and Sean from T-Roc. As this was our first major Reno, Dennis and Sean were very knowledgeable and professional from start to finish, I realized that we had the right team when I called on Friday afternoon on a long weekend and I heard back that same day, they were always there to answer, discuss, problem solve whenever needed. The best answer I got from both was, it's your house it’s you’re not happy with something let me know. Our renovation and Kitchen turned out better than we envisioned and as a very particular and detailed person I can truly say I would highly recommend them and use them again. We also would like to extend our thanks to Angelo from JSA kitchens who worked with T-Roc to deliver a great kitchen cabinets, layout and amazing countertops. Dennis, Sean, Angelo thanks for your dedication, hard work and it was a pleasure working with you.

Paul & Ronit

Hi Paul and Ronit, thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to your next project. All the best to both of you and we hope you enjoy your new space.
Dennis and the TROC Team

More about The Renovators of Canada

Over the past 15 years The Renovators of Canada has grown to locations in Durham, Aurora, Stouffville, Markham, Vaughan, Toronto, Hamilton, Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo, Barrie, Brantford, and London. Our 10 year warranty on all craftsmanship confirms our commitment to customer satisfaction and quality. Complete renovation services provided. Fully licensed and insured. Let The Renovators of Canada make your dream renovation a reality. Visit our website at www.trocanada.com

Bathroom Renovation, Home Additions, General Contractors, Kitchen Planning & Renovation, and Basement Renovation
Custom Homes, Home Additions, Kitchen Cabinets, Kitchen and Bathroom accessories, Flooring, drywall, Light fixtures, tiles, hardwood flooring, engineered wood flooring, windows, doors, garage doors,
Kitchen Renovation, Bathroom Renovation, Basement Renovation, plumbing & electrical (subcontracted to Licensed Trades), drywall, tiling, granite, custom cabinetry, painting, basements, Renovation Consulting
Bain Ultra, Ultra Bath, Artisan manufacturing corp, Azzura, Blanco, Brizo, Caesarstone, Cambria, Caml Tomlin, Contrac, Delta, Diamastone, Doors & More, Oduravit, Elkay, Emtek, Fairmont Designs, Foremeost, Franke, Grohe, Hansgrohe, Insinkerator, Oceana, kallista, Kindred, The Bold Look of Kohler, Maax, Maax Collection, Mirolin, MOen, Motiv, Mr. Marble, Native trails, Newport Brass, Novanni, Olsonite, OS&B Palmer Industries, Panasonic, Price Phister, Robern, Ronbow, Runtal Radiators, Slik portfolio, Soma Foremost, Sonoma Forge, Sterling Portfolio, Stone Forest, Supreme, Lighting,Thermasol, Tidal, Kroy Surfaces inc., Richelieu, Silestone, Toto, Victoria Albert, Warmly Yours Radiant Heating, American Standard
Classic, Modern Contemporary, Victorian, mid century modern, Cape cod, French Colonial, Custom
Custom home builds, Kitchen Ronovation, Basement renovations, Bathroom renovations, Income properties, Home upgrades, green homes, house flips
2002
Cheques, Visa, Mastercard, Debit, email transfer
Fully Licensed
Better Business Bureau, Contractors for Home Service Club and Direct Buy
10 year waranty on craftmanship.