Emerald City Design

General Contractors
kingston road Toronto ON M1N1R9
HomeStars  >  Carpenters in Toronto  >  Emerald City Design  >  Work all over: finishing off other GC's work
Scott in Trinity-Bellwoods
Scott in Trinity-Bellwoods

Work all over: finishing off other GC's work

A friend recommended Emerald City from having seen their work up close, working as a trade on several jobs they were on. I was in a tough spot as my original contractor declared bankruptcy 9 months into my behind-schedule job. I needed a bunch of little things finished off. ECD came in to check out my situation and I liked their approach and ended up hiring them.

I was glad I did. First and foremost, they really cared about the quality of their work, unlike my first contractors, who left me with problems I'm still finding out. Mike and Chris went above and beyond on several items that weren't on the list we'd scoped out, just because they weren't satisfied with the poor workmanship left behind by the other crew. It probably worked out for the best for me that ECD came in at the end, since the final 5% is the stuff you're stuck looking at for years. Their skill sets complement each other well.

When something unexpected came up, their communication was good, and we always talked through options before they proceeded. I felt they were working on my place as if it was their own, and their recommendations always considered what was best for me (longterm, too).

The two brothers are very friendly, and so were all the subtrades they used. I was really impressed with all of the subtrades and I've actually used 3 or 4 of them subsequent to the job (e.g. when my air conditioner needed its initial startup this summer). If I was to mention one weakness, it would be that the job finished after their initial estimate, though part of that was because of the Christmas holidays. But bottom line is, I've already got more work I would like them to do, and I have already recommended them to a friend who ended up engaging them after meeting with about 20 other contractors.