Meadowbrook Landscaping

Landscape Contractors & Designers
445 Hwy #5 W. Dundas ON L9H 5E2
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Hamilton  >  Meadowbrook Landscaping

Reviews for Meadowbrook Landscaping

Kevin in Hamilton
Kevin in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Destroyed Grass, Plants, and Shrubs by Using Salt On Cement Driveway

Meadowbrook landscaping

Previous messages:

March 23, 2018
I just came back from holidays and my Brand New $28,000.00 driveway and walkway are covered in salt.
We contracted for the blue liquid - non-corrosive ice removal solution not for salt to be put on or cement.
This will destroy our cement drive and walkway.
Immediate action required:
This has to be power washed off immediately - or it will damage the cement.

April 7, 2018 Please remove the salt from my new cement driveway immediately.
You are only to use the blue non-corrosive ice preventer.

April 13, 2018
When the original agreement came out last year I called (by phone) and instructed your office that only the blue material is to be used.
There was a verbal acceptance by your company at the time. No revised contract was sent, and obviously, these instructions were not followed.
Furthermore, the application of the salt was excessive and my gardens were salted.
Do not use salt.

Subject: Cost to fix salt damages.

I have a quote to replace the yews, grass, boxwoods, and soil. These were damaged/killed by salt.
I will have the landscaper specifically separate these cost on an invoice for you to pay.
This will be your responsibility as you did not fix this damage with your spring cleanup.

I am also having other landscaping improvements completed - they will start next week.

Thank you for your email.

We are not sure why you think we are responsible, we will not be paying for this. The concrete company who installed the driveway and walkway caused substantial damage to the majority of these items. Spring clean ups do not include replacing plant material, it is to prepare the property for the grow season, edging of beds, cutting down of over wintered perennials, weeding and cultivating of gardens.

As we cannot satisfy your needs, we feel it will be best to terminate our contract effective May 31, 2018.

We have included our invoice for the services provided in the month of May which will bring your account up to date.

Andrew Barz

My Response - See You In Court

It is unfortunate this situation has escalated to this point.

It is frustrating when damages occur to a property due to the negligence of other contractors. Your friend, who installed the driveway and walkway left you with dead plant material, concrete debris scattered over the turf, (the majority of which was cleaned up by us) and grass damage. The plants you are speaking of was noted by our Maintenance Manager as "under stress" in the fall.

We have been applying salt to your driveway and walkways for the past 2 winters and have not had any issues.

It seems coincidental that this is an issue this year.

Andrew

Private User reviews Simcoe County, ON

Lawn maintenance

We decided to use this company after being referred by our landscape design company. We talked to this company several times about a fall clean up before winter, specifying several times that we mostly want a quick clean up and specifically the vines on our brick home cut back. They did a terrible clean up job compared to other companies we've used in the past, and didn't cut back any of the vines as we had asked several times. In addition, they left an enormous pile of leaves at 9am on our street in front of the house and then left without cleaning them. I left the pile of leaves there until the next day, thinking perhaps they would be back to clean up and they never came. I called and she promised someone would come to take the leaves away, and no one came. The city's street cleaner ended up clearing them before I had a chance to. I called to discuss the vines not being touched and she apologized and said they would come back. Several weeks later, nothing. They finally just came yesterday.
In addition, we insisted on our hydrangeas not being pruned for the first year and somehow 2 of the 6 got cut back and our front yard looks quite weird now. They'll likely grow at different heights now in the spring which is a bit frustrating after paying a design group to revamp our front yard.
Very frustrating group to deal with - the crew appears to be high school students with no knowledge whatsoever of plant identification as anytime I've talked to them (and I know little to nothing), they've appeared to be unable to identify anything. Every time we've dealt with this company it appears there is zero communication from back to front of house, which always ends up with a call to get things fixed. Exhausting experience - definitely would not recommend.

We are sorry you were not happy with our services. As a company we strive to ensure all our clients are satisfied with the work completed. Our staff takes pride in doing a good job.

We would of appreciated an opportunity to address your concerns with a face to face meeting vs finding out you were unhappy with a post on Homestars.

Jennifer from Hamilton
Jennifer from Hamilton
1 review Dundas, ON

Front entrance design

My front entrance need a face lift without changing the privacy that we had. Meadowbrook was able to keep all my mature trees and plant material and still provide me with an updated entrance. It was an enjoyable experience. Thanks Andrew your crew did a great job!

Deanna  in Hamilton
Deanna in Hamilton
8 reviews Hamilton, ON

landscaping

I would like to say that they did a very good job we had our yard that needed alot of tlc and they had a great plan for our flower beds and everything. They were working well and cleaned everything up so we had nothing left on our yard. I would recommend this company

Kiddenz
Kiddenz
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Interlock Patio

Provided help with the design and offered valuable suggestions. Work started promptly and was completed with minimal disruption - Very clean work site! They came highly recommended by a friend and now I see why.

gab in mississauga
gab in mississauga

deck

they do a quality job... they finished on time and on budget. they were very detailed and knowledgeable - not your typical contractor experience...there were no surprises at all - and i mean none!

ask for jamie he's the best!

Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Hamilton?