Guns N Hoses Roofing, Exteriors & Insulation

Unit #115 11055 50th Street S.E Calgary AB T2C
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Calgary  >  Guns N Hoses Roofing, Exteriors & Insulation

Reviews for Guns N Hoses Roofing, Exteriors & Insulation

R. Lawrence in Calgary

Neil was on time & called ahead to confirm their arrival. Neil & Brent did an excellent job in replacing a bathroom fan, connecting venting hoses to roof and installing insulation in my attic. They were on time, fast and very curtious. They cleaned up everything before they left. I would highly recommend them to anyone considering having work done in their attic.
R. Lawrence

Thank you Robert for the business and the review ...

stephentischer from Calgary

For a long time, I just talked about having my attic reinsulated, but I finally did so last month.

The process began in June when I contacted a few companies in search of quotes. Guns and Hoses was the first company to visit and Neil was the representative. Neil was very clear with his explanation of what needed to be done. What impressed me about Neil in his first visit was both his knowledge of what needed to be done and his low-key yet highly- professional business approach.

Initially, I booked the work for September, but a situation on my end made it necessary for me to postpone until October. The re-booking was done through Amy and she too was a pleasure to deal with.

On the day of the job, Neil and his colleague arrived on time and set about doing their work diligently. Their estimate as to when the job would be finished was almost spot on, so I didn’t have to make any changes to my afternoon schedule.

In addition, to reinsulating the attic, they added some soffit vents and changed the bathroom fan.

I will certainly contact Guns and Hoses if I have any other needs that fall within their scope of services as I found them to be an excellent in terms of work quality, competitive pricing and customer service and satisfaction.

Firstly.... thank you for the business and the awesome review. I always do my best to be as informative as possible so you have good understanding at the task in hand and see value in the work we do .... stay extra warm this winter sir!

Mate & Ivana from Calgary

We contacted Guns N Hoses based on the many great reviews on here in addition our attic was needing extra insulation, plus the government rebate was another great perk. Neil came out to have a look at the attic space and ventilation duct work. Our two bathroom fans were very loud (originals with the house, 2002) and in particular one would drip during the very cold winter months due to condensation. Neil gave us the best advice to purchase a set of bathroom fans from Costco as a similar product would cost much more at a hardware store for the same features, they are bigger in size and much quieter, plus they have a built in sensor for moisture.

Our initial appointment date had to be rescheduled due to unfortunate circumstances where Neil was unable to attend, but the communication was great and a new date was scheduled a to take place few weeks later. Upon arriving on the day of the appointment Neil showed up on time, completed the job on budget, in a timely fashion and cleaned up any mess that may have been left behind. Neil is very professional and personable.

Thank you for the detailed review and the business stay extra warm this winter

P in Calgary

I contacted Guns N' Hoses about adding additional roof vents, to my very hot house. Neil quickly deduced that outflow was not the real issue - rather there were no baffles to connect the soffit intakes to the attic space - so there was virtually no air intake! All fixed up now. along with added insulation. Very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Work was done quickly and v. cleanly. Am looking forward to a cooler house next summer and lower heating bills this winter.

Thank you for the business and review. Blowing insulation in without first putting baffle vents in is never a good idea. Lower air intake is key to a functional attic.

Nicholas Gartaganis from Calgary

We contacted Guns N Hoses for GNH Konnect service. Neil Richmond came to inspect our attic space, including insulation, duct work, seals around the sky lights, and so on. In particular, we had been having problems with two bathroom fans dripping during the winter. Neil clearly explained what he discovered, showed us pictures and answered all our questions. He recommended adding insulation, replacing the bathroom fans for improved air flow, and installing proper duct work for the fans and the dryer. Neil showed up as scheduled and completed the job on budget and in a timely fashion with no mess left behind. He showed us pictures of the finished work. Neil is personable and professional. We really feel he went the extra mile for us. We heartily recommend his services to others.

Thank you for the business and review. The bathroom fans is a common problem and dryer ducting getting clogged if it goes out through the roof, all good now... take care

Danny in Calgary

From the first time we met, Neil explained the problems with our existing insulation installation, he established a price and date to do the work. He showed up on time, did the work, explained what he was doing as the project progressed and he showed me the finished product, no extras, very tidy. Highly recommended.

Thank you for the business and the review. Getting the job done right is always our number one goal. Adding additional tasks like replacing out bathroom fans to improve air exchange in your home is a service that we built on as we focused on improving our business model. Take care Dan

From the time of the quote up until the installation, the process was easy and professional. We had extra insulation put into the attic as well as our bathroom fans and ducts upgraded. Too early to tell if we'll see heating cost reductions this winter, though just knowing that we've got extra insulation and an overall better installation than what the builder did is worth it.

Thank you Matt for the review and the business.

s h.

So thankful to Kenny for coming over and meeting with my insurance adjuster. I had been battling with them for months and getting no where. Every house on my street had hail damage and they were all getting their roofs fixed. Kenny was kind enough to meet with the adjuster and he really fought hard to get them to agree that I did gave lots of hail damage. His knowledge was impressive and he certainly knew what he was talking about. The roof crews and eaves guys worked in 30 degree heat. They were so nice and I would absolutely recommend them. The cost was excellent and I am so happy with the completion. Thanks so much!

CGYhomeguy in Calgary

This review is long overdue! Our insulation was very old in a newly purchased house. Neil was able to add lots, and helped keep us warm last winter! Highly recommend!

Thank you for the review and the business.

Janine B in Calgary

We've gotten the Guns N Hoses crew out a couple of times to our home in the past couple of years. Our house is over 50 years old so we've needed attic ventilation/insulation, new shingles and eavestroughs fixed/replaced. Kenny & Neil are great and make me feel confident that the work will help to protect our house. Very happy with the quality of work too.

Thanks Janine ,
It was great working with you and making your home up to date .

More about Guns N Hoses Roofing, Exteriors & Insulation

Not just roofing anymore! We are also professional installers of Siding, Eavestroughs, Soffit, Fascia, Attic Insulation & Solar Vents! In addition, we have our Infrared Thermography Certification, and we offer Thermo scans of your home to detect heat loss and moisture issues! Call us now for your FREE VIDEO ESTIMATE!