Guns N Hoses Roofing, Exteriors & Insulation

Unit #115 11055 50th Street S.E Calgary AB T2C
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Calgary  >  Guns N Hoses Roofing, Exteriors & Insulation

Reviews for Guns N Hoses Roofing, Exteriors & Insulation

Calgary Resident
Calgary Resident

Great Option for Attic & Insulation Work

With the heavy snowfall this winter, I'm sure I'm not the only one who discovered some issues with water seeping into their attic. Based on reviews I read here on Homestars, I contacted Guns N Hoses an was contacted the next day about arranging for someone to come to the house to see what was going on. Neil was fantastic to deal with through the whole process - from the initial visit straight through to improving the ventilation and insulation in my attic (which was not easy to access). Really went above and beyond and I appreciated his straight-forward, honest approach. Highly recommend GNH and Neil in particular! Thanks again Neil!

Thank you for the business and the review. Lower intake ventilation is key to having a functional attic and protecting your home. Your lower level attic soffit was completely blocked, the extra insulation and air movement will protect your home and family for years to come ... take care

New Roof

We hired Guns and Hoses to re-roof our home and garage. The guys did a great job, were in and out quickly and did a great job cleaning up.

Fair price and good service. We would recommend to anyone looking for a new roof.

Thanks Tom! We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review and for any referrals you send our way!

Pedro
Pedro

Attic insulation

Neil did an excellent job. From start to finish extremely professional.
Estimate was on time and detailed, providing great tips and clarification. Service was on time, all clean and I could feel the results on the same day.
Strongly recommend them

Your very welcome Pedro. Thank you for the business and the review. Making a difference is why I am in this business. Take care

MTolley in Calgary
MTolley in Calgary

Attic Insulation

We recently had Neil to our house regarding insulation issues. The knowledge, professionalism and charismatic approach Neil possess is like non other. He is a wealth of information in all areas and is passionate about his work and the customers he interacts with. Neil and Brent arrived to our home on time and were extremely efficient. We were shown before and after pictures of our attic, kept informed along the way. Their workspace was tidied upon completion.
Neil is absolutely the best is the business!

Thank you for the business and the review. I always do my best to give all my customers a quality informed professional service.
Stay warm

J in Calgary
J in Calgary

Attic Insulation and Ventilation

We contacted Guns N Hoses because we were experiencing ice dams on our roof. Neil, from the attic and insulation side of the business, came out to assess. We found him to be pleasant, professional, thorough and very knowledgeable. He clearly explained his findings and laid out options that were reasonable and balanced.

On job day, Neil and his partner Brent arrived on time and got straight to work. They were very respectful of our home and laid down protection for floors, walls, and vehicles. They also cleaned up when they were done. We were especially impressed with Neil's customer focus. He frequently took time out to explain what he was doing and the materials he was using. He also provided regular progress reports along with any findings in the attic (including photos) and options/recommendations for any next steps. All of his feedback was professional, balanced and reasonable. Clearly Neil knows his business and prides himself on delivering quality and value. Brent went the extra mile and provided some assistance with a couple of fussy pot lights. He also provided an excellent tutorial on adjusting these lights. All in all, a very positive experience.

Kudos to Neil and Brent for a job well done. We are very satisfied with this work and highly recommend Guns N Hoses Insulation Services. (J&B Jensen)

Thank you for the business and review. You have a beautiful home and now a functional attic that will protect your home.
Take care

Jim in Toronto
Jim in Toronto

GnH Insulation Services

Neil is a true workmanship professional. He is both insulation product and process knowledgeable and skilled - he knows what he is doing and why. With his partner - Brent - from assessment to execution of the job-at-hand, Neil provided excellent service and even better explanations of what he was doing; including invites to witness the progress of the work. And, they took all the old humidity fans away and any other trash and cleaned up after themselves. JOB WELL DONE!
J Paul

Thank you for the business and the review James.

We always trying to be as informative as possible before, during and after about your insulation project/investment....

Take care and stay extra warm this winter

R. Lawrence in Calgary
R. Lawrence in Calgary

Attic insulation

Neil was on time & called ahead to confirm their arrival. Neil & Brent did an excellent job in replacing a bathroom fan, connecting venting hoses to roof and installing insulation in my attic. They were on time, fast and very curtious. They cleaned up everything before they left. I would highly recommend them to anyone considering having work done in their attic.
R. Lawrence

Thank you Robert for the business and the review ...

stephentischer from Calgary
stephentischer from Calgary

More Than Just a Cool Name

For a long time, I just talked about having my attic reinsulated, but I finally did so last month.

The process began in June when I contacted a few companies in search of quotes. Guns and Hoses was the first company to visit and Neil was the representative. Neil was very clear with his explanation of what needed to be done. What impressed me about Neil in his first visit was both his knowledge of what needed to be done and his low-key yet highly- professional business approach.

Initially, I booked the work for September, but a situation on my end made it necessary for me to postpone until October. The re-booking was done through Amy and she too was a pleasure to deal with.

On the day of the job, Neil and his colleague arrived on time and set about doing their work diligently. Their estimate as to when the job would be finished was almost spot on, so I didn’t have to make any changes to my afternoon schedule.

In addition, to reinsulating the attic, they added some soffit vents and changed the bathroom fan.

I will certainly contact Guns and Hoses if I have any other needs that fall within their scope of services as I found them to be an excellent in terms of work quality, competitive pricing and customer service and satisfaction.

Firstly.... thank you for the business and the awesome review. I always do my best to be as informative as possible so you have good understanding at the task in hand and see value in the work we do .... stay extra warm this winter sir!

Mate & Ivana from Calgary
Mate & Ivana from Calgary

Attic Insulation

We contacted Guns N Hoses based on the many great reviews on here in addition our attic was needing extra insulation, plus the government rebate was another great perk. Neil came out to have a look at the attic space and ventilation duct work. Our two bathroom fans were very loud (originals with the house, 2002) and in particular one would drip during the very cold winter months due to condensation. Neil gave us the best advice to purchase a set of bathroom fans from Costco as a similar product would cost much more at a hardware store for the same features, they are bigger in size and much quieter, plus they have a built in sensor for moisture.

Our initial appointment date had to be rescheduled due to unfortunate circumstances where Neil was unable to attend, but the communication was great and a new date was scheduled a to take place few weeks later. Upon arriving on the day of the appointment Neil showed up on time, completed the job on budget, in a timely fashion and cleaned up any mess that may have been left behind. Neil is very professional and personable.

Thank you for the detailed review and the business stay extra warm this winter

P in Calgary
P in Calgary

Attic ventialtion and insulation

I contacted Guns N' Hoses about adding additional roof vents, to my very hot house. Neil quickly deduced that outflow was not the real issue - rather there were no baffles to connect the soffit intakes to the attic space - so there was virtually no air intake! All fixed up now. along with added insulation. Very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Work was done quickly and v. cleanly. Am looking forward to a cooler house next summer and lower heating bills this winter.

Thank you for the business and review. Blowing insulation in without first putting baffle vents in is never a good idea. Lower air intake is key to a functional attic.

More about Guns N Hoses Roofing, Exteriors & Insulation

Not just roofing anymore! We are also professional installers of Siding, Eavestroughs, Soffit, Fascia, Attic Insulation & Solar Vents! In addition, we have our Infrared Thermography Certification, and we offer Thermo scans of your home to detect heat loss and moisture issues! Call us now for your FREE VIDEO ESTIMATE!