Art Metal Workshop Inc.

50 Paxman Road Unit 18 Toronto ON M9C
Art Metal Work
Art Metal Workshop Inc.

Best of 2019 winner 13 timesBest of 2019winner 13 times

Reviews for Art Metal Workshop Inc.

C McDougall in Mississauga
C McDougall in Mississauga

Railing Installation

I needed a railing at the front of the house - only 2 steps but for a disabled person, it's important. The job was done quickly and it looks wonderful. More important it is secure and will be so helpful in the months/years to come. The person who did the install was young and knowledgeable - he did an excellent job. The bottom post is on patio stones and he removed 3 stones, secured it firmly and replaced 2 of the stones and filled in the remaining spot with cement. Very tidy. I will definitely use this company again and will recommend it to anyone who asks about it.

Thank you very much, Colleen!

It was our pleasure to work on your project!

Have a great day!

Wendy K.
Wendy K.

Basement handrail & hallway railing

I have used this company before to make an exterior gate and fence for me, and so I decided that I would contact them about the new hallway railing, and handrail to the basement. I had wanted glass to open up the space. I found them helpful, responsive, and pleasant to deal with. When I got the quote, I checked with people I know who work in the field, and they said it was competitive. Although they arrived a few minutes late, they worked quickly, installed everything well, and one worker was touching up the paint on this job, while the other was touching up the paint on the gate and fence. They took away all the old railing, and left things looking great! I was surprised that the handrail was on the opposite wall, but it works out better that way, because I usually have my right hand full, and now the handrail is on the left, and it can be removed for moving things in and out of the house. They were courteous, and efficient, and responsive, and I was delighted again with their work.

Thank you for these kind words Wendy! We enjoyed working with you and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Christie from Mississauga
Christie from Mississauga

Porch Railing

The porch railing is fine, but I expected more for the price. Installed in two hours.
The measurement of where the footing of the railing is looks off, and there is black paint slopped around the concrete at the bottom. Looks like a discount job but is actually fairly expensive, thought I was paying for better quality and service.

Be aware that booking for installation is done with very little notice. They only book installations on Thursdays for the following week, if you aren't available that week you can't book for the week after, you have to wait for them to contact you the next Thursday, and they are pretty abrupt about it. They suggest that you don't have to be there when the work is done, which I think is irresponsible as a home owner.

Over all it will do the job, but would not recommend them.

Review has 1 previous version

Hello Christie, thank you very much for your review. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the railing. We have tried arranging a meeting with you on site to go over your concerns however, you have declined it. At this point I can only address what you have mentioned in the review:

Our installations are done according to OBC and the design of your railings was chosen by you, therefore, my understanding is that you are happy with the railings. It looks like the only concern you have is with regards to the fact that you can see the spot from the old railings and black paint around the plate. We cover and protect the work area, but we do not include fixing the masonry/concrete damages that were there from the old railings.

The second concern you are mentioning is with regards to the scheduling. Usually, our customers want their railings installed as soon as possible so our goal is to turnaround the project as fast as we can. We schedule all exterior installation within a week after they are completed and do not require clients to be home in order to accommodate everyone's busy life. We certainly see that this approach is not for everyone and therefore when you told us that you want to be rescheduled and provided us with 3 different dates, we took this information into account when scheduling your installation. In fact, we did schedule you on one of the dates that you have given us. We also mentioned to you that in case this doesn't work we will be happy to reschedule again.

Starting from the estimate we have been trying to accommodate your schedule for the site visit as well as for installation. For both instances, we have rescheduled the appointment twice, both times within the availability provided by you.

I do still want to rectify the situation and send one of the owners to see you and discuss how we can make your experience a 10 rather than a 4.

Thank you, please contact me 4168484588

MyHouse in North York
MyHouse in North York

Custom railing - front porch and backyard (glass and privacy railing)

It was a pleasure working with Art Metal for my residential railings. The glass around my deck and walkout, and the privacy railing around my pool equipement, has really helped to complete the look of our backyard space. They were very accomodating with the schedule and made sure that all the details were checked off. Thank you.

Thanks so much for your review! We truly appreciate these words and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Greg M in Etobicoke
Greg M in Etobicoke

Railing Fabrication & Installation

I first became aware of Art Metal Workshop at the Spring Home Show... From the first meeting to the final installation of our railing the experience has been most enjoyable... They were professional to deal with and delivered an excellent product. I will use them again.

Greg M.

Thanks so much Greg! It was a pleasure to work with you!

Sasha in Toronto
Sasha in Toronto

Installed porch fence

Art Metal team was great to work with and easy to communicate.
The job was nicely completed and in timely manner.
Highly recommend Art Metal for any metal works project.

Thank you very mcuh!

Kevin Russell in Kleinburg
Kevin Russell in Kleinburg

Wrought iron railing repar

We had wrought iron railings at the front of our home which had faded badly and started to rust. Art Metal did an outstanding job of refurbishing, repainting and perfectly reinstalling the railings. They were extremely responsive and professional in every regard. I would highly recommend their services. I wish there were more contractors as professional and reliable as Art Metal. Special thanks to Iryna and Mariya!

Thnaks so much Kevin! It was a pleasure to have such an awesome customer!

Sarah
Sarah
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Excellent Workmanship

Had a custom front porch railing designed back in 2012. Alex was very friendly and helpful throughout the process. His team was thoughtful and respectful of our property. 7 years later and the finish still looks beautiful. I would highly recommend and will be using them again.

Hello Sarah,

Thank you very much for your feedback! It's very nice to hear from our clients!

Debra from Pickering
Debra from Pickering
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Porch Railings

We could not be happier with our new railings - they turned out exactly as we had hoped (only better, if that is possible). Everyone we dealt with at Art Metal was fabulous. The two young men who installed the railings were excellent. After they were finished installing, they spent a lot of time meticulously touching up any spots that needed it, so they looked just perfect. They left our property spotless. The end product is outstanding. We would most definitely recommend Art Metal. Well done!

Wonderful Service!

The style and colour of our new outdoor railing perfectly complements the look of our home, the size of the space and the functionality! We are very happy with their helpful suggestions, their work and their installation.

Thank you very much for your review! We really appreciate it :)

More about Art Metal Workshop Inc.

Visit our new website:
www.art-metal.ca

We are a family owned and operated company manufacturing wrought iron railings and other iron products based in Toronto, Ontario.

Our mission is to provide you with highest quality iron products at a low cost and to ensure your satisfaction with our product and service.

Our core value:
In today's construction business industry we encounter many companies who simply rush, cheat, and work around the right way of doing things.
Having work done with utmost integrity, honesty, and compassion is our number one value in a project.

We provide lifetime warranty on galvanized iron work.

We also provide services for: fences & gates, patios & decks, floor refinishing