Capital Columns And Trim

HomeStars  >  Moldings / Mouldings in North York  >  Capital Columns And Trim

Reviews for Capital Columns And Trim

1 review Whitby, ON

I am hard to please, but Capital Columns gets an A++

Before finding Herb at Capital Columns, I had to deal with trades people who wouldn't return calls, made promises that were never delivered. I was under the gun as I had a personal deadline to meet and had to get my column installed asap. Herb was very professional in consulting with me over the phone and right away I got the vibe I was talking with the right person/company. He was prompt with our email correspondence - replies were received within 24 hours, there was never any attitude or ambiguity. After sending Herb my photos and measurements, he quickly got me set up for an install date.

Again, I know other company trades people have a tendency to show up late or cancel appointments - wasting your precious vacation time that you had to take to be home for that date. Not with Herb's company. He sent Billy to meet me at my place for around 930 and that was when Billy showed - on time, imagine that!

Billy was a pleasure to deal with. Such a nice man, but also a consummate professional with an eye for detail. As soon as he was assessing the moulding placement for the column I was able to tell he wanted it just right...wow, I cannot tell you how much this put my heart at ease. We have all dealt with that tradesperson who wants to just rush the work and collect the pay; with no regard for professional pride. Billy was detailed and was able to explain and show me how the original builder didn't follow proper best practices - which Billy corrected in his install.

Friendly from contact to execution; professional in installation and conduct - why can't there be more trades companies like these guys?

Do yourself a favour - deal only with Capital Columns. I know in future, I will. Thanks, Herb and Billy - you guys just won over a committed customer and a future advocate for your company - all my friends will be getting a copy of this review.

Take care,

Terry

We thank you for your glowing review and your kind words, we strive to offer all of our customers the same experience.

1 review Whitby, ON

Column Replacement

Wow. Faced with the daunting task of having my rotting columns replaced, Homestars led me to this company and what a truly professional experience from start to finish. I was provided with an estimate and a very thorough explanation of potential problems which could be encountered do to the design of my balcony so there would be no unexpected surprises. The install itself was absolutely perfect. Once again Wow. A real pleasure doing business with this company and I can't thank them enough for their quick efficient service.

It's our pleasure to serve you.
We try to make every customer experience a positive "WOW" experience.
Thanks again

Applique Wainscoting - Excellent Job!

I called Capital Columns and Trim for some wainscoting. Herb called me back right away and Linda came by to give us a quote the next weekend. We have an open concept home and Linda helped us decide and design our wainscoting. The wainscoting was installed and it looked great! The installer was professional and the work was very well done. I would definitely recommend Capital Columns! I would hire them again. Excellent customer service!

We're happy to hear that you love your wainscoting. Thanks for your kind words, we really appreciate it.

Jo in Cabbagetown
Jo in Cabbagetown

replacement column on porch

This company recently replaced a rotted half pillar on my porch. The installation was delayed because of weather conditions. I am very pleased with the result and would have no hesitation to recommend their work. Before and after photos of work.

Thanks for your kind words .

Dario from Maple
Dario from Maple

Replacement of Exterior Columns

I contacted 3 companies to get a quote to replace my rotted wood columns, and by far the response I got from Lynda and Herb were the best. Lynda came home and explained the entire process, while Herb clarified all the questions I had later on the phone.
The quotes I got from the 3 companies were pretty similar (considering what was included in the quote, for example paint included or not, etc). So, we decided to hire Capital Columns, and I'm very happy I took that decision.
Lynda/Herb recommended the fiberglass columns with Polyurethane Boxes (Cap and Base), so we picked the square ones. Billy was the installer, a great guy, very professional and clean, if you look at the pictures you will notice that it's very clean all the time. He did really an excellent job, and definitely I would recommend Capital and Billy for anyone who need to replace a column.

NOTE: The garbage disposal and the paint are not included, what is not a big deal for me since I prefer to save the money and do it myself ;)

Thanks for choosing us Dario, we appreciate your business. It was our pleasure to replace your columns :)

Joan in Toronto
Joan in Toronto

Supply & Installation of exterior columns

Truly efficient company with skilled & dedicated installers. Has long term installers which is consistent with a professional company. Recommend without any reservations whatsoever. Truly well done. Quality installation. Will use for future work .
Joan & Richard
Georgetown

Thank you Richard and Joan. We always put customer service first, we appreciate your kind words.

Susanna from Mississauga
Susanna from Mississauga

Very happy with customer service and with the completed work on time

I am very please with the customer service and the quality of the work. Thank you for coming on time and completing the work without delay. I would strongly recommend the service to other consumers.

Thank you Susanna. You were very communicative and accommodating, we appreciate your kind words.

Pete in Markham
Pete in Markham
6 reviews Scarborough, ON

Porch Column Replacement

I had a poor experience with this company. Right from the beginning the communication was terrible. After giving a deposit for the column wrap I was told I would be advised as to when the install would take place. There was no proactive communication and then when I called to follow up on when the install would happen I was told it would be that day.

The person that was subcontracted for the job (no issue with that) arrived late, left to go pick up a missing piece and didn't come back that day because he said he forgot his debit card at home and didn't have enough gas in his truck to come back. It took 3 days to install 1 porch column and when there was an issue with the caulking it took multiple follow ups to finally get it resolved. I will say though, that the work was very clean.

In the end I appreciate that it was completed to my satisfaction but the communication could have been a lot better.

lisa from Oakville
lisa from Oakville

wainscotting

we are just about finished out work with Capital Columns and Trim and are absolutely thrilled with their team of professionals and workmanship. I highly recommend them! we can't wait to see our finished walls. From the start Lynda was very thorough and patient and answered all of my questions. Glen and Jason were very professional and worked long and hard to complete the work. Excellent company to work with!

Laura from Etobicoke
Laura from Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

wainscoting

We had a few quotes on our wainscoting project and decided to go with Capital Columns and Trim. We found them very professional and efficient. It has transformed the look of our hallways with such an affordable cost and we are very happy with their workmanship and quality.

Thanks for your positive feedback Laura. We appreciate the kind words.

More about Capital Columns And Trim

We've specialized in the replacement of Rotted Exterior Wood Columns and Railings with durable Fiber Glass Columns and Vinyl Railings for over 15 years. Capital Columns and Trim offers many different shapes, styles and sizes, from smooth round tapered to recessed panel square columns. Our "No Maintenance" Vinyl Porch Railings ...