Bathroom Renovation
Toronto ON M2R 2X1
HomeStars  >  Bathroom Renovation in Thorn Hill  >  Toronto Tub & Tiles Refinishing

Reviews for Toronto Tub & Tiles Refinishing

Leslie in Toronto
Leslie in Toronto

Sink re glazing

Terrible. They will not return my calls. DO NOT waste your time. I think they should be out of business .there is no warrantee. It is as valid as Monopoly money.

Eva in Orleans
Eva in Orleans

Bathtub refinish failed, they refused to honour the written warranty.

The finish started to peel within the year. When I called to tell them, they told me that they will repair it on such date. They never showed up, and never returned my phone calls thereafter. They give a 5 year written warranty that they refuse to honour when there's a problem.

BRC in Toronto
BRC in Toronto

Finish failed, Warranty refused

Bathtub refinished in 2012 by “Toronto Tub and Tiles Refinishing” (website banner drops the “S” on Tiles). Looked great (really great - like a new tub). 5 year written warranty. Refinished tub maintained strictly according to warranty rules - no mat, no sharp abrasives.

April 2016: new surface shows peeling in 2 locations: by the drain and in the main foot traffic area. We (it's my mom's tub; I communicated on her behalf) contacted the company; they did not return phone calls (for weeks). We were persistent and I sent them photos of the failed surface. After weeks of our bothering them they did send 2 people to inspect. The inspectors were polite and professional & said the office would decide about honoring the warranty, and suggested some kind of vague distinction between peeling and flaking; I presented the warranty to show that it indicated only user inflicted damage would void coverage. They then said that the finish must be OK because if it were going to fail it would have failed in the first year, not in 2016. I pointed out that this is not how warranties work at all, and that the failure is one of durability over time.

The company sent an email refusing to honor the warranty stating that the tub had 'scratches all over' and so the conditions had not been met (attached screenshot of their email). This is a blatant falsehood on their part - my photos show there are not scratches everywhere (there were a couple in areas not close to where the finish was peeling). I pointed out that their photos taken by their inspector would show the same thing. I asked for them to send me their photos. We never heard from them again.

This company is blatantly (1) avoiding returning warranty calls (2) falsifying inspector reports to avoid fulfilling a warranty claim and (3) applying a very good looking but thin & not durable finish.

I'm quite disappointed as at first I was very impressed with how good the re-finish looked. As you can see from my photos the finish is not scratched (as they claim in their email reply) and is peeling off. The damage to the finish is not caused by user misuse, but is the fault of a finish that is not durable over the 5-year warranty period.

The final email from the company did offer to refinish the tub again for the reduced rate of $200. So they are attempting to re-sell us their failed product. Clearly, we are not going to re-purchase a failing product from a company that avoids contact and does not honor warranties.

peter from Mississauga
peter from Mississauga

Shower Tile Reglaze

I had a small shower stall reglazed in 2009 by this company($800). The first few years the job held up ok but in the 3rd year it started peeling. After many voice messages left I finally got a hold of someone. I was told that even though it was still under a 4 yr warranty, I should pay another $700 and have it re-sprayed with a better result this time - I took them at their word but within weeks the peeling started again (worse than before). More voice messages - no reply. I've wasted this money and now have to replace all the tiles - avoid this company!

John Palermo from Markham
John Palermo from Markham

Bath Tub Crack Repair

416-524-1197
Toronto
M2R 2X1

These guys are not professional and they don't tell the truth. Yes, their warranty is clear and it does state that it only covers refinishing, but they had us fooled and that's just not professional. They will try to state that they are correct and you (the customer) is not correct and try to blow you off.

I called them because they said they could fix a small crack in my bath tub. In fact, the guy that came to inspect the bath tub stated that the problem was down to a bad support and the weight against the support caused it to crack. Regardless, he said it could be fixed because the epoxy that he was using was as strong as the original material. About a month later, that same spot cracked again. It was the very same crack that opened again. Suffice to say, they wouldn't honour their warranty and wouldn't return my calls. They would be happy to answer the phone when I called from a friends phone. They were even still offering the same refinishing services. They are sham artists, so please don't use them for any refinishing jobs. They didn't return my $650 and couldn't fix the crack after all. They claimed that their warranty only covers refinishing and not cracks due to poor workmanship. They saw that it was a "crack" when they were working on it, and obviously decided they would patch it, take my money and run knowing that if it cracked again it wouldn't be covered under their warranty. A professional, intelligent company would have simply informed me that it couldn't be done properly. I called a professional tub company from the U.S. to inquire and he concluded that these guys should be investigated by Consumer Affairs for their malpractices. It could not be done the way they claimed and the way the did it. In fact, it was stupid of them to even say it could be done. In any case, if you have the same issue I had, don't use these guys.

carrie ceolin from Markham
carrie ceolin from Markham

tub and floor refinishing

Excellent results. Used a new process to spray over old ceramic tile floor making it look like new again. Tub and surrounding walls are sparkling and new looking. Prompt, courteous service and professional. Handles any concerns after with ease and professionalism. Will use again for my second bathroom! Definately a good alternative to redoing a whole bathroom for a lot more money.

mariah from Vaughan
mariah from Vaughan

Bathtub/Tiles Refinishing

We checked into changing our tub and tile enclosure but the cost was too expensive. I searched on Google and discovered this refinishing process that saved us hundreds of dollars. When I called Toronto Tub and Tile Refinishing they took the time to explain the process. I decided to hired them to do the job. I was pleased with the end result & I would not hesitate to recommend this company to others. Great job looks like new again! Thank you.......

elizabeth nadeau in York
elizabeth nadeau in York

reglaze bathtub

416-524-1197
Toronto
M2R 2X1

I had my tub reglazed by this company in 2009 because i was impressed with their four year warranty. They had to come back within 6 months because it had begun to peel off. i recall having a very difficult time getting ahold of anyone or getting them to return my calls. the tub now is a complete mess and again, they are not returning my calls. stay away!

L Pettersen in Etobicoke
L Pettersen in Etobicoke
1 review ETOBICOKE, ON

Reglaze shower stall, bathroom walls, sink, bathtub

The sink peeled, the tub peeled, and I paid $100 to have them repaired, but the workman said he didn't have the materials to repair the shower and didn\t know if they would honour the warranty. He took pictures and the company said they would fix a tiny bit of peeling on the ceiling, nothing else. Now they aren't answering phone calls or emails, the house is listed for sale and their 5 year warranty is a joke. Not to be trusted. Would not recommend these crooks. Will look into taking legal action.

Customer was given a discount to have the sink refinished again. The charge was $100 to have that service done as sinks are not under warranty and is clearly printed on the invoice. Considering this customer has had this service completed over 4 years ago (expired warranty) we had made the exception to repair her bathtub and a small area on her ceiling tiles. The customer was not satisfied with our company because she wanted us to do everything new again, giving them the advantage to sell the house on a cheaper budget. On her invoice which she provided, it clearly states 4 year warranty against peeling, sorry there is no warranty on sinks. Our warranty has recently been upgraded to 5 years and the customer has demaned that this warranty will apply to her service. Now is that fair?

More about Toronto Tub & Tiles Refinishing

Specializing in the refinishing process of tub, tiles & countertop refinishing.