Home Inspection
110 Konrad Cres, Unit 5 Markham ON L3R 8T7
HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in Richmond Hill  >  Carleton Chimney Services Inc.

Reviews for Carleton Chimney Services Inc.

Gordon Hewit in Markham
Gordon Hewit in Markham

Chimney Liner and pipe

Work was quoted at $475 for the liner and after mumbling something about 'B-Vent', which I wasn't asking about, they estimated $175 for that part of the work.

I don't know what 'B-Vent' is, but it must be expensive. The work on the vent took under 20 minutes, and used parts that you could buy at Home Depot for $20.

The bill also took a long time to arrive. They are also difficult to get on the phone, making it too much trouble to dispute the billing, but I am definitely unhappy.

However, once the two man crew arrived, they did nice work on a chimney liner install and moving the vent pipe to meet TSSA requirements. The job took a little over two hours.

Review has 1 previous version
Aaron in Etobicoke ON
Aaron in Etobicoke ON

Inspection, Fireplace install, chimney fix

Inspection didn't fare well for wood stove. Gas insert ordered and installed. Took 4 visits to get it working. The owner finally came and fixed it. Exhaust and Intake were switched at the chimney top. Love the fireplace. Wish I knew it needed electrical to have the fan operating. Next winter!

Sharon from Markham
Sharon from Markham

rebuild fireplace in Heritage Home after fire

After a fire underneath the floorboard of our fireplace, we were told
that we would have to completely rebuild the fireplace to bring it up to code. These people were not daunted by the age of the house
or the pitiful construction of the existing fireplace. They were prompt, very professional and helpful. Great job guys!

jean-louis brenninkmeijer from Oakville
jean-louis brenninkmeijer from Oakville

gas to wood conversion

We decided to convert our gas fireplace back to wood burning. Unknown to us we needed to reline the chimney, replace the damper and put in a stainless steel flue. This required breaking a hole in the chimney from the back, the back of which had just been renovated for our new dining room.
Carleton came in and completed the work in 4 days. The work was done timely, with precision and with the highest quality. Notably the crew carried out the work with utmost care. They erected a tent around the fireplace, made as little noise as possible and created next to no dust at all.
I strongly recommend them. You can be assured your fireplace will never be a cause for concern.

Nancy in Toronto
Nancy in Toronto

Quote to repair a chimney

Our water heater was red tagged due to several code violations. In contacting Carleton they responded immediately (actually, the guy was on the roof when he answered the phone - to give you an idea). They arrived at the property within 30 minutes. Very professional and extremely timely. I would highly recommend this company to anyone seeking chimney work.

Mat in North York
Mat in North York

Chimney rebuild

My chimney was falling apart and on the advice of my neighbour, I had Carleton Chimney give me a quote. They were very quick and provided me with advice of how to fix it. Their quote was significantly less than another quote I received, so I checked them on Homestars and decided to proceed.

The crew was dispatched quickly and spent three days tearing down and rebuilding my chimney. They built scaffolding and protected my pool equipment and deck. Afterwards, they cleaned up the job site. The final price was exactly what they quoted and the quality of workmanship was excellent.

For providing cost competitive, prompt, and high quality work, I am giving Carleton Chimney a top rating.

Thanks for the review Jeff. We strive to give good value and service to all our clients.

Regards,

Greg F in Brampton
Greg F in Brampton
1 review BRAMPTON, ON

Chimney Rebuild and Foundation Parge

They were very professional, only recommended what was needed and did the job correctly. They cleaned up afterward so that you would never know they were there. I would definitely hire them again.

Patricia Del Bono in Toronto
Patricia Del Bono in Toronto
1 review York, ON

Chimney repair due to raccoon damage

905-479-5778
110 Konrad Cres, Unit 5
Markham
L3R 8T7

After making several phone calls to different chimney companies in Toronto, who stated they would arrive within 3-4 days, I finally called John Carleton who arrived within hours of receiving my call. He heard the distress in my call and treated the situation with the urgency and compassion it deserved. The service I received from the receptionist to the crew was exceptional. I would highly recommend Carleton Chimney Services Inc to anyone in need. Thank you John and staff !!!!!!

Jackie at St. Clair and Yonge
Jackie at St. Clair and Yonge

Specialty Chimney Liner and Chimney Rebuild

905-479-5778
110 Konrad Cres, Unit 5
Markham
L3R 8T7

Carleton Chimney installed a specialty liner in our Victorian chimney that maximizes draw to allow for a proper fire that other companies can not offer. In the process we found that the chimney had, since the estimate was done in a prior year, cracked badly above the roofline due to built up water in the brickwork from a previously poorly built cap. Carleton rebuilt this with an excellent brick match and superb craftsmanship. Their workmanship is of a high standard and now we can safely enjoy our fireplace again, and know that we have done work that will contribute to the ongoing value of our home.

Jackie,

Thank you so much for the review. We are always pleased to know our goal of customer satisfaction has been achieved.

Ray Richer in Scugog
Ray Richer in Scugog
1 review Scugog, ON

chimney rebuild

chimney was completely redone - they did a super job. Had a bit of cleanup to do after and they took care of it to our satisfaction. I would highly recommend this company.

Thanks for the review Ray. Hope you enjoy the fireplace this winter.

John Carleton

More about Carleton Chimney Services Inc.

Over 31 years of restoring chimneys and fireplaces in the GTA. Licensed by the City of Toronto, TSSA, and several staff WETT certified. Fully insured and covered by WSIB. Consultants to the insurance and property management industry.