Firemen Movers

Reviews for Firemen Movers

Marian Mackay from Toronto
Marian Mackay from Toronto

moving

If you want a stress- free move, then Firemen Movers is the company for you. My movers were Ryan and Mike. They were efficient , courteous, and extremely hard workers. They moved me into a condo and despite a problem with the elevator, they still managed to get the job done in good time.
I highly recommend Fireman Movers. They will make your moving day a positive experience.

Move from Durham to Downtown Toronto

Best moving experience ever. Hired for 2 men and 3 showed up. The extra young man was free. Took a total of eight hours to move us from start to finish. Also, quite gracious about moving a couch and some luggage to our daughter’s condo, two blocks away. All three of the young men were polite, clean, and respectful of our stuff.

Extra kudos to Ryan, Ryan, and Josh!

Movers

First time I used movers. My move was within the city, family and friends have used the Firemen to move cities and we have all been completely satisfied. These are fit young men who move quickly and efficiently. They are careful, professional, courteous and a pleasure to deal with from Ahmad for booking to the movers themselves. They provide as little or as much of what you need in terms of packing, wardrobe boxes, blankets for protection, shrink wrap couches, picture crates. This move was during peak time so cost could be lower depending when you book. There is a $50 fuel surcharge per truck. I highly recommend and will definitely use them again.

Private User reviews Waterloo, ON

Repeat customer

My family has used Firemen Movers for our last 3 moves. The first two moves were great but unfortunately this last move left us with damaged furniture and quite a bit of damage to our newly built home. In dealing with the owner they were not willing to reimburse any portion of the cost of the move or our storage fees. We've given this company thousands of dollars over the years and were not satisfied with their response to our concerns. In the end the owner offered us less than $400 for the damage- a fraction of what it has cost us to repair the damage. In addition I was told there was no way the damage to our home was caused by the move, my claims dismissed and was told the company should not have to pay to fix issues in my home. The home was newly built with no issues until moving day. I've spoken to other repeat customers who also feel the level of care has gone down hill over the years. Please do yourself a favour and purchase insurance for your move.

Alexandra in Vaughan
Alexandra in Vaughan

Friendly, Strong, Hardworking Movers

My boyfriend and I moved in together. He had to move some furniture to his mother’s house for her Airbnb . Then the remaining stuff from his place, and my stuff from my place, had to be moved to our new place. We arranged for the first move a few days before the big move. The two movers were efficient and lifted and transported his large items with ease and very safely. It was incredible, especially since we worried that they would be difficult to get through the doorways and into the elevator. They also stored two pieces of furniture for him and brought them on the truck when they showed up for the big move.

The big move was the following week. We started off at my place in Mississauga. There were a lot of bins and furniture and pictures, but the three different men who moved us that day were strong, efficient, and exhibited some of the best teamwork I have ever witnessed. After my place, we all drove to North Toronto to pick up my boyfriend’s items. That was also done efficiently.

Then came the monster task of emptying the truck at our new place. What our new place lacked compared to the other two was an elevator. Yep, they had to carry all of our items up to the upper level of a duplex. That’s three sets of 6 stairs. So 18 stairs in total. Oh yeah, and it started to pour rain upon our arrival. Regardless of how heavy an item is, that’s quite the job. And let me tell you...I had packed some totes to the max with books, etc, so most of the trips were made with heavy items.

The one thing that really impressed me was I have a large solid teak hutch. I’d told the movers it was heavy, and they joked that they’d be the judge of that. Well, let me tell you, once they picked it up at my place, they were in agreement....it was a beast. One of the heaviest items they’ve ever moved. And these three men carried this thing up 18 stairs, demonstrating the best teamwork I’ve ever encountered. They talked each other through it and worked together. It was a struggle every step of the way, by their own accounts, but they didn’t give up and made it safely. I couldn’t believe it. I was so nervous, I couldn’t even watch. But I could hear them conversing and deciding on the best methods to get it upstairs and when it came through the doorway I couldn’t believe it and congratulated them for such a good job. Then my boyfriend and I weren’t exactly sure where it should go in the dining room so we had them place it in three different spots. And they did so with smiles and eagerness when I would’ve been cursing.

Anyway, the entire day took twelve hours and by the end, I was exhausted and I hadn’t even done any of the heavy lifting. This moving company is hardworking and dedicated and even during the struggles, they never once complained.

I would absolutely choose Firemen Movers again, and if you’re looking for a moving company, look no further. Their rates are also very competitive and they work tirelessly to meet your standards and satisfaction.

Hi Alexandra - thank you for providing these kind words about your moving experience and the crew you had! Happy to hear they made this move a successful one! Thanks for choosing Firemen Movers for your move, and we hope you enjoy the new home.

Sharon in Toronto
Sharon in Toronto

Moving Day

Moving day can be so stressful but Jamie, Eric and Brad made the day go so smooth! They were on time, very professional and efficient at their jobs. I highly recommend Firemen Movers to anyone needing a stress free moving day!

Hi Sharon, thanks for taking the time to reach out and share your experience! So glad the crew provided a successful move for you and thanks again for choosing Firemen Movers.

Rosanna in Toronto
Rosanna in Toronto

Condo Move

Amazing!!! We were so pleased with Kailen, Mark, Carter and Dan. We have had some bad experiences in the past but this move was a breeze with Firemen Movers. They were within the quoted time frame and there were no hidden fees. We will definitely be using Firemen movers for our next move.

periwiseman in Toronto
periwiseman in Toronto

Home move

It was a pleasure to deal with Lorne, Ethan and the other Ethan. They checked in with me a few time before the move, showed up on time, sent 4 guys plus one trainee to do the job and got it done ahead of schedule. Sending a minimum of 4 people is key. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this company to anyone planning a move in the Toronto area!

Hi Peri - thanks so much for the kind words! We are so glad to have assisted with your move and we hope you enjoy the new home. Thanks again for choosing Firemen Movers.

earladunbar in Toronto, Ontario
earladunbar in Toronto, Ontario

Moving

Moved from Toronto to Burlington on the day after we had the big snow storm. The three movers, Jamie, Josh and Matt, had to shovel us out, to be able to move our stuff properly. Matt was a neighbour in Toronto, so he walked over to meet the other two. When he got to my place, he started to shovel and then the others joined him.
Very nice people, who were respectful and kind. Took great care of my antique furniture.
Would recommend them - for sure.
thanks again, Jamie, Josh and Matt

Private User reviews Carleton Place, ON

Moving from our house to a condo

We were really happy with the professional & friendly movers Jamie R. & Tomas Z. They worked quickly & took a lot of care in making sure everything was properly wrapped & protected & everything made it safely, including our glass top dining table!! My parents used Firemen Movers a few years ago & had such a good experience we decided to use them too. We would definitely recommend them to friends & family ?
Laurel & Dan B.

More about Firemen Movers

Residential and Commercial Moving and Storage, Packing and Unpacking Services.

As professional Firefighters, each day we rely on a commitment to teamwork, safety and integrity to provide our communities with emergency services when they need them most.

Applying these same principles to the Residential Moving Industry has allowed us to create a company that provides Ontario with the highest standards of moving and storage services. Why Firemen Movers? We are Safe, Dependable, Hard Working and On-time!

Our commitment to quality working practices ensures that everyone involved in your move is a trained, properly equipped and certified employee. We do not use day labor or contract out, which ensures that we can move your belongings quickly and safely. In addition to exceptionally high service levels we also support 2 important local charities, The Sick Kids Burn Unit, and the Red Door Family Shelter.

Call now to learn more about our Ontario moving services and receive a FREE, no obligation estimate for your move.