HomeStars  >  Roofing in Toronto  >  M&R Roofing

Reviews for M&R Roofing

Kevin
Kevin

Roof Repair and Replace

Came out same day after wind storm to put up temporary cover to prevent rain damage. Took some time sort out the details for the actual repair (due to unexpected circumstances out of people's control), but once figured out, they brought the materials and finished the actual repair in a timely manner. They were also able to take a look at another part of the house and were able to repair the flashing. After all of the work was completed, they were great about cleaning up.

Shairoz
Shairoz

Roof repair

Great workmanship and open and transparent with respect to work involved and timeline. Also a 10 year warranty which provides peace of mind. Great to deal with all around. Thank you

estela in Etobicoke
estela in Etobicoke

roofing

After a big storm M&R came very soon to cover our roof with temporary plastic making sure we were safe from father damage.
During the shingles replacement the installers were very professional and worked very efficiently . The clean up after the job was also good.
Thank you M&R staff.

Flat roof replacement, extra insulation

I am very happy with the quality and service. Excellent workflow. Great management, communications, outstanding crew. Work was done as promised and on schedule. It was also done without any surprises. Absolutely no disappointments

KevinInTO
KevinInTO

High Quality Work with Warranty

I have enlisted MNR on two separate occasions for roofing projects for my current home, one to replace a flat roof and one to replace asphalt shingles. What sets MNR apart is they know what they are doing as you will see from the detailed quote they provide you. The purpose of my review is to thank MNR for honouring their warranty as some ridge cap shingles recently came loose after the wind storm and MNR replaced them without hassle. I am very pleased with MNRs work and recommend them.

Amazing company!

After the insane wind storm in the GTA, I scrambled to find a reputable roofing company that could complete emergency repairs. My roof sustained damage on one side and had a gaping hole as one of the vents had been ripped off along with several shingles. It was forecasted to rain in the upcoming days and I was terrified of adding water damage to my list of problems. I called around and got quotes ranging from $1000 to $6000(!) for a 1-2 hour job. M&R Roofing was recommended to me by an associate at Home Depot and I visited their office minutes before they closed. I brought a sample of my shingle and the kind gentleman not only went out of his way to find the exact match, but gave them to me for free. I also got a replacement vent. I explained my difficult situation to him and he booked me an appointment for emergency repairs that week despite being very busy. The crew came to my house and did an amazing job! I miscalculated the number of shingles missing, and noticed they had driven back to their office to get more mid-way through the job, but never even mentioned the inconvenience to me. The price was more than reasonable and I truly appreciate Marcin and his crew going out of their way to help me during this difficult time. I feel reassured because they installed underlayment prior to nailing the shingles. Thank you so much! I would 100% recommend M&R to all my friends. :)

Julie in Toronto
Julie in Toronto

Still waiting for warranty repair

Thank you for finally replying to me via email. I am altering my review to reflect the prompt response I received after posting this and to reflect the original work and the superb clean up job that was done initially.

Review has 1 previous version

This roof replacement was completed 9 years ago and as you mention we have returned to address any warranty issue in the past so some patience based on that history and the fact that the initial work was completed with no issue as you yourself mention would be appreciated. We never said that it would not be addressed this time around or in the future either, but will so on our schedule which is very busy this season as we attempt to prioritize our commitments. None of this suffices a 2-star review to get our attention. It certainly does not help in contractor and client relations.

The issue at hand is not asphalt shingles falling off. The asphalt shingles are still intact. There is no exposed wall area as you can see from the photos. These "laminate" (architectural) asphalt shingles are composed of two parts, the base layer and the second layer that cover only the exposed bottom half of the base layer and is adhered to the base layer with asphalt. The shingle is nailed in the middle through both layers, however this second layer appears to be slipping away from the base layer (i.e. de-laminating). This is unrelated to our installation workmanship. It is simply the product de-laminating. I wouldn't even fault it as a manufacturer failure, I would say that given the following circumstances, asphalt shingles may not have been the best solution for that vertical wall. The front mansard wall is almost vertical so the asphalt shingles do not lay on the wall. Instead they hangs, which contributes to the slippage pressure and possibility that the second layer that is only adhered to the base layer with asphalt and a nail at the very top of the second layer can slip over time. Especially so, since the that wall has lots of sun exposure due to it's south western exposure and the shingles also being black and absorbing the heat. This heat causes the asphalt that is adhering the two layers to run and the layers to de-laminate even slip around the nail. So, given the recent heat wave we have had, these couple of shingles have de-laminated. Please note this has began to occur in the ninth year of the installation. In hindsight, though it is an economical solution to install asphalt shingles on a vertical wall, when exposed to south west direction and lots of sunlight and heat over the years, conventional vinyl, aluminum or other siding as on your neighbours mansard wall would be preferred.

Again, we are will address this de-laminating issue within the warranty period. However, I think a 2-star review and a review at all to address this issue is unnecessary, exaggerated and unfair. Unfortunately, this seems to be the age that we live in. Please contact us directly to address this issue.

daves review in Old Toronto
daves review in Old Toronto

Very happy with the service and the quality of the is company. They not only did my garage but also my roof a few years back and I have had no issues

cthompson in Toronto
cthompson in Toronto

Honored the Warranty

We put on a new flat roof and mansard with M&R in 2010. Everything has been great over the years but this year, a few of the actual asphalt shingles became delaminated and separated off the mansard. Marcin got the shingle product rep out to our house to replace and correct the problem. It is nice to have a company that honors its warranty seven years after the fact! Thank you Marcin

New roof job.

I found M&R roofing to be extremely courteous and professional. They were incredibly responsive to my needs which I fully appreciate. M&R's ability to communicate effectively via email was very impressive and went a long way to setting a good first impression. The crew was on time and diligent in their craft. Clean up was excellent as well.

Great service with a great price! What more could you ask for.

More about M&R Roofing

M&R Roofing provides the highest quality and professional residential and commercial roofing services in Toronto and surrounding areas.

SERVICES: We provide a complete range of roofing related services including the replacement and repairs of sloped and flat roofs, related carpentry and sheet metal work. See our services listing below.

INSPECTIONS: Our roof inspections and resulting estimates are complete, detailed and thorough outlining all material specifications and installation procedures. Thermal infrared imaging inspections are also available.

EDUCATION: We take pride in the acquisition and application of building knowledge. We hold the following certificates, degrees and diplomas. Certainteed Master Shingle Applicator and Quality Master, Soprema T-02 Basic Techniques, Soprema Advanced Techniques PAQ+S, Velux Certified Installer, Roofing Technology, Maintenance and Inspection Course, University of Toronto Building Science, Lexcan TPO Training course, University of Toronto Commerce and Economics with High Distinction.

SAFETY AND INSURANCE: The meeting of health and safety regulations is our minimum standard. We are members of all required regulatory bodies. All of our employees are covered by WSIB and are certified in WHMIS, fall protection and propane handling training. We are fully insured an bonded including in the application of torch down rubber membranes.