Dome Contracting & Insulation

Reviews for Dome Contracting & Insulation

sabina in maple in Concord
sabina in maple in Concord
3 reviews Concord, ON

removed and re sprayed attic

From start to finish Dome looked after us, they came to remove our old insulation in the attic and approx. a year later were back to replace it. Very pleasant people to speak to and afforable and fast, what every homeowner wants in a Reno. Thank-you

Thank you Sabina! It was our pleasure to be part of your renovation project!

Inter-Can Painting from Oakville
Inter-Can Painting from Oakville

Basement Insulation

Best Service, Price and overall Job Presentation and Equipement. Was done on time, clean and I didnt have to be at home. As a contractor I know how important it is to get the job done on time and on budget, so I left the key to my house and the job got done. Super Thrilled with the results.

Our pleasure Justin!

ivanna in Oakville
ivanna in Oakville

insulation install

The Dome crew arrived on time prepared to start and complete the work in one day. They were highly professional and efficient. They even insulated a door for me free of charge. Clean up was done by them quickly and expertly.
Dome called me later to ask if all the work was completed to my satisfaction. And indeed they had surpassed my expectations.

We're glad to be of service! Thank you for your kind words!

dawn in Scarborough
dawn in Scarborough

Asbestos removal

Quote was quick and reasonable. Arrived within time frame and finshed on time. It was smal job. Left home neat and tidy. Office staff helpful and efficient. Robert was very kind and knowledgeable . Overall I would recommend for similar job.

Thank you for your review! We are happy to be of service to you!

Martin in Oakville
Martin in Oakville

insulation in attic

So I should have known there was something wrong here when the salesman called on the Monday night at his scheduled time and said he had a crisis at his house with his wife and kids. When he finally came two days later, John seemed pretty cool and got me to agree to more work than the energy audit called for.
Job was booked with one day attic insulation removal and next day foaming, venting and re-insulation. They removed the insulation on day one but at the end I was told to make sure the ceiling pot lights were to be boxed. I said no problem as our electrician was booked for the first thing the next day and they said they were coming at 10:00 am.
They never came. At 1:00 pm I called and was told they were not coming. Rescheduled for the following day at 1:00 pm and they showed up 2.5 hours early. I asked the worker at the door to come inside and see that the lights have been insulated but he refused and ignored me three times. After clearly communicating my frustration at their total disregard of any scheduling promises and the lack of any communication of any changes, the workers drove off in their truck and left a pile of nails on the road, also swerving off the road in order to drive over my lawn leaving a huge long divet.
Apparently John the salesman texted me five hours later that this company has decided to not finish the job. I guess the generous deposit was good enough. Not on apology and all the blame was placed on me for being upset that they could not stick to schedules.
I should have read the 2009 review on this site before going with Dome. Avoid at all costs.

This homeowner was difficult and verbally abusive to young lady in our office and hung up on her. Yes there were scheduling conflicts, but homeowners reactions were not appropriate. Again, verbally abusive to crew when they showed up early on a Saturday to complete the work. A deposit was taken but didn't cover our costs. This homeowner is not worth pursuing any further. We do not work with customers who do not respect our workers, regardless of our scheduling mishaps. Funny enough, we found another contractor who refused to work with the same homeowner on a different project!

JLwoody31 in Oakville
JLwoody31 in Oakville

Asbestos Removal (Abatement)

We contacted Dome to see if they could provide a quote for the removal of a material we thought was asbestos. A main water line int he basement was lined in a cardboard type material and since the house was built in the 70's we were concerned. The contractor came out within a day and gave us a detailed quote by email. He was able to answer all the questions we had and didn't over charge like some other companies we contacted as the job was rather small (less than 20 feet of pipe).

I would recommend Dome to anyone in the Oakville area looking for a similar service.

Thank you for your review! We are glad our service made for an easy and efficient process!

Charlie's Mommy
Charlie's Mommy

Insulated Attic

I hired Dome to insulate my attic and right from the beginning I was impressed with the service. The crew was friendly, and professional. I was also grateful that when the job was done, there was no mess left behind. I would and have recommended them to my friends and neighbours.

Thank you for your response! We strive to offer our customers with the best service. We are happy that you were pleased with our work!

Bellablue
Bellablue

Weatherizing my attic

Great service, professional workers and they left my house clean! The work exceeded our expectations and I can feel the results already. Thanks for keeping us warm this winter and I would recommend this company anytime!

Thank you for your response! We are happy that our work and service has left a good impression on you!

johnner
johnner
15 reviews ,

Attic Insulation & Air Sealing

Dome contracting was once listed on the Holmes on Holmes website and frankly took advantage of that fact. They are deceivers and did sub par work. Also said he needed the final payment before the job was inspected because he had to pay his workers. He seemed honest and nice but don't be fooled! he ran with the money and I spent 2 entire weekends finishing up what he said he has already done right to my face.

Here is a list of things not done correctly on the job:

1) Did not airseal bathroom fan or air vent to bathroom closet. Able to put fingers right through and push on bathroom fan from attic. Makes us concerned that no air sealing was done to all other air vents and light fixtures, even though Robert assured us it had been done and it was not. I had to go up and do this all myself.

2) Wall by thermostat not solved. John asked Robert to "do whatever you have to do to fix it". Cold draft still coming in after Robert foamed small amount of area.

3) Insulated Box for air exchanger was not closed at ends and left large opening on back side which makes it of no insulation value at ALL, therefore risk of pipes freezing and major damage.

4) Did not blow insulation properly across back of attic on far side of air exchanger. Found pieces of pink insulation (which should have been removed as per quote) in back section. When lifted up, no blown cellulose and can see right to ceiling boards.

5) Attic hatch is still not air sealed. Air is still coming in. Also styrofoam falling off in one section.

6) Frame around hatch constructed of styrofoam, not wood, and not attached securely at corners.

7) Did not remove debris and pink insulation as quoted. Have photos of all the junk left up there (big pieces of wood, etc).

8) Did not lay catwalk board to air exchanger and actually confirmed with us that it had been done.

9) Did not blow insulation into headers properly. We are able to see the hardware cloth we installed to keep the squirrels out. Also you didn't seal up this hole as you stated you would.

10) Debris from cutting out roof vents dumped in attic (left over sharp metal pieces, wood, roofing) did not complete the installation of 7th vent and left holes in the roof that rain started coming through.

11) One of the air ducts was knocked apart and blowing hot air straight into attic!!!

12) Handyman found drywall cuts on ceiling of furnace room to be poorly done and very difficult to repair so whole ceiling had to be replaced

13) Dripped foam on heaters and carpet and walls very sloppy no drop cloths used.

14) Did not blow insulation under shelf across front of house, had to have him come back to do that.

More about Dome Contracting & Insulation

Dome Contracting & Insulation provides insulation removal, mold removal, asbestos removal as well as blown cellulose insulation, blown fiberglass insulation and spray foam insulation installation.

We are fully insured and licensed with specialized & certified staff trained in all the latest abatement technologies as well fully trained insulation specialists. Our workmanship and materials are fully warranted.

Dome CI has been optimizing efficiency of homes since 1999. Over 75% of our business comes from referrals, which is a testament of how effective and essential our services are. Our focus is ensuring you live in a safe & healthy environment while maximizing your home’s thermal efficiency.

Call our office today to get a free estimate or find out how we can help you!

Insulation, Mold Detection & Removal, and Asbestos & Lead Removal
Insulation Removal Services Fire Damage Insulation Removal Water Damage Insulation Removal Animal feces / Animal infected Insulation Removal Blown fibreglass Insulation Blown Cellulose Insulation Spray Foam Insulation Mold Removal Mould Removal Mould Remediation Asbestos Removal Asbestos Abatement Disinfection services
Asbestos Abatement, Mould Remediation, Vermiculite Removal, Insulation Removal, Loose fill Insulation, Cellulose Insulation, Blown fibreglass insulation, Spray foam insulation, Walltite Eco Spray Foam, BASF Spray Foam, Attic venitlation, Air Sealing Attics, Rafter Vents, Baffle Vents, Soffits, Roof Vents, Turbine Vents, Raccoon Damage, Racoon feces removal, Contaminated insulation removal, Energy efficiency optimization, roof repair, leak repair.
CLIMATIZER, WEATHERSHEILD, OWENS CORNING PROPINK, BENEFECT, CONCROBIUM
We use industrial custom built removal trailers and insulation installation trucks that remove and install insulation and other debris safely and effectively straight from your attic without the need for us to carry bags through your living space! Click on the first picture in the gallery to see how we do it!
1999
Cheque, Visa, MC, E-Transfer, Cash
Full licensed and certified
MTCU Certified Asbestos Workers & Supervisor
PROJECT RATE
Contact us for a free estimate!