Skylights Unlimited

518 Gordon Baker Road Toronto ON M2H 3B4

Reviews for Skylights Unlimited

Marty Campbell in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Did a great job. Had the job done within a weeks time as it wasn’t a huge job and they could squeeze me in. Love that they take some before and after shots, since you can’t get up there to see for yourself.

Ian in St. John's

Excellent work by the whole team from quotation, work done, cleanup, and followup questions. Everything explained, expectations set properly, no surprises along the way. In my case I was replacing an old Velux skylight that I'd been less than impressed with (but was not leaking): always felt cold underneath it (turns out improper installation by builder), screen had been improperly installed leaving a gap for bugs to enter if i opened it, and was showing signs of approaching deterioration. I just installed the manual crank Velux b/c money was a consideration. I don't know if I would have been happier with the rain-sensor instead, but that's not a fault of this team. Their work was terrific. I would recommend them.

FR1164 in Toronto

I contacted Skylights Unlimited because my 2 skylights were old and leaking. From the outset, the service was exceptional. Denis came over promptly to assess the situation and give a quote. He spent extra time explaining how skylights can leak and reviewed the work that will be done. The day of installation went very smoothly. The technicians were professional and cleaned up very well. They even provide photos of the finished work ( a nice touch!). Overall, we were very impressed. Don't hesitate to contact Skylights, you will not be disappointed.

C Reaume in Toronto

From the initial contact through to the final installation, the approach from Skylights Unlimited was very professional. The replacement options were discussed at the consult/quotation stage and installation was coordinated around my schedule. This company was recommended through a contractor contact and I would not hesitate to pass along the recommendation. Job well done.

CC in Thornhill

My old skylight installation was giving me some repeated problems over the years and I was not receiving acceptable service from the the original installer over two separate occasions. Out of frustration, I decided to look into replacing it even knowing quite well that I probably don't need a replacement right away. Homestars brought into my attention of Skylights Unlimited which is in our neighbourhood and so I decided to check it out. I was met with Braydon whom I found to be professional, knowledgeable and courteous. He came and did an inspection of the existing skylight and was even able to do some on-the-spot rechaulking to resolve my immediate concern while I wait for a new replacement. His willingness to provide immediate help was something that even the original installer was not able to do in spite of the fact that they did send a serviceman to "look" at it. Obviously, I was relieved, and impressed by Braydon's help.

The new skylight was installed within the promised time frame. In addition, they also replaced a couple of existing wind turbines with Maximum Vents to improve the attic overall ventilation. The work was completed without a hitch. Thanks again to Braydon and his partner.

I am happy and will certainly keep Skylights Unlimited in my good book.

With the exception of Tina at reception, Skylights Unlimited has given me the worst customer service of any contractor I have engaged at my house. Tremendously overpriced and unprofessional/rude service as soon as the job was completed, 2 years ago. I was resigned to the situation and held back from any negative review until now. This summer I called them for the biannual inspection recommended by Dave to maintain their 10 year warranty, but despite two separate calls, each with assurance that Dave would follow up with me, I haven't heard a word from him. I can now only surmise that Skylights Unltd has no intention to honour their warranty. The only reason I'm giving 2 stars rather than one is that I have had no issues so far with the work itself, which Skylights Unlimited actually subcontracted to Costa Caulking (whose direct price, I discovered, would have been 25-30% of what I had to to pay Skylights Unltd).

This is the first negative review I've given. Perhaps this experience is the exception that proves the rule, as I've generally had extremely good experience with the many contractors that I've found on HomeStars.

I had Skylights Unlimited install a Velux sun tunnel in my second floor hallway and could not be happier with the product and service!
They showed up on time, were very thorough, and make knowledgable recommendations on placement.
The final product is gorgeous! It provides far more light than I had expected. Not to mention the team was very careful (it is a newly renovated space) putting down tarps and cleaning the second floor and attic before they left. Would highly recommend them to anyone looking.

Ethel in North Toronto

I too had a heat retaining plastic skylight. From my first meeting with the gentlemen from Skylights Unlimited, through the estimate, to the installation of the new skylight, I was impressed with the professionalism of the company. The process was clearly explained, and the quality of the workmanship appears to be excellent. The workmen came on time, and treated my property with respect. Communication with the office was easily accessible. The guarantee on the product and the workmanship is very good. Most important, there is no longer a 3-5 degree increase in temperature between the first and second floor.
I would definitely recommend Skylights Unlimited!

David in Toronto

Had a plastic dome skylight when we moved into our new house which created to much heat on the upper level. Contacted Skylight Unlimited and a few others, we went back and forth to decide the best solution, skylight with heat exhaust fan was installed last week, very professional and clean. Did a great job, heat is gone in upper level, would highly recommend.

Steve Kelly in Toronto

This is a first class establishment from start to finish. The office staff Tina and Susan are pleasant Profesional and very helpful. The owner Dennis Charron showed up quickly and spent a good deal of time explaining the products available, and all the options to get us the best bang for our buck! The installation crew were amazing!!! They showed up on time, worked diligently and were thoroughly professional. I guess because they specialize doing skylights there was an economy of movement that filled me with confidence in their ability! They even took pictures to show the process so I could see the work performed without having to go up a ladder!!!! This is a great company doing what they said they would do and more. Great warranty too. I rate this as 10 plus!!!!