The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc.

Waterproofing
6-2416 Haines Rd Mississauga ON L4Y 1Y6
Waterproofing
The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc.

Reviews for The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc.

Do not use The Crack Doctor

I do not recommend this company if you want good customer service and reliable work. We had some cracks in our foundation and Michael (the man who owns the company and answers the phone calls) was extremely enthusiastic about the work they do and emphasized lifetime warranty. He sent Jeremy to come to fill the cracks and he was great, super nice. However, when the cracks started leaking, we called and Michael became extremely hostile, defensive and completely inappropriate in the way he handled his business. It's as if his company could do no wrong. After several phone calls and texts, he sent Jeremy again to fix one of the cracks. A few months later, another crack which was filled in by them started to leak. Again, Michael answered with his hostile tone and was extremely reluctant to send someone to come fix the problem. We have texts which confirmed the date that he would send Jeremy, but when the day came, he said he never had it scheduled in his calendar. Michael's customer service skills are the worst I have ever seen. He swears at his customers, says that he is not the customer service department (even though he owns the company and he basically takes the phone calls), and is just extremely inappropriate whenever you point out something that goes wrong with his work. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone solely based on the way he deals with his customers. Trust customer reviews when plenty of them state that he deals poorly with customers. I will be leaving reviews about this horrible company on Google Review and Better Business Bureau as well.

Private User reviews Campbellton, NB

Basement foundation crack

I had a basement foundation crack repaired by the Crack Doctor in 2005. The main reason I chose them for the job was because of their written Lifetime Guarantee. Last September 2021, the crack leaked again so I emailed and phoned the company to arrange for warranty work. A dude by the name of Michael was very arrogant and aggressive with me and he told me I would have to wait for the next leak. So, I just contacted him again about another leak on February 16, 2022. After numerous emails, phone call attempts, and text messages, the unprofessional and mean spirited Michael once again dodged, deflected, and denied guarantee servicing. Their phone message system is a joke because their mailbox is always full and you literally cannot leave a message. It was like that last September and it’s like that right now. They just want to avoid consumers and they will only contact you if THEY want to communicate with you. Anyway, dude Michael asked for photos so I sent him photos. He then asked for a photo of the original invoice so I sent him that. Then he asked for a photo of the outside wall so I sent him that. After all this running around, he miraculously diagnosed the problem and, guess what, the new leak had nothing to do with the original repair. I asked him to please send an employee to my house to inspect and he aggressively refused to. What a mean, angry, and unprofessional person! I have never experienced such a rude person before in my life. I have filed a formal complaint with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services for the Province of Ontario. Anyway, I just want to protect all of you by advising you about The Crack Doctor. Avoid this company at all costs. I am extremely disappointed with the way I have been treated by this unprofessional and unethical company.

Mario in St. John's
Mario in St. John's
0 reviews St. John'S, NL

did not complete work that was ordered and paid for

they were to install french drain and part of contract was to move shelving and stairs to do the work. They did the work and then did not place the shelving back nor did they put the stairs back. They simply added for blocks at bottom of stairs. So now my stairs are not to code.
as for shelving i got it put back. The total for them to do this right was maybe $200.00 a very petty gesture on there part.

Julia from Platinum Home Designs
Julia from Platinum Home Designs
1 review Hamilton, ON

LEFT A MESS, DIDN"T EXPLAIN<, TERRIBLE FOLLOW UP

The guy that came in did not say he wouldn't be fixing our insulation after ripping the plastic cover--did not tape back up..
LEFT A BIG MESS EVERYWHERE..
We have pictures, have followed up and the Service person said he was disappointed as well, but would not offer compensation and basically said--"oh well", can't help you.
They don't care about their reputation or their work--wish I would have read the reviews
DO NOT HIRE THESE PEOPLE!!!!

Foundation Crack Repair

Upon moving into a new house, we had water coming into the basement through a foundation crack. The previous owners had used The Crack Doctor for a previous repair, so we blindly called them to come out and fix this new one. BIG MISTAKE. If I had read the reviews prior, I would have never hired them. They are fast to come out and do the initial repair, but if you have issues don't even think about utilizing that Lifetime Warranty they claim to offer. Two weeks after the repair, water was coming in through the same repaired area. I sent them a picture, after which they promptly declared that it was a new crack off the first one and as such the warranty would not apply. HE COULD TELL THIS FROM A PICTURE WHERE THE CRACK WAS COVERED WITH CEMENT?? I explained that the work was done two weeks prior, if they could please come out as a courtesy to check the work. He told me they would, but if they determined the warranty was not applicable (which he already intimated from the picture) I would either have to pay $675 for another repair, or $160 for the service call. I DON'T THINK SO! On principle, I hired another more reputable company to come out and fix the issue properly. I was going to have to pay twice anyway, at least now I know it's done right. STAY AWAY. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Warranty work on injection done in 2015

Jeremy arrived to fix warranty work for a basement crack that had been injected for $500.00 in 2015. This leaked in 2018, appointment was booked but unfortunately the appointment was cancelled and no one called back to rebook and the mailbox was full. Thought they had gone out of business. This time called left a message under the require an estimate email and Mike called back a couple hours later and offered to be here the next day to fix.
Jeremy has fixed the leak. Hope all goes well. Jeremy was wonderful and informative and has re-injected the wall, was fully covered by warranty.

shawn in Barrie
shawn in Barrie
1 review Ottawa, ON

Basement water leak repair

Hello Michael.

I want to express my greatest thanks for helping us fix our water issue at our rental property in Ottawa. We were under a time line crunch at the end of summer with the renters moving into the house in a few weeks. We had to get this issue fixed beforehand and we were so glad you could fit us in your schedule. The job was only one room, but your explanation of what had to be done was very clear and gave us the confidence to move forward with the project. We do not live in Ottawa so there was a lot of trust involved with leaving the property in your hands. Even though we never met in person! The project was done on time and the house was well looked after. The project went as exactly planned, the cleanup was very satisfactory and best part is no more water leaks! The room was rebuilt successfully. My renter moved in to a new room with no issues.

Thank you once again and if there is anyone that wants to speak with me as a reference please just let me know.

Best regards,

Shawn Court

Landlord 1477 Queensdale Ottawa.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Window Well

Basement leaked from window. Jeremy came today and was very professional and helpful. He cleared the blockage and let me know what to do to prevent it from happening again. He also pointed out some other drainage problems and how I can fix them. Very happy with service from The Crack Doctor!

Jessyka.Potvin
Jessyka.Potvin
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Crack In Fondation Repair

Great customer service, took the time to walk around the house with us. Even discovered a second crack we were not aware of. Got that repaired as well.
Job well done. Nice clean repair. Highly Recommend.

Private User reviews Renfrew, ON

BAD BAD SERVICE

Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever received. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. After spending $5.000 on ONE SUMP PUMP & reposition my original 2nd sump pump with NO repairs of ANYTHING WHATSOVER as promised 2 months ago, I had more water leak into the basement. When I ask Mike all the promised, he simple said Your $5000.00 is finished you need to give me more money .After placing several calls and leaving several messages over a week and half long period and getting absolutely no response for him to come back. I finally just give up and look for someone else to shell out more money for the initial problem that was not fixed LITERALLY TOOK ME TO THE CLEANERS. BAD.. BAD SERVICE.

More about The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc.

The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc. is a licensed, award winning foundation waterproofing company offering the full spectrum of waterproofing solutions to help keep your home dry, safe and healthy. From old to new, we specialize in waterproofing all sorts of structures and we are dedicated to proving you with ...
Looking for Waterproofing pros in Vaughan?