3160 Norland Avenue Burnaby BC V5B 3A9

Reviews for BC Wide Services Ltd.

Darieh in Burnaby
Darieh in Burnaby

Furnace service and replacement

During service they told that my furnace had leaking gas to force me to replace the furnace. they have asked for $800 for this service. when I called another company figured out that all the BC Wide Tech told me were incorrect. Their initial quote was only $99. Never use this company and avoid them for any services.

Private User reviews Burnaby, BC

Heat pump installed

I had a new heat pump system put in for a great price.
Amazing job! Everything was explained to me so I knew what was going on. The technician was on time and very professional. Already recommended them to friends .

Nadia in Burnaby
Nadia in Burnaby

Hot water Tank

Have always been very professional and easy to deal with . Hot water tank started to leak called them at 10:00 am they replaced it in same day . Quick and convenient . For sure I Will recommend them to everyone and give them the perfect score!!!!

Sherry S in Burnaby
Sherry S in Burnaby

Furnace service

604-473-9690
3160 Norland Avenue
Burnaby
BC
V5B 3A9

Very satisfied with the service I received from this company. They arrived on time and worked around my busy schedule to fit me in.
I would definitely recommend BC Wide Home Services.

Chris in Burnaby
Chris in Burnaby

Do Not Use This Company - Furnace Maintenance

This last Friday Dec 11, 2015, I had a appointment for furnace maintenance. This was supposed to be from 12 - 1pm. They were over 2 hours late with no call letting me know. I had to call to inquire. From then, I knew I was going to have a bad experience. The furnace tech then came and had a look at the furnace. He told me there was a gas leak and I needed to replace a part which would cost $480. From what I saw he did no maintenance. He then said that the part will need to be replace or the furnace needs to be replaced. Luckily for me, I have an uncle who knew another furnace technician. My uncle's furnace technician came today and had a look. He says it looks like the furnace technician from BC Wide Home Services loosened the bolt to the part that he said needs to be replaced. My uncle's furnace technician tightened the bolt and tada, no more leak. This saved me over $500. This service was purchased from a Groupon and I have reported this bad business and bad business practice to Groupon. I am requesting a refund from Groupon. Save yourself some time and money. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Jasmine in Burnaby
Jasmine in Burnaby
1 review Surrey, BC

Terrible customer service.

Absolutely frustrated with this company. Had furnace serviced at $350 including a replacement part on September 26, 2015. I am now having the exact same whistling sound coming from my furnace that I thought I had paid to fix. They can't come to my home for 5 days, however when I called them for initial services, they were at my house the next day. Terrible customer service. Their groupon deal is for a service call only. It is only to check whether the furnace is in good working condition. It is not to flush a furnace, as I had been told over the phone or for any other service.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Furnace Service

604-473-9690
3160 Norland Avenue
Burnaby
BC
V5B 3A9

They serviced my furnace last year and did nothing! They just turned the furnace on and off a few times and said everything is good even though there were signs of rust in the furnace. This year I called another company and this time they did a proper clean up of the furnace and fixed the leak that had caused the rust as well as pained over the rust for the same cost.
Not recommended!

Cindy from Abbotsford
Cindy from Abbotsford
1 review Abbotsford, BC

Fireplace Cleaning

This was a groupon gas fireplace cleaning. They were here for 10 minutes, cleaned the glass on the fireplace and vacuumed under the grill. They tried to sell me a new fireplace switch for $89.00 and asked if my furnace had been recently serviced. No other work was performed. The serviceman told me this is usually a $129 service call. He didn't check any vents outside and he said there was no need and wouldn't even go outside and see if they were clogged. DO NOT purchase their fireplace service, YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY!! DO NOT PURCHASE GROUPON COUPON!!

Julie from Burnaby
Julie from Burnaby

Cleaning Vents

I purchased a groupon for a discount on a furnace cleaning and servicing. I didn't know much about my furnace, but thought it should be about time that I have it serviced anyway. So for 69$ the guy spent 25 minutes doing something to my furnace and then sold me a filter, that in my opinion, I didn't need a 200$ filter but I took his advice and bought it anyway. Then he explained my vents needed to be cleaned, and they would do it for another 269$. The next day I suspected that I have been dealing with a charlatan and I called the competition. I learned a lot that day, first of all some professionals think the filter I bought for 200$ is a gimmic, while others knew very little of it, although they do carry them, they do not push sales, Now, in total 69$ (for the groupon) plus 269$, equals 338$. Funny thing, here I am thinking I got a deal while the competition does the same think for the same price...and I had a groupon. SO THERE WAS NO DEAL. Plus three other competitors explained that cleaning the vents in a house my size takes 3-5 hours. The BC home services guys did in in 1 hour. And they never showed me the 'dirt' in my vents, I asked but they didn't. And they sold my husband a cheap looking thermostat for 125$. I didn't mention, I have talked with them about my concerns, and they cleaned my dryer vents for free. I don't know but the competition states that just the dryer alone takes time, and that cleaning a house of vents and a dryer takes 4.5 hours...and as I mentioned these guys were here for 1.5 hours. Anyway,it's my fault for getting screwed by these guys. I paid them over 650$ for 2 hours labor, cleaning the vents, plus a filter and a thermostat. My advice 1) never buy a groupon for home services. 2) never hire BC Wide, they will rip you off. 3) never let someone in your home to work without agreeing on a total price before hand. If you can't afford to get ripped off....STAY AWAY from these guys.

Julian in Vancouver
Julian in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Fireplace Cleaning

1. Didnt bring any cleaning supplies.
2. Completely rude and unprofessional.
3. Actually caused damage to our fireplace which cost us $250 to repair.
4. No one in management ever responded to our calls.

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Burnaby?