HomeStars  >  Lawn Maintenance in York  >  Urbanscapes & Great Canadian Snow Removal
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Urbanscapes & Great Canadian Snow Removal

boszormenyi in Toronto

I contacted Urbanscapes company to do a rock garden on our front yard. We are extremely happy with the end result. Richard and Clay did a fantastic job. Rich and his crew arrived on time and finished the job in tree days. Thank you both very much!

Sam

Job Price

This client was amazing to work with and look forward to working again with them soon!

I contacted this company as they had a high rating. When one of the owners, Clayton, came to provide me with a contract and looked around before the spring cleanup, he pointed to my beloved poppy plant (unusual colour when it blooms) and said it was a weed. I was taken aback and told him what it was. I was then concerned if they knew what they were doing. He assured me that his partner was a horticulturalist and knew plants so I shouldn't worry. As I needed the cleanup to be done quickly, the crew came a few days later. The partner was not there and the devastation they inflicted will take years to fix. They chopped up my herb garden -for example, tarragon gone and more; they cut down ALL my vines to right to the ground - even though there was green budding through - my Trumpet vines (which may not come back). my Clematis will but will take time; they got rid of ALL my raspberries so none this year. they left weeds all over but THEY PULLED OUT MY POPPIES!! They did try to replace the poppies and only time will tell about the colour. But so much devastation is such as short time!! They refused to return my fees as I threatened to sue them but luckily the credit card company returned them. It was still very costly!!
Addendum: Urbanscapes disputed the refund so I have once again been charged but I was charged the ENTIRE amount and not provided a partial refund as the company stated. I have been charged for an entire month's grass cutting and flowerbed care, NONE of which was done. As for their trying to remedy the damage, it will take a year or two to see what happens!

Job Price

We took full responsibility for our mistakes made during the spring clean up. We worked extensively with the client to make right the problems - In particular, to replace the poppies at no cost to them. We offered a partial refund on the the first instalment rather than a full refund because a 2-3 hour spring clean up was still completed. We wish this unfortunate situation turned out differently. Furthermore, if we receive funds back from credit card company we will issue a refund for everything except the spring clean up.

Thorncrest, O.

Urbanscapes and Great Canadian Snow Removal have been managing the exterior of my house for several years. Through their one-stop-shopping approach I only have to deal with one company to look after landscape design, installation, maintenance (including seeding, fertilizing, weeding, mowing, flowerbed planting and weeding, etc), irrigation, lighting, and seasonal cleanup. They also take care of window cleaning and eves trough cleaning, pressure washing pool decks and driveways and more. Throughout the winter they clear and maintain my driveways and walkways.
All it takes is one call and everything is taken care of. No need to negotiate with a variety of contractors. Excellent and reliable service at a reasonable price. Undoubtedly a saving over having individual contractors look after each event.

Pricing below is based on servicing my 1/2 acre lot.

Job Price

Thank you! It has been a real honor and pleasure working with you over the past few years!

UrbanScapes has been an excellent landscape service provider for our house! We recommend them to anyone considering a landscaping maintenance company! They have helped design, construct and now maintain our beautiful landscape for 2 years now! Give these guys a call!

Job Price

Really appreciate the positive feedback!

Richard, Clay, and team did a great job on our front yard landscaping project, which included planting, general landscaping, re-sodding the entire lawn, and sprinkler system installation. They came in on-budget and it looks great. They were always very responsive and went to great lengths to get the job done right (even returning to modify some things on a weekend, though we didn't request it). I would highly recommend Urbanscapes for your next landscaping project!

Thank you!

SP

We contracted Urbanscapes to resod our front yard this spring and are extremely happy with the end result. Richard and Clay were fantastic to deal with. Both patiently answered all of our questions and worked within our budget. On the day of the ‘resod’ Richard and his crew arrived on time and went over and above to ensure that our new lawn looked immaculate. Richard takes pride in his work and it clearly shows in the end product. The care and attention to detail he put into our project was remarkable and it has dramatically increased the curb appeal of our home. I highly recommend Urbanscapes and, in fact, will be calling them for any future landscaping projects. They are an absolute pleasure to work with. If you’re looking for a landscaper that is honest, hardworking and can deliver results, call Urbanscapes. Thanks Richard and Clay!

Job Price

Thank you! You were great to work with!

janet from Toronto

Clayton and Rich provided great service this past winter. This was my first experience with a snow service and I am extremely exacting about my sidewalks and driveway. Anytime something wasn't the way I wanted, I emailed and a crew was here in under 30 minutes.

Thank you Janet!

Andrea Cargman from Vaughan
1 review Thornhill, ON

Thank you to Rich, Richard, Stuart and the rest of the crew for doing such a fantastic job with our small property. You worked with us and the suggesstions you made about keeping the existing patio stones from our cement deck saved us some money, and look great. You demolished the cement deck, and had to take everything from the backyard manually. Not an easy job!!! We are thrilled with the wood stairs leading from our sliding door down to our new patio and have much more green space with new sod that has been laid for our son to play on. Thanks for taking the time to discuss proper lawn care including fertilization and maintenance of the lawn with us.
A great job guys, thanks again!

Job Price

Really nice people! Easy to work with and knew what they wanted!

sejal in Toronto

Ricahrd was great. Spent over an hour on initial visit, was patient, helped me choose the plants and met my price requirements and transformed small area behind my pool into a well manicured area that is great to look at. I would recommend him.

Thank you!

More about Urbanscapes & Great Canadian Snow Removal

UrbanScapes delivers reliable, timely, and courteous service from highly-trained and horticulturaly educated lawn and garden professionals -- professionals who invest their knowledge, expertise, and most of all, care, in their work.

If you love your lawn and gardens and want them maintained with the same care that you invest, UrbanScapes may be the company to help you meet your lawn, garden, and property maintenance needs.