Elite Renovators

Reviews for Elite Renovators

nicole in Scarborough
nicole in Scarborough

Low bearing wall removal

We had a large renovation project planned And we had difficulty finding a contractor that was capable of opening up our space the way our designer wanted We had 3 quates and were not satisfied. We were told that what our designer specified was overtly difficult, luckily we found elite renovators. We spoke with Steve He set up a consult date with us We descried what we would like and he took us from A to Z and explained the whole process very clearly He showed us in his portfolio other projects with the same layout, and a technical solution for our projects challenge. We would My husband and Myself are in the industry and were impressed with his knowledge. In particular to residential structures We would highly recommend elite renovators To any of our colleagues and friends

Benoit in Toronto
Benoit in Toronto

3 Load Bearing walls removal - High Park, Toronto

Elite Renovators completed work on 3 load bearing walls on my property. While the newly installed beams conformed to engineer specifications, the delivery of this service was well grossly behind schedule. The contractors left much to do behind him as well as much debris. While our contract was signed very early on, and was very clear on time lines as well as the work to be completed, Steve Ficarella did not conform to the contract. Avoid this unreliable firm.

Larra D.
Larra D.

Remove load bearing wall and install beam

We are renovating a house and wanted to open up the living room, kitchen and dining room. Our GC, suggested we call Steve and we are so glad we did. He is a little hard to get a hold of initially but do not let this put you off, he is just busy and focused on the job he is working on. (A good thing) Once we were booked Steve was amazing about making sure everything was on schedule. He got us in touch with his engineer as well. We had an unreasonably short amount of time to get this done in and he was right on top of it all the way. He also worked around us having a demolition crew in, which is very accommodating. Plus he is a really nice guy.

branko in toronto
branko in toronto

Opening walls and leveling sunken floor

My wife and I had just bought a house, and wanted our first upgrade to it to be opening a few walls and leveling an outdated 70's style dropped floor to put brand new flooring throughout the house. We had initially found Elite Renovators through homestars, and with such great reviews, we decided to go ahead and have them quote us for the work.
Steve came by and, as has been expressed by so many others on homestars, he was very knowledgeable and expressed exactly what he planned on doing to get us to our end goal.
We chose Steve to do the work, and he did exactly that. No delays or issues, Steve and his team got the work done exactly on time.
Throughout this, I had gotten to know Steve, as most people would because he's a very approachable guy, and can say without question that he holds his work and conduct to a very high standard. He's a master at his craft and a genuinely good individual, and would trust him with any project. I will definitely be using Steve again for work in my home, and would recommend him to anyone.
Great experience, and great company.

Thanks Steve!

Eric Haddad from Toronto
Eric Haddad from Toronto

Highly Recommended Professional Contractor

I encountered a nightmarish situation. I had purchased a home a little over two years ago, where the previous owners had removed a load bearing wall and a post in my living room. They hadn't reinforced it in any way and my entire home (no exaggeration here) was on the verge of collapse.

I was officially in panic mode. I reached out to a few contractors who had half decent reviews on this site. None of them had the experience I was looking for, or fully seemed to understand the gravity of the situation.

I contacted Steve, who immediately provided me with a solution using steel beams, all others had proposed LVLs. He came in at about $5000 less than the lowest quote I had received, and really seemed to be compassionate toward me and the situation, wanting to resolve it immediately. He continued to work with me throughout the permit process, worked with my structural engineer, the city, the electrician and the design architect, and the insurance company, until the job was completed.

Although things kept changing, Steve never got frustrated with me and always kept a cool head.

He is an expert contractor, a master at his craft, and an overall great guy, who helped facilitate this entire process.

Thanks Steve!

Martin in Mississauga
Martin in Mississauga

Structural Wall Removal

Overall I am satisfied. Steve was patient and answered all our questions. He also took his time in inspecting our home prior to the job. Quite knowledgeable and did not use any scare tactics.

Sometimes it takes a little bit for him to get back to you but this can be because he is busy with other jobs, and he does respond, unlike so many others we contacted. When it was time to do the job, he showed up on time, and complete the job on time and budget.

I would recommend without hesitation.

Jason in Toronto
Jason in Toronto

Removal of 2 load bearing walls

Work was done quick and professionally. I am very happy with the completed project. I initially thought I could do the install myself and looking at the completed job, I would have been way over my head. Steve and his crew completed the job in 3 full days including cleaning up at the end of each day. I would recommend them and would be happy to work with them again.

Cezar in Markham
Cezar in Markham

Structural work/load bearing wall

I had the opportunity to work with Steve and his team to complete a fairly big demolition (including walls, ceilings, insulation etc) and construction of new structure to support our open concept design (22 feet flush beam sitting on metal post). I would recommend him to any friend/family member and would hire his company anytime. He is very professional, on time, tons of knowledge and willing to go the extra mile to ensure his client is beyond satisfied! Thank you guys for helping us out. We appreciate it! Cezar

Tina
Tina

Wall removal

We hired Elite renovators to remove a section of existing walls to create a more open concept on our main floor. They were knowledgeable, professional, courteous, and performed the work within their estimated date of completion. Highly recommend using them for structural work.

Patty in Pickering
Patty in Pickering
5 reviews Oshawa, ON

Removed load bearing wall for kitchen Reno

"Go big or go home"!
This is what Steve said to me the first time I met him to give us his thoughts about potentially removing a load bearing wall. We had so many different quotes and heard "no you don't need a permit" to "absolutely you need one" and "this isn't load bearing" to "yes it's load bearing". We were very confused about what to do and how to proceed. But in came Steve from Elite Renovators. He carefully assessed not only the first floor where the wall was but also the floors above and below and determined (accurately) that indeed it was load bearing.
So we could either leave the wall as it was and just renovate our kitchen using exact template as our old kitchen or GO BIG and knock down the wall, open the space up and really renovate and redesign the kitchen and living/dining spaces.
Steve took the time to explain the whole process about applying for permit, getting engineers to draw up plans, and the logistics of removing the wall with little mess and all in a timely fashion. We were sold! And we appreciated that he returned calls/texts immediately, we kept him in the loop about when the permit was approved and he kept us updated on when work could start (next day after approval!) and kept his word about how long it would take and exactly what would be done.
Today we just passed final inspection with the city and the first floor looks amazing! It's so much more spacious and perfect for entertaining. Thank you so much Steve for your patience with all our concerns and questions and helping us accomplish our dream Reno!

More about Elite Renovators

Elite Renovators - We specialize in Load Bearing Wall removal! We provide our clients with top quality renovation and construction services, finished to an exceptional standard whilst remaining flexible to our clients’ changing needs. Should you be interested in The Elite Renovators undertaking a project for you, please contact us ...
Looking for Basement Renovation pros in Toronto?