Bp Insulation

Reviews for Bp Insulation

Essie in Vancouver
Essie in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Attic and crawlspace re-insulation and bathroom fan installation

I had a mysterious decade old soffit water leak despite my roof being in excellent condition. After consulting with multiple trades and reading about home maintenance, I realized the root cause of the issue was poor attic ventilation. This led me to decide to hire 3 independent trades to tackle my problem: 1. an insulator to unplug my soffit vents, 2. an electrician or hvac specialist to install new bathroom exhaust fans and ductwork, and 3. a roofer to install solar attic vents and bathroom vents on my roof tiles. It was October 23 when every roofer and insulator were tied up with prior commitments and unavailable until November 1st. My family and I were bracing ourselves for an expensive reno project around mid-November. This all changed when I contacted BP Insulation.

I am very inquisitive and Leo eased my concerns, gave pragmatic solutions to my ventilation issues and helped me save money with electrical installation and BC home renovation rebates. He was like a one-stop-shop-all! Within 1st meeting, I felt confident to hire him without bothering canvasing quotes which I normally would do. I trusted my gut instinct and hired him to do the following services:
1. Attic- remove 30yr old insulation (R12) including pest feces and sanitize, seal air leaks in b-vent and skylights, install double baffles in each rafter space, supply and install bathroom fans, vents and ductwork, re-insulate with GreenGuard labelled products (R40), and replace chipped attic drywall hatch.
2. Ground floor and basement - remove and replace bathroom fans.
3. Crawlspace - remove old insulation, sanitize, spray foam (R20), replace flex ducts with solid pipes for bathroom and dryer vent.

My 80yr old mom is very appreciative of Leo's thoughtfulness and consideration. Once agreed on the quote, he sent 3 men the following Monday Oct 29th for 2 full days straight. They arrived on time, worked hard and efficiently. No chitchatting or loitering. Dropcloths everywhere and thoroughly cleaned up after work. Kept me well-informed of stages of their work. If it weren't because they had to wait of roofer to install supplied bathroom vents, they would have completed by Nov 1st. They had to return and finish on Nov 5 instead -just 2 days before the beginning of winter when temperature dropped steadily below 10°C. YES!

Since day 1 of new insulation, my family has noticed remarkable difference in the overall room temperature and air quality inside our house. No more mysterious soffit leak. No more hot and cold zones in my house. Second floor bedrooms no longer feel too warm and stuffy with weird smell. Entire house feels and breaths like new house! I am anticipating huge long-term savings on my utility bills.

Bathroom fans are super quiet and effective than previous builder fans. Sadly, BC Hydro no longer offer rebates for bathroom fans. However, since Leo got them at wholesale price, I already save myself 50% off manufacturer retail price! Another advantage of hiring Leo is that since he works for BC Hydro on home upgrade projects, he knew exactly which retro-fit fan model and accessories to use for installation while still complying with BC Hydro standards. He saved me time from researching and buying new fans and accessories to ensure proper fitting and installation. I was only left with the headache of finding supplier with solar attic vents and a roofer who would agreed to install my vents asap. I cannot praise Leo enough!

As for the total costs, I have no comparison since this was the only insulation company I dealt with. But based on my past experiences with different trades, I would say they charged fairly and reasonably even though they are very skilful in their expertise and are willing to work above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. I note they not only do insulation, they are capable of electrical appliance installation, ductwork and probably other minor carpentry work. Had I hired other insulation company, chances are they would not supply and install bathroom fans, vents and ductwork for me. If I had hired 3 independent trades as originally planned, I would have spent more money and might not have everything done as fast. Besides, Fortis BC is currently offering rebates for attic ($900) and crawlspace ($1,200) insulation, resulting in my final cost being around $7k! That's unbelievably huge saving!

If you are seriously looking for no nonsense insulator who provides honest sound advice and quality workmanship at reasonable rates, then I highly recommend BP Insulation.

Thank you for your great review on our work and your experience with us. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your taking the time to write about your experience with us.

TaylorP in Langley
TaylorP in Langley
1 review Langley, BC

Soundproofing

I had an issue with noisy tenants above me, as I live in a basement suite, and had told my landlord that we needed to soundproof the ceiling to eliminate the noise from above, and had BP insulation come in to get the job done. They did an excellent job, and for an affordable price for the work being done. I can now sleep at night without being woken up from footsteps and loud tv noise. I would recommend BP insulation to anyone, they are a cut above the rest!

Very lousy job

My house had no insulation in the walls so I hired this company to insulate my rental suit because of noise. We can still hear everything, it made no difference at all. We also had to open up the wall to add a door and noticed that they hadn't filled up the wall with insulation, there was big gaps in the wall with the insulation sitting on the bottom and the rest of space was empty. Life has been so difficult for us because we always have to be careful to be quiet and make sure tv and music is at a low volume. When we have tenants with kids that make a lot of noise we can't sleep at night because of all the noise. I feel ripped off and regret hiring this company everyday and now there is nothing I can do to fix it.

Dave in Langley
Dave in Langley
1 review Langley, BC

Attic insulation removal and replacement.

The four fellows from BP showed up on time as promised to our somewhat remote site, vacuumed out the old insulation and cleared the attic completely.
They then installed soffit vents and blew in new insulation, vacuumed all areas of the house that they had accessed and cleaned up their outside work area.
All the guys were very professional and pleasant and did s great job.
I would recommend them to anyone looking for a reasonably priced and very capable insulation company. Picture after vacuuming out old and after placing new.

Thank you Dave for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure working with you.

Top notch company

Leo and his associates cleaned out our attic of old insulation including a bee's nest and a dead rat as well as junk left from the roofers to leave it clean as a whistle. Absolutely clean. Sanitizer was sprayed and the next day the insulating team came in and in two hours filled my attic with R40 fiberglass insulation. Dann and Guy were friendly, over-the-top helpful, answering every question we had and cleaned up wonderfully. For sucking up the old insulation and left over stuff, re-filling it with new up-to-code insulation and cleaning up it cost far less than I anticipated. Leo and his company will go out of their way to assist you.

My wife and I highly recommend BP Insullation.

David and Susan McKenzie, Langley

Thank you David and Susan. It was a pleasure helping you out and solving your attic problems.

Bruce Filsinger in Surrey
Bruce Filsinger in Surrey
2 reviews Surrey, BC

Insulation Upgrade

Leo and his worker did an exceptional job providing the following services:
1. Spray foam insulation in the crawl space
2. Upgrading the attic insulation to R50

All work was first class which included installation and cleanup. In addition, Leo provided all information to apply for BC hydro rebates.
Workmanship and cost was the best of the 4 quotes I received.
If you need this type of service, make sure you contact this company.

Thank you, Bruce, good to hear you were happy with our services.

saturniaenterprises in Surrey
saturniaenterprises in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Attic insulation

I am so impressed with this company! Professional, informative & meticulous in their work. They did it all. Removed all signs of raccoon living & the debris from the new roof. They immaculately vacuumed the entire attic & followed up with sanitizing. Then the venting was replaced & the pipes wrapped with insulation prior to blowing in the quality insulation. There were also many extra's done not because I requested but because it was the professional & right thing to do. It's not very often one finds a company that goes above & beyond for their clients. This is one of them. I highly recommend their service.

Mary Louise

Thank you very much Mary Louise for taking the time to write a review.

Marcia K. from Coquitlam
Marcia K. from Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

attic cleaning

They removed my old insulation that was contaminated everywhere with rodent excrement along with the old paper batts and probably a truckload of shingles which the roofer had allowed to fall into the attic during re-roofing. They vented my kitchen and bathroom fans out the roof instead of blowing into the attic where it was making the roof moldy. They also added vents to the soffit and roof to correct the attic's ventilation. They took pictures throughout and showed me the spic and span attic before refilling everything with new, much cleaner and safer insulation. There were drop sheets all the way from the door to the attic entrance. They were polite and on time. I could not stump these guys on a question. They know their work! They were the only company of 4 that I called that could do all the work, including the new roof vents. I will definitely be having them back to do the crawlspace when money permits. Thanks Leo and crew :)

J from Burnaby
J from Burnaby
2 reviews Burnaby, BC

attic insulation removal and replacement

I had the 30+ yr. insulation removed from the attic, vacuumed, sanitized and replaced with R50. There was a misunderstanding of job, but the company stood by original estimate, without nickel-and-diming for extras. The guys worked right in the heat-wave of May, just to honour their promised time-line, still with humour and respectful comaraderie, with communication with each me and each other. Bravo, and thank you.

Mable in Vancouver
Mable in Vancouver
2 reviews VANCOUVER, BC

Re-insulation project

I had a great experience with BP insulation. I needed my place re-insulated as we were having many problems with indoor temperature control. They did a great job and with great skill. I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing similar services!

More about Bp Insulation

In business over 20 years, BP Insulation is a family owned and operated, full service insulation contractor. Launched in the very early days of BC Hydro’s powersmart program, BP Insulation was the insulation installer of choice for several of the powersmart program’s registered contractors. We attended all the BC Hydro powersmart seminars, for contractors and tradesmen alike, and quickly adopted powersmart’s “Better than building code” principles. These early years, in keeping up with the demand for outstanding customer service, we ran more than one truck, trailer and machine, into the ground. With boundless energy, we kept pace with numerous contractors, all vying for the high customer satisfaction, that only BP Insulation could consistently deliver.

BP Today,

With the evolution of the family and a labrynthine network of contacts, tradesmen and support staff, BP Insulation has become a powerhouse, full service, insulation contractor in Vancouver’s lower mainland area. Our expertise and services have grown to include, attic vacuum and decontamination, drill and fill wall- ceiling-floor insulation, 2 lb spray foam applications, soundproofing, kitchen and bath ventilation upgrades, crawlspace reconditioning, whole home draftproofing complete with combustion safety and negative pressure testing, as well as mold, moisture, humidity troubleshooting and correction services.
With a fleet of trucks, trailers, heavy equipment and one of the finest 2 lb spray foam setups in western Canada, you can rest assured that your work will be done fast, efficiently, and with the same honour and integrity that made BP Insulation what it is today.

Services: Spray Foam, Blown Insulation, Attic Decontamination Services,