Silver Cross

HomeStars  >  Home Accessories in Toronto  >  Silver Cross

Reviews for Silver Cross

1 review Windsor, ON

Sterling Deluxe Stairlift

Before using this company checkout the competition to see if they have a buyback agreement. some of them do, this one does not. After my wife passed away I ended up with a $10000 investment which became a pile of junk.

James Butler from Oakville
James Butler from Oakville

Stair lift

On July 2014, service call costing $98 identified new batteries were required at a cost of $110. On Aug 28 2015 service call costing $140 but no problem was identified. Sept 1 2015 service call identified new batteries required costing $150 and additional service charge of $40. No warranty given on batteries and office manager Andrew could not explain away the huge increase in service call and batteries charge. I am disgusted with the price increases. These guys are gouging, be warned.

Judith Ancheta from Lakeland
Judith Ancheta from Lakeland

Stairlift

We have a recycled Bruno stairlift installed in Jan 2014, only chair was purchased as we have previously installed one. I requested the technician to have the lights on to indicate the connection, and I called for service 2-3x during the warranty period Ignored my request. The stairlift broke on November, called for repair. The technician who serviced it states "I was ripped-off" for the amount paid. The chair replace is outdated, discontinued and a "garbage". At that time I called Silvercross about the statement. No comments made by Silvercross. I wouldn't recommend the company as you will be ripped off too. The customer service is not helpful, you will be transferred all the time. I am a victim and I don't want you to be one also.

Flyinmom in North Toronto
Flyinmom in North Toronto

Chair Lift purchase & installation

About 1 yr ago, we purchased 2 stair lifts from Silver Cross. Supposedly, these were top of line chairs. We have had trouble with these products since the minute they came out of the boxes. Parts of chairs that don't work, chips that don't communicate, and poor customer service from the Silver Cross office itself. There are always excuses for why phone calls aren't returned. There are always excuses about THIS specific set of chairs...and it's always someone else's fault. No ownership of issues. Their installer, who is a contract not on staff, is very helpful, but ultimately we keep having issues with these chairs, things that make the chairs stop working. Kind of defeats the purpose. There never seems to be a live answer to the calls; almost always I go to voice mail. And then I wait and wait for return calls. Since the chairs are for seniors with motion issues to access multiple floors, speed of reply and repair is of some concern. I would not recommend this company for anyone else looking for stair lifts.

Renovating from Toronto
Renovating from Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Elevator repair

Several years ago I contracted with the Toronto franchisee of Silver Cross to install an Lev elevator in my home for use by my then 90-year old father. The installation was completed successfully and although there were a few problems with the elevator they were ultimately manageable. After the ice storm in late December 2013 the elevator stopped working due to the power disruption and even when it was restored the elevator did not respond. Attempting to get the Toronto franchisee to service the equipment has been very, very difficult and frustrating. No one at the Toronto franchisee, or for that matter at their purported head office ever seems available to take actual calls and multiple voicemails were not returned. I finally was able to make contact with the franchisee and their service people eventually contacted me. The service people have however never bothered to show up for an appointment. It has now been over three weeks since the elevator has been out of service and I have now called an independent elevator repair person. He responded immediately and will be coming tomorrow.

Terrible customer service on the part of Silver Cross!

I would not deal with them again.

Review has 1 previous version
irene in toronto
irene in toronto
2 reviews SCARBOROUGH, ON

hospital bed

bought hospital bed. it was incomplete. Brought in missing parts days later. railings and brakes were not installed correctly on more than one occassion. Company wouldnt take responsiblity for it and wouldnt take the blame. Service was also bad as they wouldnt send someone right away and in the end, at all. Safety does not seem to be a concern for them.

Silvana Tofano-D'Onofrio in Woodbridge
Silvana Tofano-D'Onofrio in Woodbridge
5 reviews WOODBRIDGE, ON

install stair lifts

I had quotes and met with other companies for this work. Silver Cross had the products most suitable for my mother. They were very helpfull, efficient
and professional during all the stages of the project. They were great to deal with.

Paul in Mississauga
Paul in Mississauga

Install used stairlift

Silver Cross installed a stair lift system at my parents house two years ago. They offered a used system, which saved considerable cost and looks fine. It involved two stair lifts to cover the full flight of stairs.

Installation was on time, work was good quality, and work area was cleaned up.

The stairlift stopped working within one week of installation. Technician came out promptly once called. He said that we had drained the battery down and it had to be replaced, for an added cost. Fixed the problem, but I was never clear what exactly was wrong.

Stairlift is still working fine after 2 years.

amanda/nazareno nesci in Richmond Hill
amanda/nazareno nesci in Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Elevator install, ceilling track system

No issues. Worth every penny. Extremely professional and answer all questions before I could even think of them. Reccommend highly. Sub-contractors were very professional,friendly, and very helpful. any issues that came up were addressed immediately. Cannot reccommend more highly.

anna woodbridge ontario
anna woodbridge ontario
5 reviews Woodbridge, ON

ELEVATOR FOR PORCH VERANDA

I am very disappointed with Silver Cross.

They charged my father 12,000,00 to put a small elevator lift at the porch veranda.

In the process of doing the job, they removed the railing, and then put it back on, and in the process it broke.

They did not do what they were suppose to do. They left the hydro wire through the window. We had to call them back to say that it should not go through the window because of the winter.

They came and put the cable somewhere else, and charged my father another $800.00 to do this, when it should have been done in the first place and with the original cost.

I will never deal with them again and I will ensure I tell everyone of horrible of a company they are.

They are way over priced, and they take advantage of old people.

Please stay away from them. If you see the job, it is not worth more than 5,000.00 and they charged 12,000.00. Plus the railing is now broken thanks to them. They will not replace it either.