Enchanted Chimney Sweeps

HomeStars  >  Chimney Sweeps in Oakville  >  Enchanted Chimney Sweeps

Reviews for Enchanted Chimney Sweeps

Meredith from Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Convenient appointment times. Technician was prompt, polite, and friendly; he left the fireplace area spotless when finished. The technician also had lots of good ideas for how I could modify my fireplace to reduce smoke damage on the brick surround. I was thoroughly satisfied with the service.

Paul in Mississauga

We called the company to clean our fireplace chimney. First time we had done this since we had the fireplace insert installed a year ago and started to use it. The Tech came on time. He was knowledgeable and courteous. Pointed out two other issues that I was not aware of, in particular a problem with the chimney top tile breaking. He gave me a detailed explanation of options, we accepted the work and the repairs were completed. Looks good.

Eleni, Midtown
4 reviews YORK, ON

Last year I hired Enchanted Chimney Sweep to clean my chimney and they found live squirrels in the chimney. The gentleman that came worked long and hard to remove the stubborn squirrels and did it in a humane manner. I was very pleased and relieved. Great job!

Steve

Great service, I was really happy with cleaner. Gave me the low down on the raccoon in my chimney. Forced raccoon out, and made sure it was gone from area before capping the chimney.

Steve from TO

Booked Enchanted Chimneys to come clear a squirrel who has occupied a space in our chimney. The Tech did come on time and was courteous but after spending about 15 min looking in the chimney and at the gas fireplace that was connected to the chimney, said that we needed to get a qualified gas tech to remove the gas fireplace to get at the squirrel/nest and that he was not "gas" qualified.

Far enough, but I was still charged $70 for the brief inspection visit.

I would understand the charge if Enchanted would then go to the next step and get me someone "gas" qualified (with which they could charge me a service fee on top, if they have no-one in house) to remove my unwanted visitor and the nest. But now I am back to step one looking for a chimney sweep who can also deal with chimneys connected to a gas fireplace and out $70.

There were some other issues with the chimney (the water heater was also venting through the chimney and needs separate liner) but the removal of the squirrel was still job one.

They could have told me on the phone if a gas fireplace was involved they were not qualified and save them the time, a bad review and lost an opportunity to make more money by thinking about solving their customer's problem, in which some of the steps would involve them.

So let it be known after contracting Enchanted Chimneys to remove a squirrel and clean the chimney we still have a squatter in our dirty chimney, but we are out $70.

We understand your frustration with our service charge and we apologize. We rarely get calls requesting any kind of service on a gas appliance as gas is clean burning and almost always has a screened cap at the top to keep animals out. We do try to always ask if the service needed is for a woodburning system, but appears in this case we did not. On these rare occasions we try to be as helpful as possible and advise on how to proceed from there. Often we do try to offer a referral, however, there are some areas that we do not have a referral. Again, we apologize and will be more diligent in our initial questioning so we can avoid any dissatisfaction.

P.R. of  Mississauga

We called Enchanted Chimney Sweeps initially for a W.E.T.T. Inspection. Our wood burning insert did not pass the inspection and because of insurance purposes we had to have it removed. They were incredibly helpful in telling me how to remove my wood burning insert on my own so I wouldn't have to pay them to do it (which saved us around $600). I also had them do some repair work on my chimney and fireplace. Once again, they provided economical solutions that I could do on my own so I wouldn't have to pay them to do it. Overall, they were incredibly honest, helpful and conscientious. I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs work done on their chimney or fireplace.

More about Enchanted Chimney Sweeps

We do most of our cleanings from the inside and we use a high powered Hepa vacuum that keeps your home soot and dust free. Two drop cloths are placed in front of the fireplace or wood stove and the firebox and chimney are scrubbed and cleaned with professional brushes. While we clean we visually inspect the fireplace and chimney for any potential problems. A cleaning generally takes about a 1/2 hour to an hour. We guarantee no mess! We proudly service the areas of: Hamilton, Halton and Toronto

Services: Chimney cleaning and sweeping: Fireplaces, Woodstoves, Blockages cleared, animal and nest removal, Screens and Raincaps, W.E.T.T. Certified, Fast Service, No Mess Guaranteed. We service from Toronto to Hamilton: 416-931-9522 (TO), 905-897-0584 (Miss-Oak), 905-523-6494 (Burl-Ham)

W.E.T.T. Inspections, and Premium Chimney Products. Certified professional technicians, services & products..

Chimney Products

We have a range of products and services to keep your chimney working properly and safely.

Click on the link below for expanded information on the following products:

The Lock-Top™ Damper,